Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 06:17:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana Memorabilia Thread  (Read 55071 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #320 on: November 05, 2013, 05:33:11 am »

I think it's just time the world moves on and kind of stops holding on to 'what might have been.' I personally think the Diana Era is over and it's time to end up going on in life.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #321 on: November 05, 2013, 02:35:05 pm »

It was a miniseries. Serena Scott Thomas I think was better than Naomi, though her hair style was all wrong.  The man who played Charles was spot on and looked and sounded like the Prince. The one who played the Queen was great and the actor playing John Spencer was practically a  clone of the real John.  It covered the Diana story from her childhood to ca. 1992. They integrated footage of the wedding with the actors acting out the parts. The one playing Camilla though was too attractive for the part. Some of it was a bit melodramatic though.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #322 on: November 05, 2013, 02:48:48 pm »

With her sons still alive and well of course her memory will last. It's the same as the Camelot Era. Fifty years later JFK and Jackie are still discussed and written about and of interest to people who were born after 1963. Diana is not going to be forgotten. It's the same as saying people have moved on from JFK and Jackie. Not going to happen. And the Duke and Duchess of Windsor still have films about them long after their deaths.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #323 on: November 05, 2013, 05:24:48 pm »

It should flop and I'm glad to hear that the world in its collective way has given it the inattention it deserves.  I saw the trailer and that was all I could stomach.

If it wasn't RGF I would've never heard of it, tho.  It didn't get any PR play in the US.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #324 on: November 05, 2013, 11:47:59 pm »

It was a miniseries. Serena Scott Thomas I think was better than Naomi, though her hair style was all wrong.  The man who played Charles was spot on and looked and sounded like the Prince. The one who played the Queen was great and the actor playing John Spencer was practically a  clone of the real John.  It covered the Diana story from her childhood to ca. 1992. They integrated footage of the wedding with the actors acting out the parts. The one playing Camilla though was too attractive for the part. Some of it was a bit melodramatic though.
.   I love those Diana made for TV movies, my favorites are the ones starring Catherine Oxenberg.

[/URL]
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #325 on: November 06, 2013, 05:23:10 pm »

I don't know who could had played Diana but I know who should not had--Naomi Watts.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #326 on: November 09, 2013, 02:17:23 pm »

I think it's just time the world moves on and kind of stops holding on to 'what might have been.' I personally think the Diana Era is over and it's time to end up going on in life.

The world has moved on more or less; there's enough for people to think about, a woman who died 16 years ago is not at the top of their minds.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #327 on: November 10, 2013, 01:09:37 am »

Snowpea I don't think you can generalize that way. There are also people who don't forget her. How many, only a census-type survey could tell.  I think Diana is like Jackie, neither will ever be totally forgotten.
india
Princess

« Reply #328 on: November 10, 2013, 02:53:32 pm »

Diana will never be forgotten. You cannot change history with a flip comment of "moving on". Her life and what transpired were monumental events with major repercussions.
Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #329 on: November 10, 2013, 03:10:51 pm »

I will never forget Diana. She was the first public figure I had ever seen combine genuine elegance and beauty with kindness and a real sense of duty.

I still feel immensely sad that she has gone, and that will never change. It is all very well saying 'Move on' but it is hard to move on from the memory of a woman who gave so much to this country and was treated like dirt.

Mariella
royal watcher

« Reply #330 on: November 16, 2013, 12:03:30 pm »

I didn't like it. Diana was more and more beautiful and fascinating...
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #331 on: December 27, 2013, 07:48:25 pm »

RICHARD KAY: Queen's loyal aide to lift the lid on Diana secrets in revealing book

For more than a decade he was at the heart of the royal story, serving the Queen during some of the most difficult and eventful years of her reign.

He witnessed at first hand the disintegration of three royal marriages, the Windsor Castle fire, and played a key role in the days that followed the death of Princess Diana.

Now the Queen’s former press secretary Dickie Arbiter is to lift the lid on those epic years in what promises to be one of the most revealing royal books of 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2529726/RICHARD-KAY-Queens-loyal-aide-lift-lid-Diana-secrets-revealing-book.html

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #332 on: January 15, 2014, 11:11:01 pm »

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/razzie-awards-naomi-watts-adam-sandler-ashton-kutcher-nominated-for-worst-acting-20140116-30vta.html

Razzie Awards nominations are IN (yay!) and Naomi Watts is on the list for her portrayal of Diana in Diana.  SO deserved and hope she gets it.  I snuck in and watched a few minutes and it was so awful and so cringe-worthy that I went straight to the movie for which I actually bought a ticket.

Razzie Awards: Naomi Watts, Adam Sandler, Ashton Kutcher nominated for worst acting

Academy Award winner Halle Berry landed a worst actress nomination for two films, the thriller The Call and Movie 43. She will be competing against double Oscar nominee Naomi Watts, who was nominated for the biopic Diana and Movie 43.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2014, 11:17:14 pm »

Being the brave one of this bunch I watched it and I admit, that it covered a refreshing angle of her life.

*runs to duck and cover*

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2014, 11:20:09 pm »

^LOL did you like it?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2014, 11:59:39 pm »

It covered it from a new angle and it's refreshing to see Diana portrayed as a jet setter as well as a humanitarian.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #336 on: January 16, 2014, 02:29:17 am »

^Interesting, KF.  I was turned off when I saw Naomi bearing a sloppy resemblance with a bad accent and very little elegance that Diana had, so perhaps it's not the movie entire but her performance.  But, I saw about 15 minutes and the dialogue was, for me, vapid and belonged on Lifetime, but that's just me.  I wonder if they made any money on it.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #337 on: January 16, 2014, 06:28:51 pm »

^ you can look here to see what the movie made

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758595/business?ref_=tt_dt_bus
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #338 on: January 16, 2014, 06:39:01 pm »

^Thank you.  I was trying to find out how much it cost to make the stupid movie vs box office but based on these blatantly low sales, it's a complete bust.  By any standards, those are the lowest ticket sales I've seen since Ishtar.  Movie 43 was pretty awful, too, maybe worse. 

sandy
Princess

« Reply #339 on: January 16, 2014, 08:07:15 pm »

Go to Youtube and you can watch the entire film of Diana Her True Story. I think it's cheesy at times but better than Naomi's film. The actor playing Charles is spot on, has the voices and gestures of the real Prince.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: