Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 02:02:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana Memorabilia Thread  (Read 55076 times)
spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« on: November 09, 2010, 11:37:04 pm »

Princess Diana admirers gleeful as Grand Rapids Art Museum exhibit opensGRAND RAPIDS -- The exhibition "Diana--A Celebration" opened this morning in the Grand Rapids Art Museum.
About 100 people who had bought timed tickets for the first hour were there for the 10 a.m. opening of the museum's doors.
The exhibition includes Diana's wedding dress from her 1981 marriage to Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales.
But the dress gallery also includes some 27 of her outfits, from evening gowns to more casual attire.

Read more and watch a video: Princess Diana Exhibit

Grand Rapids museum hosts Princess Diana exhibit
An exhibit chronicling the life of the late Princess Diana is going on display at the Grand Rapids Art Museum.

"Diana — A Celebration" opens today and runs through Feb. 16 in Grand Rapids. It includes 150 items that include her royal wedding gown and the diamond tiara she wore for her July 1981 marriage to Britain's Prince Charles.

The show in Grand Rapids will include the text of the eulogy given by Diana's brother at her 1997 funeral.

The display is part of the museum's 100th anniversary celebration.
Read more: Grand Rapids museum hosts Princess Diana exhibit

Grand Rapids Art Museum "Diana — A Celebration" Page

Loyal Harry-ite#8
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:38:41 pm »

Princess Diana exhibition opens in Kansas City
http://www.stltoday.com/travel/travels-with-amy/article_c7aa0d7a-443f-11e0-b2f3-00127992bc8b.html
While the world waits to see what wedding gown Kate Middleton will wear as she walks down the aisle to marry Prince William, you can head to Kansas City to get a look at the puffy concoction his mother wore 30 years ago.

Starting today, Kansas City's Union Station will host "Diana, a Celebration." The exhibit chronicles the life and humanitarian work of Diana, Princess of Wales. It will remain on display through June 12 when it heads back to England.

The exhibition features nine galleries containing 150 objects -- ranging from her royal wedding gown with its 25-foot train and 28 of her designer dresses to family heirlooms, personal mementos, and rare home movies and photos. The exhibition is on loan from the Althorp Estate, the Spencer family's ancestral home.

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 12:09:09 am »

Princess Diana's Spare Wedding Dress Revealed
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20476911,00.html
When Princess Diana walked down the aisle in 1981, the world was anxiously waiting to see what sort of fairy tale frock she would wear.

What a lot of the world didn't know was that the fancy wedding dress she wore wasn't her only dress option. There was, on reserve, a backup wedding dress which would act as a stand-in if Diana's dress was revealed before the big day.

Now, it is just being shared for the first time.

"At the time we wanted to make absolutely sure that the dress was a surprise," said Elizabeth Emmauel of Elizabeth and David Emmanuel designs, who created both gowns. "Had the secret of the real dress got out it's possible that Diana would actually have worn this one."

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 12:27:02 am »

Actually I like the back-up dress better then the original  hide
She didn't wear that wedding dress, the dress wore here!
She completely disappeared in it! And those puffy arms.. gosh!
It was a fairytale dress but gawd it was so impractical!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 02:36:16 am »

Fully and totally agree!!!!  The arms on the backup are much better and don't make her look like she came out of a cake-decorator's icing tip.

Although, I've seen pics of the one she wore and on the rack it's gorgeous, but I heard someone say on t.v. today, "A gorgeous wedding dress doesn't necessarily mean a gorgeous bride."  It was too much for our dear Di that day.  Lovely as she was, the simpler version, even she'd admit, I bet, would have been more flattering.

Gosh, I hope Wasty totally flops on her dress.  Big time.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 05:13:20 am »

The dress she chose to wear was a DREAM come true! It was SO princessy and exactly what a princess bride in a fairy tale should have worn and she is legendary for that one dress alone. I wouldn't have minded at all if it had been seen before, since it's not like they had seen her in it! The sleeves were perfect and if you want to talk about faults, the only fault is that it had those ruffles at the neckline, that's IT!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
June
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 10:16:46 am »

The only thing I didn't like about the dress was that it crushed mercilessly and looked a bit of a mess. Though just a girl, I recall lamenting this with my mother at the time she stepped out of the carriage and everyone gasped at the dress.

But I agree with KF, it was just the dress for a princess.  thumbsup

How sad that we can't be happy for Waity, wondering how she'll look and her dress.  eightball
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 11:48:00 am »

I also like more the spare dress!

Although Diana's dress was perfect for that moment I've never liked it much.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 11:17:38 pm »

Princess Diana's wedding earrings are to be worn by her sister for Prince William's big day
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23940439-princess-dianas-wedding-earrings-are-to-be-worn-by-her-sister-for-williams-big-day.do
The diamond earrings that were the "something borrowed" worn by Lady Diana Spencer when she married Prince Charles are to make a reappearance for the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
couldnt this Lady wear something else? surely  X-Mas_rolleyes thumbsdown
Duchess Georgiana
courtier

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 11:20:54 am »

I completely understand why Lady Sarah wants to wear it. It's Diana's son, it's his wedding and it is as if she is bringing a little bit of Diana's memory into it. I only hope Kate doesn't wear the Spencer tiara (she is not a Spencer but she would be able to wear it if she wanted to, right?). If she does then the entire thing is going to get creepier.  blink
sophiechloe
courtier

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 11:25:10 am »

I only hope Kate doesn't wear the Spencer tiara (she is not a Spencer but she would be able to wear it if she wanted to, right?). If she does then the entire thing is going to get creepier.  blink
I agree.  Perhaps that's why the wedding dress is such a guarded secret - copy of Diana's dress? -  Shocked - The way this wedding is going - maybe, just maybe  oooh
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 10:09:28 pm »

It would be sweet if it it not were for all the other Diana reminders on this wedding.

Just for "fun" I hope Elton John sings a candle in the wind during the ceremony  easter-James

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Earl Grey
courtier

Last hope for the Windsors: Anne for Queen!

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 10:30:22 pm »

For a minute I thought "God, please say it isn't so, Waity is wearing them"

Sometimes it takes a little child to say what we have all been thinking
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 10:34:34 pm »

^I read the same and nearly had an attack but if you read all the article it says:

"There are certain items, we have been told, in the exhibition that were removed and will be with the family [for the wedding of William and Kate]."

so waity could wear something from Diana just not the earrings  nervous anyone knows if the lover's knot is in the exhibition and the spencer tiara?  nervous

Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 03:08:32 am »

At first I thought it was Kate's sister pipsqueak wearing them ick !

But Diana's sister I completely understand, especially if they were given to her after Diana's death. It's her right and decision to wear them or not... after all it can't get much worse after FAKEY LAZY WAITY got DIANA'S ring!

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 06:13:17 pm »

And this is news?  huh blink

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 02:43:10 am »

Very nice earrings ! I love heirloom jewelry. I have 2 Tiffany & Co. pieces, a Lanvin string of pearls, a Hermes bracelet, and my maternal grandmother's bracelet and 2 very old gold family crosses to pass on to my beautiful daughter.   Kiss  loveshower

Allegedly, Kate is to wear her grandmother's earrings on April 29. (where did I see this ?? I will remember !)   dontknow  easter-think 

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 02:49:14 am »

This is lovely and appropriate, one of the few things PD would approve.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 04:07:46 am »

As Kate Middleton's dress wows the world, Princess Diana's is locked away in a glass case
 http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/08/as-kate-middleton-s-dress-wows-the-world-princess-diana-s-is-locked-away-in-a-glass-case-115875-23114209/#ixzz1Lj6sMoU9
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 04:13:22 am »

Nothing will ever top that, however poofy.  And it brings in charity, too.  Gosh, I miss Diana.  We'd be in a different place if, well...y'know. 

Wasty won't put her dress in a glass case for a while, she's too busy putting it on every day looking at herself in the mirror like a mad rabbit.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: