Royal Gossip
May 26, 2017, 03:58:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William refuses the throne?  (Read 7369 times)
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2014, 04:49:26 pm »

My guess is that Wimpo will remove himself citing his need for a normal life and whatnot.
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2014, 05:26:01 pm »

^^ Thank you for that Snow Drop. I already had that in my post, some just have selective blindness it would seem.

laugh laugh
KGap
courtier

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 04:51:41 pm »

Harry has a deep sense of duty and family loyalty. That much is obvious. William? Not so much.

Hypothetically, if harry were to take on the job, he would be older, somewhere between 40/50/60.
Hopefully somewhat settled. He would have an easier time with the role vs. will.
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2015, 11:28:19 am »

I don't know if he is outright refusing the throne but he certainly isn't embracing it very much, is he?
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2015, 03:15:52 pm »

Carole wouldn't let him refuse the throne!  bignono

CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2015, 08:49:59 pm »

No kidding! Ma worked way too hard stalking Willy for him to quit.
india
Princess

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2015, 10:21:32 pm »

I bet every time he mentions dropping out of the line of succession, The Viper clamps down on his petulant a$$ with her long pointed vampire incisors and gives him a good chew.
Lindsay
courtier

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2015, 12:56:50 am »

If George turns out better than his breeding and the way he was raised then I would say yes he might see kingship. I don't see that happening, he doesn't look smart enough which means he's going to be just like his parents. You can tell wether a baby is bright even at this age, a certain brightness and awareness in their expressions and I don't see that in him, he's average at best, so unless he goes above and beyond as far is his character goes and diverges from how he will be raised and his genetic predisposition. I doubt he'll see kingship, people won't have him. I also think that by then the BRF would've become redundant anyone and deposed in another way.

That's not true and it's unfair to judge a child's intelligence with photos, especially when many are photoshopped and the eyes changed. Some kids learn and develop faster than others. For example girls are much more verbal, on average, they start speaking earlier and have larger vocabularies but around 7 or 8 most kids are on a fairly even playing field. At that point you can tell who was advanced, "slow", or average as a toddler. Of course there are always exceptions to the rules like kids who are extremely bright to the point they can skip grade levels or kids with disabilities. I would agree that genetically a child of theirs would be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to IQ. Plus, his eyes are proof he has some genetically unlikely combinations  tehe so hopefully intelligence is another unexpected deviation.

Also, genetics are only a part of how intelligent a child ultimately becomes. He doesn't need to be a brain surgeon. Having a well rounded education, public speaking skills, a love of learning, curiosity, depth, a love of reading and the internal desire to push himself he'd be orders of magnitude better off than both his parents combined. Good teachers/nannies with a child development background can help cultivate and foster these traits. Hopefully this is instilled in him and counter balances his parents lack of interest in academics, culture, and expanding their horizons.

If you take into account his parent's work ethic, their lack of maturity, the state of their marriage, and how uncomfortable they still seem with him (for example W's face on the photo in this thread, K being worried about managing George on vacation with at least 5 legal adults, more if either of her siblings bring their SO, and probably a nanny to watch ONE child. His nannies and teachers will be a significant part of his life in both time spent with him and their influence. Hopefully they can mitigate some of the damage done by his parents vapidity and lack of interest in anything scholastic or challenging for them. His nannies, teachers, and probable boarding school may provide him a fighting chance of developing into someone whose interest extends beyond their own nose. If they can do that then he will be much better equipped to make the most of whatever intellectual potential he has. So please don't write off a kid before he even starts school.  flower

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--EY9pY_pV--/kycbbnn5fkr7prarpttm.jpg
BG is not popular-like AT ALL.
Wimpo is complaining about him constantly, no reports about him being able to talk.

I really hope that isn't true! That doesn't seem fair to have an unpopular baby. He has to be more popular than his parents. Who doesn't like or judges unfavorably a baby they don't even know or have to deal with? It also doesn't really matter if he can talk or not. You can judge his parents on their words and actions but this is a baby. Who we have about an hour of video of and a handful of photo. That isn't enough to judge much more than cute/not cute.

William loves tearing others down.  It seems like anytime he talks about Harry publicly he tells the media "jokes" to cut him down. They are never funny and always about ways William is better than Harry. If Harry has high profile for any reason, especially for good causes (Walking with the Wounded, Invictus Games, serving his country in a war zone) you can count on William making fun of him publicly, usually pointing out his own superiority. Kate got a few nice-ish comments leading up to the wedding, nothing all that sweet and romantic. She now is part of his "comedy", like the recent comment of her hair being a nightmare but nothing too bad yet in public although their are quite a few stories of him ridiculing her to his friends when she was there. PG, I don't quite get the point of the insults though. Guesses:
- He can't give an actually give a compliment to someone else because of his massive and fragile ego
- It is part of their "regular, everyday people BS" tale they love to spin every once in awhile.
- He resents George for being a chain binding him to Kate forever ?
- It is better than the truth of "Kate texts me a selfie every day from her mom's house to "show me what I'm missing." Every once in awhile George is in it accidentally too! Oh my God, why did I have to fall for that cr@p in 2007?"

I don't know. Kate does it too but much more subtlety. Hopefully, despite the comments they at least like him somewhat as long as someone else is dealing with the unpleasant or boring parts and when they have better things to do like lay around at an exclusive resort, drink, hunt, shop, work out, scheme with mama  Carole making lovepotion for Wills, Jecca  easter-wink

with regards to the topic of the thread - William has refused the throne first of all - the throne ain't at this moment available and if it was he is not the one who would get it

second - that site has told us 1) the Queen wants to bypass Charles for William - yeah that's true right

2) Camilla wants to divorce Charles and wants a 75 million settlement - yeah - that true right also

there is to put it mildly a certain credibility gap with that site -

I don't think there is much chance he'd give up  the throne anyway - I think he likes his position and the deference and certainly the perks William as common citizen would not be a happy man at all - despite what he claims

The site just reports what is in the tabloids. The First Amendment protecting the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press, limits laws dictating laws about what these "journalists" can and can't say especially when it comes to public figures. Libel and defamation are so much harder fight successfully in court. So they just take the fire enough bullets you are bound to hit something every now and again approach. Tiny things like laws about the monarchy, consistency, and reality are much less interesting than the modern day Game of Throne soap opera the writers decided to invent.

I agree with your last paragraph. As I already said any positive attention Harry gets drives him crazy. He would die before he watched his brother's coronation. When he uses his baby to get attention he can't even share the spotlight! He needs to be the loving, patient, hands on dad who is stuck with an loud, aggressive, terrible baby. If he told cute stories like a proud dad people might pay more attention to PG's cute actions instead of him and his huge act of generosity of sharing private things with the public and talking to the press!

I'm sure he will find a way to turn being Head of State and Defender of the Faith into a part time job with a mandatory three months of vacation. And not the Sandringham stuff... expensive, exclusive tropical islands and maybe some skiing. He doesn't want the job to help his country. He wants to be the reluctant martyr doing this great service to the Commonwealth. However, if he (not to mention Kate) keep aging in dog years and the propensity for longevity that seems to run in the rest of the family. It may not be an issue.  easter-lol

it won't happen because it would open the door for serious discussions about getting rid of the monarchy throughout the entire commonwealth (those that still retain the monarch) and his family and the government would not let that happen.

they won't let him do it - he won't do it - for all of his moaning and groaning - he would never give it up to Harry - never.  He also is not about to give it up and then have to watch his son become King - that is never going to happen.  Remember - he cannot abdicate on behalf of his son.  His ego would not allow him to give it up and then sit back and watch someone else get it - and maybe even watch something like Harry be declared regent or have his son put under state guardianship.  He absolutely could never tolerate the loss of status.

And also - if he did - in some insane otherworld - give it up - it is unlikely he could swan around England.  He would probably be encouraged to leave and live someplace else.    Also he'd lose some element of control over his kids - how can a man who refused the kingship raise the future King?

Then there is money - granted he has his trust fund which I think also incudes some money from his great grandmother but he would lose all the income from the Duchy that is his when he becomes PoW - he would find living off of his trust fund - and no longer getting the houses from grandma - a bit too pinched a lifestyle.  It won't happen.

The monarchy is tied into the entire UK power structure - it is not some stand alone thing. Anything that threatens the monarchy threatens that power structure. And then throw in the relationship with the US - this is very serious power issues here - they will not let a spoiled petulant man child disrupt and threaten all that.   

I always thought the Queen was a figure head. How would it threaten the power structure? I am honestly curious.

I read a little bit about it and saw this: "If Britain were to become a republic the constitutional transition would probably be smooth. One head of state would step into the shoes of another...That is the perfect scenario.

Difficulties would arise, constitutional lawyers say, if change went beyond merely replacing a hereditary monarch with an elected president."
(From The Independent, link below)

The arguments for that I found were:
- It offers a politically neutral head-of-state
- It offers continuity
- Adds color to the nation
- Annual celebrations give the UK a boost
- The UK's most famous traditions stem from the Monarchy
- People don't want to change the name of the to the United Republic, - Allows for a division of the work load the ceremonial, diplomatic, and philanthropic tasks can be performed by the Head of State and freeing up the PM to focus on the political tasks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/the-great-british-republic-as-the-royal-family-crisis-deepens-michael-fathers-peeps-into-a-crystal-ball-that-shows-a-fateful-evening-in-the-next-century-when-the-house-of-commons-is-told-that-the-monarchy-is-to-be-abolished-1543462.html
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2015, 01:52:19 am »

There would have to be a huge public outcry for a republic from the people of Britain with organisations pushing for a republic signing up millions of members. This would result in a debate in Parliament followed by a referendum dealing with the future of the monarchy. Ain't happening.

As far as William is concerned, as a teenager he was reluctant to confront what was his destiny. As a man of over thirty I think he is over that and that he is a future sovereign.

That doesn't mean he's ecstatic about it. He's distinctly unenthusiastic about performing royal duties, as we know. That doesn't mean though that he wants to give royal life away. There's no sign of it, he's never spoken in public about any wish to remove himself from the succession, nor have there been any rumours that he's said in private that he wants to do that.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2015, 04:32:22 am »

I do think that unlike his peers, William has a good decade to catch up and get his act together.

In Kate's area, I think she has a good long wait until she gets to enjoy the title "Princess of Wales" and will be ticked off over that. I do think Kate is determined to see William accept his future mainly since she's going to go where he does. If he walks away, then it means that she won't become Queen Consort.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2015, 07:50:41 am »

The Midds have been preparing for the moment. They say James boasted among his pals: "His sister will be the queen."

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2015, 07:55:37 am »

I think William is determined to avoid his chances in life like plague. He's avoiding training for the role, avoiding learning anything, I think he means to abdicate and stay on until Britain is confident enough to stand on her two feet as a Republic. For Kate, it would be a devastating blow.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2015, 08:14:53 am »

There would have to be a huge public outcry for a republic from the people of Britain with organisations pushing for a republic signing up millions of members. This would result in a debate in Parliament followed by a referendum dealing with the future of the monarchy. Ain't happening.

As far as William is concerned, as a teenager he was reluctant to confront what was his destiny. As a man of over thirty I think he is over that and that he is a future sovereign.

That doesn't mean he's ecstatic about it. He's distinctly unenthusiastic about performing royal duties, as we know. That doesn't mean though that he wants to give royal life away. There's no sign of it, he's never spoken in public about any wish to remove himself from the succession, nor have there been any rumours that he's said in private that he wants to do that.

I would say that there are a large number of the population in the UK that could not care less about the RF. That is quite a dangerous situation because it means that they are losing their relevance. I have seen this over the years.

There was a increased interest when Diana married Charles and then after her death the popularity of the RF fell to an all time low. Their popularity and relevance is fragile and sometimes hangs by a thread.  Sooner or later there will be a crisis in the RF. I don't see this happening in the Queen lifetime but I cannot see Charles commanding the same respect at QE. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:17:48 am by Freya » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2015, 08:17:03 am »

I think Andrew has just stepped over that line.

As for William not wanting the throne, he has no business staying in the line of succession if he doesn't want the throne. Step out, let Harry get trained, then bail out.

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2015, 08:20:37 am »

^
I agree. The Prince Andrew allegations could be very damaging. Notice that Charles seems to be distancing himself. He is still in Scotland.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2015, 08:23:59 am »

Diana prepared him for being the future king. She wanted it. Does William disregard it?  eating cookies

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2015, 08:35:27 am »

I think William's anti-mommy issues might be in fact fueling his recent self-sabotage.

^
I agree. The Prince Andrew allegations could be very damaging. Notice that Charles seems to be distancing himself. He is still in Scotland.

I think that Andrew has just done something that will end up creating a gaping hole in the ship of monarchy.

If he continues to reject the summons of the US court, he'll start doing more damage to US/UK relations. Imagine a government official refusing to entertain a visiting royal due to the fact that a family member refuses to cooperate with US court summons. It would happen since no US politician wants to end up doing any damage to their image by being seen as being associated with someone who is related to a person who is refusing to follow US law.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2015, 10:49:08 am »

^

Actually, no. Charles was reportedly 'all smiles' yesterday as he inspected a Nissan car factory (electric cars) and a global training centre as part of a youth initiative in Sunderland. Today he was at the Institute of Jainology in Hertfordshire.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2015, 10:57:12 am »

Distancing can be a part of their (RF) plan. Charles' smile obviously was only PR.

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2015, 11:22:57 am »

^
Exactly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: