Royal Gossip
June 29, 2017, 01:36:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William refuses the throne?  (Read 7648 times)
kolkomilko
Duchess

« on: November 01, 2014, 11:46:43 am »

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2014/globe-kate-middleton-prince-william-love-story-queen-elizabeth-heartbroken-refuses-king-throne-photo/

I know this is not official but if it is true I wonder why Willy would do it? His mother always prepared him to be a king one day, she wanted him to be king instead of his father. Willy know it, so he is totally brainwashed by the Midds?
Perhaps HM spoke with the lazy duo about they lives nowadays and he didn't like it.

Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 01:12:33 pm »

I think I'll wait on confirmation wether it's true or tabloid gossip to comment further, but ever since he was a little boy he's been iffy about being King and about attention on himself, that and he really has been just completely consumed by all this "wanting to be normal" speel, they both have. Honestly, everyone's better off if its true.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 01:48:10 pm »

It's CDL that site is just for a good laugh they take stories from other places and add some snarky remarks then BAM an article. So far it's just tabloid talk. William doesn't have the gonads to step down

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 02:08:17 pm »

This is a riduculous story because William's can't just decide to give up the throne. He could inform the government that he doesn't want the throne and the government can then decide whether or not to procede with a bill that will remove William from the line of succession. The parliament will then get to vote on it and only if the majority votes in favor, William is out.

And William could do this for himself, but not for his son. After his is removed from the line of succession, all children born after that moment are not in line for the throne, but the ones born before that moment are in line for the throne and will remain so unless the government and parliament decide otherwise.
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 06:09:54 pm »

He could inform the government that he doesn't want the throne and the government can then decide whether or not to procede with a bill that will remove William from the line of succession. The parliament will then get to vote on it and only if the majority votes in favor, William is out.

Was there  such a vote when Edward abdicated - I didn't think so but could be wrong?
Kit
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 08:10:02 pm »

Perhaps this is Carole's plan.

If Wm walks away from the throne in roughly 20 years then she will likely live to see a Middleton King.

I suspect one of the reasons Waity and Wm are falling apart these days is because Carole is fully focused on her pride and joy, George. 

Carole's dreams really won't become realized until George becomes King. 
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 09:29:38 pm »

If George turns out better than his breeding and the way he was raised then I would say yes he might see kingship. I don't see that happening, he doesn't look smart enoughwhich means he's going to be just like his parents. You can tell wether a baby is bright even at this age, a certain brightness and awareness in their expressions and I don't see that in him, he's average at best, so unless he goes above and beyond as far is his character goes and diverges from how he will be raised and his genetic predisposition. I doubt he'll see kingship, people won't have him. I also think that by then the BRF would've become redundant anyone and deposed in another way.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:31:48 pm by Mandosiel » Logged
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 09:52:17 pm »

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--EY9pY_pV--/kycbbnn5fkr7prarpttm.jpg
BG is not popular-like AT ALL.
Wimpo is complaining about him constantly, no reports about him being able to talk.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 10:08:01 pm »

Perhaps this is Carole's plan.

If Wm walks away from the throne in roughly 20 years then she will likely live to see a Middleton King.

I suspect one of the reasons Waity and Wm are falling apart these days is because Carole is fully focused on her pride and joy, George. 

Carole's dreams really won't become realized until George becomes King. 

Yes, dream on ma, dream on.  Many will make sure that does not happen.  Many have the truth and know his parentage, and that cannot be altered, you can´t buy everyone off, especially in this day and age, no way.  If he was born to a surrogate then the rf know, 100% and ma´s machinations will have got her nowhere.  Nice try, shame she didn´´t think it out a bit better,
Val
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 10:32:16 pm »

^^
^

You are right Stephanie and GB.  Ma certainly didn't think out the implications in her desperate rush to create a child as damage control for nudigate.  Willy standing on the Lindo steps saying 'we have only just met him' says it all.   From being the 'golden boy' Willy's reputation is in tatters due to his lies and behaviour.   He should refuse the throne and lead the 'normal' life he craves but we all know he likes the riches, priviledges and fawning too much, he really doesn't know what normal means.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 01:25:00 am »

with regards to the topic of the thread - William has refused the throne - first of all - the throne ain't at this moment available and if it was he is not the one who would get it

second - that site has told us 1) the Queen wants to bypass Charles for William - yeah that's true right

2) Camilla wants to divorce Charles and wants a 75 million settlement - yeah - that true right also

there is to put it mildly a certain credibility gap with that site -

I don't think there is much chance he'd give up  the throne anyway - I think he likes his position and the deference and certainly the perks William as common citizen would not be a happy man at all - despite what he claims

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 07:47:25 am »

He could inform the government that he doesn't want the throne and the government can then decide whether or not to procede with a bill that will remove William from the line of succession. The parliament will then get to vote on it and only if the majority votes in favor, William is out.

Was there  such a vote when Edward abdicated - I didn't think so but could be wrong?

The day after Edward abdicated, his move was legitimated by a special Act of Parliament: His Majesty's Declaration of Abdication Act 1936. Furthermore, all parliaments of the British Commonwealth had to agree with the act and duly did so. Some came back from recess (it was shortly before Christmas).

So yes, there was a vote on the Act.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 08:05:41 am »

it won't happen because it would open the door for serious discussions about getting rid of the monarchy throughout the entire commonwealth (those that still retain the monarch) and his family and the government would not let that happen.

they won't let him do it - he won't do it - for all of his moaning and groaning - he would never give it up to Harry - never.  He also is not about to give it up and then have to watch his son become King - that is never going to happen.  Remember - he cannot abdicate on behalf of his son.  His ego would not allow him to give it up and then sit back and watch someone else get it - and maybe even watch something like Harry be declared regent or have his son put under state guardianship.  He absolutely could never tolerate the loss of status.

And also - if he did - in some insane otherworld - give it up - it is unlikely he could swan around England.  He would probably be encouraged to leave and live someplace else.    Also he'd lose some element of control over his kids - how can a man who refused the kingship raise the future King?

Then there is money - granted he has his trust fund which I think also incudes some money from his great grandmother but he would lose all the income from the Duchy that is his when he becomes PoW - he would find living off of his trust fund - and no longer getting the houses from grandma - a bit too pinched a lifestyle.  It won't happen.

The monarchy is tied into the entire UK power structure - it is not some stand alone thing.  Anything that threatens the monarchy threatens that power structure. And then throw in the relationship with the US - this is very serious power issues here - they will not let a spoiled petulant man child disrupt and threaten all that.   
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 08:18:51 am »

He's already disrupting and threatening that with his current behavior, not to mention that if she I shall not name. They might not give it up but the way they're having is making people question the necessity of a BRF at all. In the moment for transparency within the government, Wimpo and the rest of the royals are so shady a vampire could live comfortably in the shadow they dwell under.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:20:52 am by Mandosiel » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 09:03:54 am »

I think William is more likely to be committed to an asylum rather than abdicate. If he keeps his current behavior up, he will be come Hades or high water.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 09:35:07 am »

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--EY9pY_pV--/kycbbnn5fkr7prarpttm.jpg
BG is not popular-like AT ALL.
Wimpo is complaining about him constantly, no reports about him being able to talk.

Oh yeah, a real "bonded, loving" family alright.  They both look teed off with him and sprog looks as thought he wants put down to run off and do his own thing.  I note the usual clenched jaw from wimpo.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 12:31:57 pm »

it won't happen because it would open the door for serious discussions about getting rid of the monarchy throughout the entire commonwealth (those that still retain the monarch) and his family and the government would not let that happen.

they won't let him do it - he won't do it - for all of his moaning and groaning - he would never give it up to Harry - never.  He also is not about to give it up and then have to watch his son become King - that is never going to happen.  Remember - he cannot abdicate on behalf of his son.  His ego would not allow him to give it up and then sit back and watch someone else get it - and maybe even watch something like Harry be declared regent or have his son put under state guardianship.  He absolutely could never tolerate the loss of status.

And also - if he did - in some insane otherworld - give it up - it is unlikely he could swan around England.  He would probably be encouraged to leave and live someplace else.    Also he'd lose some element of control over his kids - how can a man who refused the kingship raise the future King?

Then there is money - granted he has his trust fund which I think also incudes some money from his great grandmother but he would lose all the income from the Duchy that is his when he becomes PoW - he would find living off of his trust fund - and no longer getting the houses from grandma - a bit too pinched a lifestyle.  It won't happen.

The monarchy is tied into the entire UK power structure - it is not some stand alone thing.  Anything that threatens the monarchy threatens that power structure. And then throw in the relationship with the US - this is very serious power issues here - they will not let a spoiled petulant man child disrupt and threaten all that.   

I agree with the majority of what you say, Cate, but the British-US alliance has nothing to do with who becomes monarch or not. Commonwealth Yes, US No!
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 03:04:30 pm »

^^^^^^ CoH - Thank you for that  thankyou
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 03:44:03 pm »

I don´t in all honesty think that wimpo has much say in a lot of things, and if it is decreed he has to step down because of various aspects of his life, including wasty, surrogacy, laziness and his total unsuitability to be a king based on all of them, then it will be done, by whatever means necessary.  The monarchy will do anything to save themselves, one thing they definitely are is ruthless, and if wimpo is throwing it all down the pan for them then matters will be taken in hand.  HM does have people she is answerable to, as we all do, and it could well end up being taken out of her hands.  None of us has any inside knowledge as to what HM or TPTB will do, what route they might, or might not take. We can make assumptions, but that is as far as it goes.  The medds and wasty have done so much damage in such a small space of time, how much more do the royals want to take, how much more can they afford to take.  Unfortunately it is the days of the internet, loose tongues, hard times  -  money talks. The royals are no longer living secret lives behind palace walls, with the public doffing their cap and tugging their forelock, they no longer consider themselves "subjects", the public want more for their money, they work hard and their taxes keep the monarchy in the lavish and luxurious lifestyle they live  -  they most certainl do not want a future kind who lies about virtually everything these days and behaves in a very deceitful manner.  Think of all the lies the lazy duo have been caught out in for the last 12 months alone.  You couldn´t make it up it is that bad.  Palace pr put a story out and they are always found out.  The lives of the lazy duo are built on nothing but lies and deceit  -  do we want that for a future king, I think not. If the sprog was born to a surrogate, do we want a fake heir - again, a resounding no.  They are also pretty much stand alone, and the US is not in the equation on this particular subject, in the same way that the UK is not taken into account with American Presidential matters.

The lazy duo live a very luxurious and privileged lifestyle, funded completely by the taxpayer (including the Duchy of Cornwall, shoe money is also derived from the tax payer).  And what do we get in return.  Zilch more or less.  They are nothing but benefit scroungers of the highest order.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 06:51:03 pm »

Rosella - do you think the stability of the UK is not something the US has a stake in?  The US may not care WHO the monarch is but they darn sure will care if some idiot tries to undo the monarchy and destabilize the UK - so the US would have a very large stake in a stable Britain.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: