Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 02:41:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anmer Hall: The Private Palace  (Read 52647 times)
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« on: September 14, 2014, 08:08:14 am »

Check out the piece Marlene Koenig wrote about the activities of George and Mary in their first years of marriage. They were in the same position; heir to the heir.

And it is definitely a lot more than licking stamps...

http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.nl/2013/02/the-duchess-of-york-and-her-duties-in.html

BTW it is kind of sad that the fans of kate like meememe (aka Kate herself who is all about me, me, me) feel the need to put down born royals in order to defend the work ethics (or more, the absence of) of Lazy Katy.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 12:40:57 pm »

I am not a Kate fan.

I am a person who looks at all sides of the issues and gives credit where credit is due and criticism elsewhere.

My quote about what George V did while in William's position comes from his official biographer who said he had trouble writing anything about those years at all because all he did was 'stick in stamps and shoot things' - his words not mine.

I do not put down 'born royals' - I happen to be a fan of some of them but not all.

I have little time for William but do think his position isn't as cut and dried as some people think it is as he is 2nd in line but not the heir and not the child of the monarch and so is a bit of a no man's land.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 12:53:22 pm »

I read the official biography of George and he did a lot more than spend time with stamps and shoot things. He was a working royal.

William being in "no man's land" is not an excuse for him not to help out his dad and grandparents and step up royal duties. It seems selfish to me that he's playing at being normal and indulging his whims of being a copter pilot (he did say he "missed" flying). He has charities he's supposed to be helping but concentrates on the "fun ones" involving watching sports.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 12:59:28 pm »

William does not want the role. If he did he would be doing a lot more than he is now. I think that if there was a referendum on whether the UK should become a republic he would not care if the vote came out in favour of abolishing the monarchy. It would be a way out for him.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 01:03:34 pm »

He had his chance and blew it; time for him to stop wanting only fun and start doing his part. He has to accept that whatever potential he had was squandered on foolishness and he failed to develop it. So too bad and too late for him; time to get to work and stop whining about meeting and greeting people.

I am not a Kate fan.

I am a person who looks at all sides of the issues and gives credit where credit is due and criticism elsewhere.

My quote about what George V did while in William's position comes from his official biographer who said he had trouble writing anything about those years at all because all he did was 'stick in stamps and shoot things' - his words not mine.

I do not put down 'born royals' - I happen to be a fan of some of them but not all.

I have little time for William but do think his position isn't as cut and dried as some people think it is as he is 2nd in line but not the heir and not the child of the monarch and so is a bit of a no man's land.

Even when Charles was Heir, he did appearances starting at a young age and did his part by creating and building the Prince's Trust; Charles was doing regular appearances at an age when William was in school and shielded from the media in a way that Charles could only dream of.

IF he and Kate were living a real domestic life, okay, but they weren't during the time when they were newlyweds and were scheduled to start appearances in 2013, but they've deliberately shirked it. Kate ran off to London and had no business ignoring her husband, but she did and William let her get away with it.

He had his chance in 2011-2012, but blew it on tropical islands and several royal tours.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 06:01:25 pm »

it is one gorgeous home though and it looks like there is plenty to keep you busy and lots of friends in the vicinity.  I bet Kate would be quite content.

And consider that PC and Diana had a country home - Highgrove - further away from London too if I am not mistaken.  Yet they managed to do their job and PC still manages to do it.  And of the film of young Harry and Will is  any example - it was a fine place to raise the boys.
Remember Diana saying that when in the City the boys were like caged animals?

So why was it okay for Di and Charles to have a country home and yet for Will and Kate it is a sign of the apocalypse?

Becasue kate can't function unless she is within a few minutes of a beauty parlour or Ken High Street/Knightsbridge
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 06:03:57 pm »

BTW it is kind of sad that the fans of kate like meememe (aka Kate herself who is all about me, me, me) feel the need to put down born royals in order to defend the work ethics (or more, the absence of) of Lazy Katy.

goodpost

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 06:12:57 pm »

Charles opens Highgrove gardens to the public. Cannot see the public being able to visit Amner.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 06:19:16 pm »

Thanks for posting about Queen Mary, Countess.
Her marriage sounds like it was give and take.
Social person too given their frequent visits and entertaining.
I give Wimpo one year before he is at war with the Turnip Toffs, Waity will see to that. nervous
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 07:06:58 pm »

You're welcome.

What makes the article and comments of the blogger even more interesting is that Marlene Koenig is an expert in royal matters, she has written a book about all descendants of Queen Victoria and she is kind of close to several Balkan royals (mostly teh Rumanian King and his eldest daughter, but also Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia).
She is always rather positive about the royals so when I read her comments regarding the work ethics of Kate, I was surprised.

At the same time I couldn't help wondering if her comments about Kate are not a reflection of some insider royal news she has heard (a royal annoyance with her absent work ethics).
sandy
Princess

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 04:53:14 pm »

I am not a Kate fan.

I read authorized biographies of George and Queen Mary and he did a lot more than spend time with his stamps and shoot things.

George was not supposed to be King=--his elder brother died and George left the military service and married Mary of Teck.

I think it's trying to bolster Kate and Will by panning their predecessors. Sorry does not work as far as I'm concerned.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 05:07:59 pm »

This is another reason I dislike William; if my ancestors were trashed to build up someone I'm engaged to, it should be a warning sign right there. Same with his friends and family. If I were William and Kate had mouthed off about my family, I would have kicked her arse to the curb and ordered her to stay out of my life. No matter the personal feelings at times, family is family. Or if the press bashed my childhood friends I would ask if whether or not there was some kind of smear campaign.

While we may diss William for his idleness, I wonder if William made some kind of bargain with HM to get some more time in to stabilize his wife and make sure his wife is sane, then he will assume duties. Or he wants to make a break with the Middletons and can't do that living in London. Or HM told him to get his marriage under control.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 05:35:44 pm »

I don't think William is doing this for any noble cause. He's just plain lazy and avoiding full time royal duties. Kate is a symptom of his laziness and bad attitude. william is badly in need of stabilization himself and is ill equipped to try to "stabilize" his wife. The Queen needs to just give the two idlers more work.
annecros
courtier

What I am is what I am are what you are or what?

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 05:41:39 pm »

What do any of these posts have to do with "Anmer Hall: The Private Palace."huhhuh??

I was thinking along the lines of drawing parralells between Anmer Hall, Balmoral, Frogmore, York Cottage, Sandringham, Bagshot Park etc.

You know all those other private homes in the country, that the royals have retreated to over the centuries, that belonged to a royal in waiting before they were ruling.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 08:03:16 pm »

^ Because this is the second thread about the topic and the last posts from the other thread were a bit off topic. I hope the title is ok?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 08:08:41 pm »

Just perfect.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 12:49:21 am »

re: Anmer Hall - it is a lovely home especially the interior courtyard but for a Georgian House - the windows are all uneven - they should all match instead of the higglety pigglety arrangment they have.  It is odd.

The Van Custems used to live there and Harry and Will stayed there as kids after their mother's death so it will be a comfortable memory for Will.

Of course I'd love a house like that  easter-lol

I do agree though that Kate is a symptom of Will and any woman he would be with would be like Kate.  But I also can see that he has issues from both the nature of his childhood and the role he was born into.  He isn't the spontaneous risk taking sort of person Harry is - I suspect he thinks things through so much he ends up paralyzing himself.
starsailor
Countess

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 02:12:58 am »

Wasn't AH the place where Charles cheated on Diana? I wouldn't like to live there if I were Willy Boy. Nice memories...
As for Waity, we already know that she can't live without shopping and the beauty salons. She would be very lonely and bored at AH.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:16:30 am by starsailor » Logged
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 02:16:15 am »

Yes the Van Custems used to let Charles and Camilla hook up there -  or so it is said.  what odd people these royals are.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 09:53:44 am »

Charles opens Highgrove gardens to the public. Cannot see the public being able to visit Amner.

Anmer is on the Sandringham Estate which is open to the public 365 days a year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: