Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 02:03:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana Memorabilia Thread  (Read 55077 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 05:21:24 am »

Diana's dress screamed PRINCESS to the world and made it clear that she was someone to pay attention to. It was worth it's hype and surpassed it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 10:48:35 am »

Diana dresses sell for £168,000
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/diana-dresses-sell-for-168000-15152768.html?r=RSS
A light blue strapless gown with accompanying stole sold for 132,000 dollars (£80,000) and was worn on three occasions, including the 1987 Cannes Film Festival.

The auction attracted bidders from around the world, and organisers believe the recent royal wedding between Diana's son, Prince William, and Kate Middleton helped boost the sale price of both dresses.

could someone expalin to me how the Marriage between WK and PW could boost Princess Diana's dresses up in price  huh blink
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 01:58:33 pm »

Forget Kate's dress, it's Diana's bridal gown that's still drawing millions across the world
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384783/Forget-Kate-Middletons-dress-Princess-Dianas-bridal-gown-thats-drawing-millions-world.html#ixzz1LlVcaaw5

Princess Diana was one of a kind I don't think there will ever be another Princess that was as well loved as Diana was and still is to this day IMO
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 06:28:41 pm »

I can't.  That doesn't make sense to me, but who knows anymore.   oooh

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 06:35:45 pm »

Well, they dragged her out of the grave and used her at every opportunity, so it's just plain justice that people start to notice the difference.  And, boy, is there a difference between the two.  Nobody's going to love Wasty the way they did Diana.  Diana CARED, flaws and all, she really cared about people and showed it in a million ways right from the beginning.  Wow, do I wish she was still with us.

And stop, just  stop with the $2b viewers already.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
golden_heart
royal watcher

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 07:08:23 pm »

Agree,Princess of Hearts will never be forgotten ! She is still alive in our hearts ! Let's say Kate become a Queen one day-she will be by title,but Diana was a Queen of hearts ! She is my idol and the hell I miss her a lot !!!  sob
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 06:46:28 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1392995/Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-New-movie-focus-Princess-Dianas-memory.html

A new movie depicting the lead up to the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton will include the prince's late mother Princess Diana.
The director, Linda Yellen, says the film will be 'a psychological story of the memory of the mother and her legacy'.
Focusing on the wedding, which took place on April 29, William & Kate: A Royal Love Story started filming in early May and will focus on William's memories of his mother as well as the romance between him and his bride.

The director explained that her film is 'a very personal story. In a way, it's my tribute to her [Diana] as well as a tribute to the young couple.'
She added that William & Kate explores how the prince 'has to choose to live his life with her [Diana's] memory and with the decisions he has to make.'

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 01:23:38 pm »

Oh Yooper, that sounds exciting!
When is it due to be released?
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 03:46:25 pm »

Hard to tell since they're filming now, but based on past cycles, I'd say autumn.

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 12:19:59 pm »

Is it shown world wide or am i going to have to youtube it?

Hey, what happened to your siggie?
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 03:42:46 pm »

This appears to be a legit movie, with world-wide release.  I'm keeping an eye on it.

My signature comes and goes based on its worthiness.   hide

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 07:48:52 pm »

'Just a cosy nest for Mr & Mrs Wales': Previously unseen words written by Princess Diana expected to fetch £20,000 at auction
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2000321/Just-cosy-nest-Mr--Mrs-Wales-roost-Previously-unseen-letters-written-Princess-Diana-expected-fetch-20-000-auction.html#ixzz1OcKxZQAL
Letters reveal a personal side to people that many rarely see.

Now it seems that previously unseen notes penned by Princess Diana detailing her feelings after marrying Prince Charles in 1981 are gathering growing interest.

Margaret Hodge, a retired teacher who worked alongside Diana, has put forward a collection that is expected to fetch £20,000 at auction

what a sell out, Princess Diana must have not ment that much to her if she can auction off her letters like this.  sob thumbsdown screaming
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 09:30:01 pm »

^ I agree. This is something people just shouldn't do.

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 09:27:15 am »

At least Hewitt hasn't sold his from Diana, we should be thankful for that much.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 06:57:22 pm »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/letters-of-joy-hid-dis-pain/story-e6frf7lf-1226071927076

Letters revealed - well some of them.

"I TOOK William to see Father Christmas in a shop last week & he was quite undaunted by the prospect, instead he produced a list as long as your arm of presents he wanted for the 24th & nothing was left out! I do not know how parents cope with more than two children as the parents of these boys are exhausted before the event (24th/25th) trying to keep up with their pace!

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 06:38:30 pm »

http://jezebel.com/5810288/princess-dianas-letters-go-up-for-auction

With video.

Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 09:04:59 pm »

Poor Diana, Why Charles dont protect her, he was her husband

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 02:30:47 pm »

This is a complete betrayal. Did Diana EVER really have any real friends? It certainly does not seem like it.  Angry
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 03:47:48 pm »

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet.  I understand the anger because it bothers me that someone would profit off of this, but I'm not sure that she is yet.  Has there been a direct link to her keeping the auction money or is it for charity?  If she keeps the dough, that's really wrong.  On the other hand, they are a piece of history and it would be a shame to lose them in somebody's attic or by fire, for the future.  Perhaps leaving them in her Will and putting them someplace safe would have been better as time heals things, but I'd rather they were secured than just left to rot.  So, until I know more, I'm withholding judgment.  dontknow dontknow

There's no changing that they're going to be auctioned, so I am also interested to see who will be the holder of these documents. 

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 12:32:57 pm »

Princess Diana's memorial fund to wind up

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/8649505/Princess-Dianas-memorial-fund-to-wind-up.html

Controversial Diana memorial fund to close after 14 years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016638/Diana-memorial-fund-close-14-years.html#ixzz1Se0akP5Y

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: