Royal Gossip
September 24, 2017, 12:36:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013/2014 Archive THread  (Read 69800 times)
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #420 on: February 20, 2014, 03:07:06 pm »

interesting in that she does not feel obliged to keep her head covered -

Quite a lot of women don't in Morocco, especially not in the cities. I was amazed at that when I visited the country (which is really a must-see country...amazing history and culture and the nature of the Atlas Mountains is breathtaking!).
beline
courtier

« Reply #421 on: February 21, 2014, 10:30:36 pm »

The newlyweds had their first baby : a little Princess Zita Klara born today February 21.

http://www.royalty-online.nl/monarchie/bourbon/3174/dochter-voor-prins-jaime-en-prinses-viktria
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #422 on: February 22, 2014, 02:29:39 am »

Congrats to the new family.  Lovely to see the name Zita being brought back into use.  flower
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #423 on: March 02, 2014, 10:17:09 pm »

Sorry for the double post; I think GD Georgi is kind of a fraud though, since he isn't accepted by the rest of the Romanovs.

Did Grand Duchess Anastasia survive the Bolshevik bullets? Explosive new book claims fresh evidence shows the Russian princess really DID escape to the West

Veniamin Alekseyev says Grand Duchess Anastasia probably did escape
    Claims DNA testing in 1991 was flawed and bones found were not hers
    Says Tsarina and Anastasia's sisters Olga, Marie and Tatiana also got away
    Believes that impostor Anna Anderson was indeed telling the truth
    Tsar Nicholas II of Russia was executed on 17th July 1918 by Bolsheviks
    His son Alexei Nikolaevich also died along with family servants

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2571437/Explosive-new-book-claims-Princess-Anastasia-DID-escape-West.html#comments

I think Anna Anderson was not Anastasia, but it's likely that there might have been an escape. The Bolsheviks were not going to admit to failure, so of course they filed a report saying that all had been done as it should be. One of the grand duchesses were still alive in the truck; there might have been a small rescue, kept even from the Romanovs.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #424 on: March 02, 2014, 11:49:36 pm »

Anna Anderson was a fraud from the get go.  Her DNA was no match for Prince Phillip...and had she been related, they would have shared the same mitocondrial DNA since the Grand Duchess and Prince Phillip have maternal relatives in common.  

Prior to DNA testing, you had to take someone's word for it.  But even the Dowager Empress who met Franziska Schanzkowska, said that she was NOT Anastasia.  I'd have believed the grandmother before I'd have believed Franziska.  

All of the bodies were accounted for in the two gravestones of being the Imperial Royal Family, and servants that were executed with them.  Its probable that the girls may have been alive, due the gemstones sewn into their clothes, when the Bolsheviks placed them in the graves and lit their bodies on fire.  Reports also were given that both the Tsarina and her Husband, along with the Heir, were shot in the head, whereas the daughters weren't shot in the head.  However, that report was not true.  The daughters were also shot in the head....

This was my one of my favorite subjects growing up......and I believed in Franziska being the Grand Duchess.  What a romantic story, that one of red army soldiers was overcome with guilt and saved the beautiful duchess and her younger brother...and led them to Germany.   When news came that the bodies had been found of the Royal Family: Father, Mother, Olga, Tatiana, Anastasia, and the servants it finally gave closure to a horrific crime that had taken place.  From the get go: researchers were sure that Anastasia was one of the girls found:  Marie was missing along with the tsaravetch, Alexi.  The end up finding both of their bodies in a nearby gravesight, not far from where the other bodies were found.

I don't think that George is a legitmate heir since most of the direct heirs to the throne were killed shortly after the revolution.  

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 11:55:49 pm by RoyalWatcher » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #425 on: March 03, 2014, 12:01:01 am »

Georgi is part of the Vladimir line that has been pushing to take headship of the Imperial Family since day one. A bunch of rotten frauds, liars, and traitors since day one. Thing is, that I don't get why the Vladimir line still refuses to accept that the bones of the Imperial Family were OF the Imperial family. How much DNA testing has to be done?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #426 on: March 03, 2014, 06:31:40 pm »

The problem with the Russian succession is that there is no real legal heir anymore.

The Vladimir line is the eldest surviving line and as such, holds a higher claim. But the problem is two-fold;
1. The parents of Vladimir (the father of Maria and grandfather of George) were cousins; Kirill and Victoria Melita. And although the Tsar and many of his ancestors were in the habit of marrying close relatives, the Tsar refused to give his consent for this marriage. One of the reasons was most likely that Victoria Melita was fist married to Ernst Ludwig von Hessen und bei Rhein, the brother of Tsarina Alix (Victoria Melita was as such first married to a paternal cousin and after her divorce to a maternal cousin). Only several years after the marriage did the Tsar allow the couple to move back to Russia. But it was never quite clear if Kirill was every fully restored.
2. Is the problem with female inheritance; Tsar Paul so disliked his own mother Catherine the Great, that he issued a ruling that the Romanov throne can not be inherited by a woman and that a woman can not transfer her rights to a child.

The problem with the more junior lines is that all of them are morganatic and many were so even before 1918 (think Illyinski). And the men who would have been able to marry equal, were killed by the communists in 1918/ 1919.

If Kirill was indeed restored by the Tsar, as the Vladimir-line claims, Kirill was the rightfull heir to the headship since he was closest to the murdered Tsar and his younger brother Michael. If one would say that Kirill, and later his son, were Head of the House, Vladimir had the right to change the rules of succession, like many other Heads have done as well (like the Duke of Bavaria who de-morgantized many marriages of cousins).

If Kirill wasn't restored, Grandduke Dimitri was the rightfull heir based on his position in the family tree. If head, he could have changed the rules and decided that his marriage to Audrey Emery was legal and 'equal'. His descendants live in the US and are the so-called Ilyinsky line.

As for the not-believing of the truth of the DNA-testing, I think that the problem wasn't so much that they didn't believe the results of the DNA-testing but they wanted to entire family to be buried together and at the time Alexei and one of the sisters (most likely Olga or Tatiana) were missing. Also they didn't want to partake in the PR-show of the Kremlin politicians and personally I can't blame them for that.
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #427 on: March 04, 2014, 02:32:50 am »

IMO, it wasn't the family who was disputing the DNA results in as much as it was those who believed in the Anna Anderson fairytale.  Was reading back up on the DNA results, and one scientist made the comment that with the close ages between the two younger girls:  its almost impossible to determine if the first body found was Marie or Anastasia.  But DNA conclusively found that five children were there, along with the parents after the second grave site was discovered.

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #428 on: March 04, 2014, 06:09:10 pm »

You are correct. I looked it up in my old edition of the Dutch magazine Vorsten and the Vladimir-line was not present because the patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church refused to accept that the bones were indeed of the last Tsar and his family. And so he declared the beatification of the Tsar null and void (since it wasn't done by him but by a minor bishop).
And so the Vladimir-line decided to be a no-show as well. Which kind of makes sense considering the role religion and the Russian Orthodox Church always played for the House of Romanov.
HennyPenny
gossip insider

« Reply #429 on: September 23, 2014, 07:10:46 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2765383/What-really-like-18-year-old-royal-Inside-privileged-life-Princess-Olympia-Greece-fashion-s-newest-It-girl.html

I heard her mother was a title chaser and Olympia grandfather had to pay  hundreds of millions of dollars to get the Crown princess to marry her mother ... I know some people in this forum can shed light on this ...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:56:42 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #430 on: September 23, 2014, 08:06:45 pm »

Her mother was not the title chaser per se, all the family was. The three Miller sisters had a huge dowry (200 m dollars I believe) and the three made "good" marriages though only Marie Chantal is still married.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #431 on: September 26, 2014, 06:41:21 am »

Although elder sister Pia Miller married into the Getty-family, Christopher Getty comes from the impoverished line since his own father Jean Ronald Getty was as good as totally disinherited by his father J. Paul Getty out of spite against Jean Ronalds mother who had the tenacity to file for divorce herself, angering Paul Getty who took it out on his own son.

So Christopher Getty had the name, but he needed the Miller-money. And so did Alexander von Fürstenberg whose mother did pretty well for herself, making dresses that reveal the buttocks of our Waity Katy. But his father was disinherited by his own family for marrying a Jewish woman.

And the financial state of the Greek royals was very poorly and they were essentially kept afloat by some royal money from Denmark, Spain and the UK as well as 'donations' from wealthy shipowners like Niarchos and Livanos. So the Miller-money was more than welcome.

So essentially tax-free King Robert Miller bought husbands for his daughters. I think The Viper read up on his life and his social climbing wife (who was a manicure before her marriage) and decided right then and there that she would get well-connected and royal/ noble husbands for her own off-spring. Too bad for the Middleton's that they fortune isn't even close to the 200 M or so of the Miller-family.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #432 on: September 26, 2014, 07:19:02 am »

Oh irony; all these men from old families have fathers who married the wrong women, ended up disinherited, married rich climbers, but ended up divorced again. I believe that Pavlos is still married mainly because he is a prince and frankly, titles are harder to come by than impecunious scions of old monied families.

As for Maria Olympia, obviously she is being marketed by her own mother via the fashionable press.

As for the Middletons, the only reason they snagged William is because William was raised to think of himself as poor and I am certain the Windsorian spartan upbringing was indeed something that left him easily lured towards the flashy lifestyle and comforts. Throw in a mistress turned wife who wanted him out of the way, easy prey.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #433 on: September 27, 2014, 04:07:21 am »

disinherited because he married a jewish woman?  disgusting people

then a rich guy who punishes his own son?  disgusting again

As for Marie she is a worker - she helps support her Greek in laws with her children's clothing line - they are lucky they got her they'd be flat broke now otherwise.

But _ I have some doubts re: the wisdom of what is happening with Olympia - her mother let her dye her hair blonde when she was just 15 (I think) which seemed a bit young to me and has let her run wild with the sexy  designer clothes and provocative posing at much too young an age -

Not so sure also that a deposed monarchy is really "royaL" - they are not ruling anything -
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #434 on: September 28, 2014, 11:09:52 pm »

I like Marie Chantal too. She may have married him for the title but he married her for the money. Reminds of the film gentleman's prefer blondes when Monroe character defends wanting to marry money.

She created her own business and it works. She also has to deal with the gloomy ex royal greek family.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HennyPenny
gossip insider

« Reply #435 on: October 05, 2014, 10:27:14 pm »

Not so sure also that a deposed monarchy is really "royaL" - they are not ruling anything -
I totally agree.. King of Greece two youngest were born after he abdicated..
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #436 on: October 30, 2014, 06:10:48 pm »

Back in the public eye after 11 years in the shadows, the Japanese princess who became a recluse because of depression

Japan's Crown Princess is back in the public eye after 11 years as she continues to recover from a stress-related illness.

Princess Masako accompanied her husband, Crown Prince Naruhito, at an imperial banquet for visiting King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands.

It was her first appearance at an imperial banquet since she attended one for the Mexican president in October 2003 having lived largely as a recluse since then
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2814190/Back-public-eye-11-years-shadows-Japanese-princess-recluse-depression.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #437 on: October 30, 2014, 09:08:36 pm »

I dont believef she was forced but reports were that she rejected him a couple of times before and yes the Prince wanted only her...I always thought she wanted to marry him but needed to establish her career first...

I think her family pressured her and Japanese kids are conditioned to obey without question.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #438 on: October 30, 2014, 09:27:10 pm »

at least publically her husband has always supported her.  I suspect the pressure to have a son also may have contributed.  Wonder if she has serious post partum depression which just escalated?

So nice that she wore that orange suit to honor the Netherlands.  And her necklace at the banquet is a real beauty.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #439 on: October 30, 2014, 11:17:48 pm »

^ doubtful because the empress also had depression. We always talk about how different must be live with with courtiers and all those intrigues but really the real deal is the japan court.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: