Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 09:21:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013/2014 Archive THread  (Read 67888 times)
Mia
Baroness

« on: January 22, 2011, 01:01:15 pm »

HRH Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia announced yesterday his engagement with HSH Princess Sophie von Isenburg. They have been discretely dating for some years and some rumours the past few months said they may have ended their relationship, surprise!  tehe

The exact wedding date isn't known yet, but will happen later this year in Postdam, Germany, around the time of the celebrations of the 950th anniversary of the House of Hohenzollern.

For the ones who doesn't know him, he's the chief of German Imperial house, direct descendent of the last Kaiser. He's also a distant cousin of the Windsors (more info: http://www.preussen.de/en/heute.html). The princess has grown up in Hesse and has a degree in business administration. She is currently working in a consulting firm for nonprofit organizations in Berlin.

The official engagement picture

A royal wedding of a prince and a princess. This is news oooh

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 04:22:10 pm »

He had to marry equally as he is the head of the family because his uncles didn't do that. I hope that we will get a lot of photos.  celebration

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 04:41:55 pm »

I know, he had to do a dynastic marriage to not lose his place as the head of the House. But despite that, they always looked really cute together in the few pics I've seen from them. Georg seems like a really nice guy in the interviews I've from him... Glad he found his princess sigh

Yep, I hope we get alot of pictures too  celebration

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 05:06:02 pm »

He had to marry equally as he is the head of the family because his uncles didn't do that. I hope that we will get a lot of photos.  celebration

Good to see some royal houses have standards. I remember there's still a dispute about the legitiamte head of the House of Romanov because there have been 'unequal' marriages.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 09:48:49 pm »

another royal wedding!? Shocked WOW

congrats to them wed
I am glad we have no emperor anymore. He is nice and down to earth but I am a republican through and through -well, unless it comes to gossip tehe

The official homepage and announcement:
http://www.preussen.de/de/heute.html;jsessionid=EB66A5FD207A6BF104A87A6F596B1F1F
small picture
Der Chef des Hauses Hohenzollern, Georg Friedrich Prinz von Preussen, freut sich seine Verlobung mit Prinzessin Sophie von Isenburg bekannt zu geben.
It just says that they are happy to announce the engagement betweeen those two

a German article with a nice picture of them
http://www.bunte.de/royals/prinz-georg-friedrich-von-preussen-er-hat-sich-mit-seiner-sophie-verlobt_aid_22473.html

If you want to know more about her:  Sophie Prinzessin von Isenburg b. 7 Mar 1978
her parents: Franz Alexander Prinz von Isenburg   and    Christine Gräfin von Saurma

her siblings

* Alexander Wolfgang Prinz von Isenburg b. 16 Jun 1969
    * Katharina Prinzessin von Isenburg+ b. 21 Oct 1971
    * Isabelle Prinzessin von Isenburg+ b. 26 Apr 1973
    * Sophie *
    * Viktor Prinz von Isenburg b. 11 Apr 1979

Earl Grey
courtier

Last hope for the Windsors: Anne for Queen!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 11:38:15 am »

Wow. A really dynastic, royal-royal wedding. Spread the word! BFF2

Sometimes it takes a little child to say what we have all been thinking
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 04:26:22 pm »

A real nice change.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 09:58:21 pm »

Very nice looking couple !   Kiss  (Yes, NO evil looking eyes a la Waity !) Pure class. I wish them every happiness !  thumbsup
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 07:56:28 pm »

Quite a resemblance between Georg Friedrich and Lord Frederick Windsor

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
Earl Grey
courtier

Last hope for the Windsors: Anne for Queen!

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 07:01:58 pm »

Probably because they are related somewhere down the line.
If there is a positive aspect about Waity, it is that all the jokes about the BRF being a bunch of inbred Germans can be put in the dustbin of history.

Sometimes it takes a little child to say what we have all been thinking
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 06:27:02 pm »

Definately. With the fact that Diana was pure English and so is Kate, no more jokes about hte Windsors being nothing but Germans.

This is another reason the wedding between WIlliam and Kate is just as well, some nice forieng princess won't have to put up with being bashed because she has foreign lineage. No insults about her not being good enough, nothing like Prince Albert and Prince Philip had to go through in the press.

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 08:25:46 pm »

The press should ask why no British lady from noble background wants to be Princess  hall-whistle
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 11:49:25 pm »

Why everyone want to marry this year?  dontknow actually i have 2 friends that are marring this year  hiss i feel that my family is looking for me and saying it's about time!!!!  nervous I'm 25 but i'm not prepared not even have a bf!!!  wellduh

Well anyway, congratulations for them!!! i hope they live happy for many years, for all life if it's possible... Well but this something to be in front of all mazagines in World a mariage between a prince and a princess!! Congrats to germany!!!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 08:16:27 pm »

The press should ask why no British lady from noble background wants to be Princess  hall-whistle

Mainly because the Prince chose a tart.

That said, the prince and princess look like they'll be a fabulous couple.

Note how REAL royalty never looks like they are portrayed in the entertainment industry.

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 08:54:22 pm »

Very true.

Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Belgium are monarchies which I connect with Royal behaviour. (Okay, Belgium in the 60s and 70s with Paola and Albert and later Alberts other daughter is an other story, but I think more of the newer generation)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 09:06:29 pm »

Same here. Mathilde is a JEWEL of a Crown princess and mainly since she's not a tabloid spectacle. The most successful monarchies and the most secure are those that actually stay OUT of the jet set scene. I often think that Republican sentiments are those that come from a pizzed off population who *despise* seeing their country become a laughingstock.

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 09:12:42 pm »

Imagine the crown princely couple of Belgium would behave like the others + the unstable situation in Belgium =  oooh
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 04:16:45 am »

Oh dear God.

Vicki
royal watcher

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 07:30:45 pm »

And I've wondered whether or not this marriage was just for the convenience of producing an heir that met the strict laws of Russia's royal succession? ...

It's most likely. In the Eastern countries/royalties, they are brutally pragmatic about lineage and suitability and usually (I think) factor in romance after the practical things are worked out. 

Interestingly, the Romanovs view 'commoners' as those who are not royal, but have titles. For them, House Law is still important and I think that is how they've survived as long as they have despite the butchery of the revolution.

I don't think they view them as commoners. Its just that someone with the title of Countess wouldn't be equal.  It virtually has to be HRH Princess of .... (Prussia, Sweden, etc). and can't be too closely related, has to be Orthodox (conversion is acceptable) etc. Tough.....
Vicki
royal watcher

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 07:51:58 pm »

I thought I'd let those interested know that Georgiy isn't so much of a chunk these days. He's more of a hunk now.

And while on the topic of the Romanovs, I figured I'd add a synopsis about the House of Romanov parameters for elevating people in rank and nobility, as such explains why the elevation of Kate & Co. seems so wrong. The Middletons are neither civil servants nor have they served their country in times of war. One unsung hero in the family (Kate's grandfather) cannot be seen as justification for the family's newfound elevation. He was an UNSUNG HERO, which makes his newly declared sacrifices for his country suspect to sensationlism. If e was so important then, and known to Prince Philip, then why wasn't he, himself, elevated into the nobility?  Bestowing titles is supposed to signify more than social status and years of blind servicing of the needs of a future king. The British have got this ancient system *butt* backwards!  wellduh

Granting noble status is neither a trend nor anything new. Peter the Great created in 1722 the Table of Ranks, which opened the pathway to noble status to anyone from any social class—to any person who distinguished himself in military or civil service. Before the Revolution, being awarded noble status conveyed with it certain privileges. But after the abolition of serfdom in 1861, these privileges began to decrease or become entirely fictional. If the monarchy had not fallen in 1917, all of the privileges enjoyed by the nobility would likely have gone away. This can be seen in the monarchies that survive today. Grand Duchess Maria Wladimirovna has repeatedly said that there can be no question about the revival of these privileges, even if someday the monarchy in Russia should be restored. In the modern world, the nobility is not a privileged class, but rather a state of mind. The nobility remains a living corporate entity and includes some of the best representatives of society. The only historically valid source for awarding noble status is the legitimate head of a historic Imperial or Royal dynasty. In Russia, there are very few instances of awarding noble status at the present time—literally, just a handful of instances. But according to the historical statutes of the several Imperial Orders of knighthood, knights of the fourth, third, and second classes automatically receive personal noble status, which is extended also to the knights’ spouses; and knights of the first class receive hereditary noble status, which extends also to their children. As I already said, knights of the Imperial Orders are not only high-ranking persons, but also ordinary people. That is also the way it was in the Russian Empire, only then the number of awardees was far greater than now. Of course, one can as a rule bestow noble status only to people of commoner status, to people of worker or peasant backgrounds, because nobles already have noble status. One must understand, however, that noble status is not some pretty game but is, before anything else, a responsibility to the state and to society. And if someone offers to sell you a patent of nobility, a title, or the right to wear a medal—well, you should know that there are crooks everywhere. A bogus noble patent brings no one any honor. Just shame and ridicule.

Its very well known Russian nobility system was very, very exclusive. Read somewhere that taking into account the entire population and the nobility, it was the most exclusive  system in the world.
p.s. most of the Russian nobles were not even given a titl e or any particle, like von or de before the surname... you had to look in the book of nobility to see if someone was of noble birth and then address them as your high nobility etc. depending on the rank
When the revolution happened communists used these books  to identify nobles and they were either shot or sent to Siberian camps. That's why a lot of them had to run.....   

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: