Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 05:33:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana would be proud?  (Read 9504 times)
kolkomilko
Duchess

« on: July 11, 2014, 02:28:26 pm »

I think William and Harry would live a different life with Diana in their lives. I am interested in two thing:
- what life they would live and how with Diana?
- what would Diana say to their lives and what would she tell them now, if she could do?
What do you think?

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:41:23 pm »

It was said, when her sons were small that Diana hoped that they would not make the army, Air Force or navy their career. I believe James Hewitt once had a conversation with her about that, and she told him she wouldn't be able to bear it if her sons went off to war.

So, I'm sure that, although she must have known that Harry was army mad from the time he was small, she would have had mixed feelings if she had lived. I am sure she would have been proud of him but would have been extremely worried about him when he was in Afghanistan.

I think she would definitely have approved of William choosing air and sea search and rescue as a pilot. I think William's work ethic would have worried her, and if she could, I think she would speak to them about living their lives in the very best way possible and helping others.
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 04:53:27 pm »

Well for certain Harry would have never touched drugs and certainly wouldn't drink and smoke the way he did/does, she wouldn't have approved and I think he would've had no reason to get into that. I think he used/uses that as a to cover for something else as is often the case with people who get into one sort of addiction or another. He also seriously considered being a pro polo player before joining military so I think she might've encouraged that instead. Maybe guarded him from certain friends of his which she would've seen as obvious users/posers or bad influence. I honestly think he would've been a much healthier and happier guy all around.

William certainly wouldn't have ended up with Kate and his mother certainly wouldn't have allowed him to turn out as spoilt, self-involved, and indulgent as he currently is. Again, generally better and happier person. Probably with a wife he actually looks like he'd care more for than he's been looking with Kate and certainly better appearance.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 02:38:56 pm »

Diana knew her son  William quite well and I don't think she'd approve of his retreating from his royal heritage doing exactly what? Nobody knew how much or how little he did in SAR or how little or how much he will do in ambulance rescue. I think his shirking duties and his concentrating of fun things and the expensive vacations with little work would have bothered her a great deal.

I think she would have gotten him involved in charity work and not involving a lot of sports.

With Diana around Charles would not have been able to use his sons in the Camilla Campaign. And no way would the boys be there at Camilla's birthday party and there would be no "Diana's sons accept Camilla" headlines. Harry got access to the Highgrove liquor cabinet during Camilla's party for Charles in 1998.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 02:48:27 pm »

^
If Diana had still been around William would have gone to Oxford or Cambridge.
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 02:50:03 pm »

Cambridge I think, he doesn't seem to Oxford sort.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 02:54:22 pm »

It's possible that he may have chosen a Welsh University as they do a lot of geography courses but I doubt he would have gone to St Andrews.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 02:57:49 pm »

Diana would probably have encouraged him to attend an Ivy League University in the US (for a semester or two).
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 07:46:23 pm »

IMO if Diana had lived...I don't think either prince's would have a drinking problem, party till all hours of the night, would have a sense of duty, have a sense of what "charity" was really about IMO the two Prince's she gave birth to wouldn't be where they are today...One Lazy married to a social climber and the other a Drunken clown that just can't grow up....no Diana wouldn't be proud of her sons for the way they act...lazy (both of them) entitled to do what they want, and don't give a damn about the lower class people that help keep them in a position to go off and do whatever they want. JMO
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:48:13 pm by Nighthawk » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: