Royal Gossip
November 20, 2018, 12:44:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marriage Is Not An Absolute Right  (Read 1526 times)
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« on: January 22, 2011, 04:56:56 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110122/ap_on_re_eu/eu_vatican_marriage

I have not been a practicing Roman Catholic since I graduated from highschool. Yet I think my religious upbringing gave me a solid foundation and spiritual fortitude. And I have to agree with Pope Benedict XVI on this one. Too many people look at marriage as something to walk away from if it doesn't work, like a failed business venture. However, the costs of spiritual bankruptcy are far greater than a material bankruptcy, imo. ... 

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 05:04:15 pm »

Tell me about it. I sometimes wonder how on earth people marry and divorce all the time, multiple times.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 11:09:28 pm »

I agree, KF.  Marriage is not like an item of clothing that can be discarded easily.  I don't get how people can divorce multiple times either. 

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
Raisie
Countess

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:21:16 pm »

laugh
Sorry i can't agree more is just that remind me of an uncle i have  tehe he is so pathetic,now i forgot the number of times he got marry and divorce.

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 07:30:33 pm »

I believe that two people can be committed to each other for life without being married. Now I annoys me how people jump on the maariage wagon just to divorce some months later. It's pathetic...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 08:36:20 pm »

And some women treat marriage as some sort of inalienable right, that after a number of years a woman desrves a ring and the men around her owe her a decent lifestyle! Utterly disgusting really.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 09:01:26 pm »

^^^ I agree KF~marriage is sacred, imo, and all the "inalienable rights" people try to place upon the legal aspects of a marriage are not appropriate. No one is entitled to another's income or standard of living if they choose to sever the legal contract. I think there should be financial penalties for adulterers and other misdeeds that cause a marriage to fall apart, as when there is an economic inequality between the two, sometimes the one with the money thinks they can do whatever they want and they abuse the other. ... 

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 09:30:16 pm »

We should eliminate no-fault divorce and bring back faults. No one has problems talking about issues in marriage and I persoanlly think that divorce should be stigmatized with social diapproval if someone ends up being chronically married and divorced. And women had better prove they haev somehting substantial in their own right to offer, none of this "I just wnat to be a homemaker" nonsense, because women like that usually end up wanting a fabulous mansion, car, jewels as ingrediants to thier homemaking.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 10:34:00 pm »

I'm not married and I doubt I ever will (been single for the last three years and not complaining about it)
So frankly I couldn't care less about this mess of triple marriage and divorce thing, it doesn't concern me
Exactly because I don't want to get a divorce, I'll never marry!
Marriage and a wedding holds no glamour for me personally any more, doesn't mean I don't like to watch others get married I just don't need it for my own happiness any more.
I'm to down to earth to believe that a piece of paper is gonna change my life, the marriage ritual of 'forever together' has lost it's magic to me more then ten years ago!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 07:18:59 am »

No one is realistic about marriage these days, so many people (KM among others) reaching for the stars when they should be happy on earth. Then sometimes other people want MORE out of the other, or life in general than teh other person and then a huge mess develops.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: