Royal Gossip
June 23, 2017, 06:05:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anmer Hall: The Private Palace  (Read 46976 times)
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 11:38:40 am »

re: Anmer Hall - it is a lovely home especially the interior courtyard but for a Georgian House - the windows are all uneven - they should all match instead of the higglety pigglety arrangment they have.  It is odd.

The Van Custems used to live there and Harry and Will stayed there as kids after their mother's death so it will be a comfortable memory for Will.

I don't tnhnk so - it is also one of the houses where PC and caminix carried on their affair
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:40:41 am by Snowdrop » Logged
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 11:46:18 am »

Charles opens Highgrove gardens to the public. Cannot see the public being able to visit Amner.

Anmer is on the Sandringham Estate which is open to the public 365 days a year.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sandringhamestate.co.uk%2Fvisiting-sandringham%2F&ei=0BMYVP-0JKme7AbtvoDYAg&usg=AFQjCNHwhHmpOs3P23JgsfgPtq-sS8kf0A 

Sandringham House is open daily until and including Sunday 2nd November 2014 EXCEPT for the period Saturday 26th July to Friday 1st August inclusive, re-opening on Saturday 2nd August. 

As for AH - the driveway has been re-routed and there has been extensive tree planting so the house can not be seen by the plebs
rainbow
courtier

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 11:48:20 am »

If AH is where chaz cheated, PW seems to have some sort of compulsion to recreate his childhood. The ring of doom etc. Strange and sad.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 12:17:40 pm »

Sandringham is open but Amner is not near Sandringham even though part of the Estate. It's a couple of miles away.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 11:35:39 am »

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/516107/Germaine-Greer-attack-on-Royals
Another PR stunt? wellduh
Germaine Greer claims the RF are responsible for the massive amounts of money wasted on KP and AH.
Sooo  Waitee is not responsible for painting KP purple nor can she be held responsible for the 2 kitchen thingy and the nanny living in the shed in AH.
Nor the orange roof.  The hideous beige at KP(PC was shocked about that), the halted planning of a granny flat for the Viper. The glass extension at AH.
All HM's fault after all. yeahright
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 11:39:57 am by Stephanie » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 10:36:09 pm »

You know, the more HM gets blamed, the more Charles and the rest of the RF/courtiers are going to *despise* her and make her life difficult.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
i used to be a monarchist
courtier

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 04:58:22 am »

How long until Carole is ensconced in Anmer Hall?  You KNOW she'll be living with Kate at one of the royal estates at the earliest opportunity.  Then will come the entertaining of the various Goldsmith family members.  Uncle Gary wasn't kidding.

One may observe a seething fury barely hidden in many a former council house inhabitant.  A fury with those higher in the system.  Anger, possibly understandable, with the system itself.  I honestly feel this is what has fuelled CM's determined assault, dragging (number one) herself, and secondly, her dependents, out of the muck of her family's previous level.

It's amazing, what she has achieved.  Make no mistake, KM was just one part of the arsenal.  Everyone focusses on KM but the one to really watch carefully is her mother.  It's ALL about CM.

It makes me so sad, this tainting of the monarchy, because the Middletons are mortally wounding the concept.  I truly believe it will be over within a generation.  Perhaps its time has come, though, and the Middletons' behaviour will just help sound the death knell a little earlier than was going to happen anyway.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 05:14:59 am »

^
When you think about it logically the monarchy is an archaic institution in this day and age. There will not be another monarch that has the same power and gravitas as the present Queen. I can see the wealth and importance eroding away over the next generations and the introduction of the Middleton's in places like Anmer will just speed up the process. 

Ed Milliband had already said that the Mansion Tax will have to be paid on royal houses like Anmer.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:21:39 am by Freya » Logged
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 05:07:59 pm »

^ Which just means more of our money being spent on that odious family
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 05:18:12 pm »

^
If the mansion tax is introduced (which I doubt) the Middleton's will have to pay on their house. It's only the official royal residences that will be exempt.
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 05:22:11 pm »

^ I'm aware of that but Amner Hall will incur bedroom tax as well of some of the other royal residences which we as taxpayers will end up footing the bill for
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 08:28:42 pm »

How long until Carole is ensconced in Anmer Hall?  You KNOW she'll be living with Kate at one of the royal estates at the earliest opportunity.  Then will come the entertaining of the various Goldsmith family members.  Uncle Gary wasn't kidding.

One may observe a seething fury barely hidden in many a former council house inhabitant.  A fury with those higher in the system.  Anger, possibly understandable, with the system itself.  I honestly feel this is what has fuelled CM's determined assault, dragging (number one) herself, and secondly, her dependents, out of the muck of her family's previous level.

It's amazing, what she has achieved.  Make no mistake, KM was just one part of the arsenal.  Everyone focusses on KM but the one to really watch carefully is her mother.  It's ALL about CM.

It makes me so sad, this tainting of the monarchy, because the Middletons are mortally wounding the concept.  I truly believe it will be over within a generation.  Perhaps its time has come, though, and the Middletons' behaviour will just help sound the death knell a little earlier than was going to happen anyway.

IF Waity is at AH, I seriously believe Ma and Pa are already there.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 06:23:04 am »

^ I'm aware of that but Amner Hall will incur bedroom tax as well of some of the other royal residences which we as taxpayers will end up footing the bill for

Isn't the bedroom tax on houses being rented by people who receive housing assistance? Not on privately owned homes?
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 12:22:12 pm »

^
Bedroom Tax is a current tax on the number of unused rooms in a council property. Mansion tax is a tax that is being mooted by the Labour party on high value properties. It's like surcharge on the council tax. The official royal residences would be exempt but the royals own property would incur this charge. KP would be exempt but Anmer would incur a charge.

It's hypothetical at the moment unless Labour win the next election. 
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 03:23:13 pm »

Isn't the bedroom tax on houses being rented by people who receive housing assistance? Not on privately owned homes?

Apologies meememe - I meant Mansion Tax
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 03:24:22 pm »

It's hypothetical at the moment unless Labour win the next election.  

Which is highly possible
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 10:34:26 pm »

If Carole is not already in Anmer nor in KP she won't be in the future.

Kate could be staying in Anmer having her parents over but instead she is at their home.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 12:15:38 am »

I think HM banned Carole and Co. from staying over there; it's WK's home, but it's HM's land that the palace is on. So HM has the final word.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 07:25:12 am »

I really don't think that HM would ban Kate from having her own parents stay at her own home - even if The Queen actually owns the home she gave it to William and Kate. The Queen doesn't tell her children who can and can't stay at, or live at, their homes and I really don't see her doing it with Kate and her parents either.

It seems clear to me that the Queen is satisfied with the way William and Kate are progressing - we may not be but the Queen is and she is the only one who really can do anything to change that situation.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 07:34:38 am »

If the Queen would be satisfied, the couple would have been present at the state banquet. The fact that they are not, is telling.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: