Royal Gossip
September 24, 2017, 04:56:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Letizia Fashion Thread I  (Read 6911 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« on: July 06, 2014, 02:13:04 pm »

Post articles on and discuss Queen Letizia's fashion here.  Thank you! 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 02:28:51 pm »

Yay!!!! thankyou

so here's an article to start this off

Conservative Kate vs. Lavish Letizia: Who wins the battle of the royal bling?

Says Queen Letizia boldly embraces colourful jewels confidently
    Kate is modest English Rose with more traditional style than adventurous counterpart

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2677624/Conservative-Kate-vs-Lavish-Letizia-Gem-hunter-reveals-stark-difference-two-royals-jewellery-choices.html#ixzz36h5oVdCW

July 3, 2014
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010030181D14043994791172237

the shoes threw off the whole outfit for me...the capri's are cute I liked the color...she ruined this look with the shoes IMO

July 4, 2014
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/07/queen-letizia.html

I didn't care for this look myself

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 09:27:56 pm »

oh yes - the shoes throw that look off totally - but I did like the nice sunny color and the capri's with the jacket.  One case where wedges might have been better.

I like the white jacket with the navy slacks - especially how the jacket has shorter sleeves.  Her clothes are well made as opposed to some things Kate wears which despite their designer labels seem to be poorly made.  I think she demonstrates that you can wear a pant suit and look professional and regal.

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 02:36:28 pm »

A right royal style icon! Queen Letizia is glamorous in silver as she meets the Portuguese First Lady in Lisbon
    Queen Letizia was glamorous in silver as she arrived in Portugal
    Newly crowned Letizia was welcomed by First Lady Maria Cavaco Silva
    The royal couple are on their second overseas trip since the coronation
    King Felipe and Queen Letizia are also due to visit France and Morocco
There, the new Queen, immaculate as ever, was mobbed by adoring crowds - although even that failed to leave her looking less than lovely.

Now considered one of the world's most glamorous monarchs, Letizia is as famous for her dress sense as she is for her charity work.

The 41-year-old mother-of-two has carved out a name for herself as a royal style icon and even, on one memorable occasion, managed to outshine the ultra-glamorous Carla Bruni.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2683210/A-right-royal-style-icon-Queen-Letizia-glamorous-silver-meets-Portuguese-First-Lady-Lisbon.html#ixzz36srOpfvn

stop DM just  stop
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 05:29:18 pm »

You've got to hand it to the DM...when they have an obsession, they work it and their creativity knows no bounds!

Letizia, Arjan Robben, Kate...
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:36:12 pm »

Not overly keen on the outfit, and looks a bit tired and tense - not looking as though she has had much rest lately,  She still knocks spots off wasty though, and does know how to conduct herself and communicate with people, and thankfully she does not have that maniacal grin.  Not often Queen Letizia gets it wrong, but today sadly she did.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 12:05:20 am »

agree Ginger - I think it was that wrap around tie belt - just not right.  Color wasn't great either.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 10:03:43 am »

It is not a question, who wins. It is unambiguous: Letizia. She does not want to attract attention always, at any price.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 02:25:39 am »

King Felipe and Queen Letizia Visit the Air Force Basic Academy in Leon
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/07/king-felipe-and-queen-letizia-visit-air.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 10:23:05 am »

I get the feeling she is skinnier than she was on the day of the enthronement ceremony, especially her wrists.

The woman should come to my place for a few days and I would cook some good food for her to get some meat on those bones. She will look much better when she gains a few kilo's (even 10 wouldn't hurt her one bit).
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 11:25:38 am »

^^ Yes, Letizia is naturally petite but sometimes she looks like a porcelain doll. She is another one that could do with some decent meals. I used to think it was stress, the various things that were going on in the Spanish Royal House but I'm not so sure now.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 12:32:20 pm »

I think it is a combination of things. Surely stress has something to do with it and Letizia is naturally petite so she will look skinny sooner than someone with my bown-structure. But character also plays a role. Letizia is said to be a perfectionist and someone who wants to be in control. Now that are good characteristics for a modern business-woman, I don't think they go together well with a more old-fashioned role of that of Queen where everyone arranges things for you. So the only thing she can control is her eating (same with Kate by the way, but Kate is more insecure than a perfectionist) and I think that is what she does.

Perhaps the stress will get less now that she and her husband are in charge and settle down in their new roles (any new job can cause stress...including the new 'job' of Queen) and that is hopefully when she will start eating again.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 12:47:32 pm »

As Queen Consort she will continue of course to take a supporting role to her husband. Journalism is a vocational career. I wonder whether she misses the excitement of that life sometimes?
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 01:37:57 pm »

There is already a thread for discussing her thread http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/index.php/topic,3095.0.html Please keep this one mainly on the clothes.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 02:11:55 pm »

I think her style won't deviate in the future. She has a solid, elegant style and it fits for her.

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 10:03:13 am »

Fashion Queen Letizia boosts Spain’s crisis-hit clothing industry
EVER since her coronation, Queen Letizia has been turning heads – but she’s willing to share the attention with Spain’s fashion industry.
Spanish designers and clothing companies have the new queen to thank for a recent upsurge in attention to the country’s fashions, with the world’s press touting her as the ‘new royal style icon’ less than two weeks into her reign.
Letizia sports Spanish labels whenever she can, choosing both couture designers like Felipe Varela and high street brands like Zara, Mango and Uterqüe.
Her fashion choices are a welcome boost to Spain’s crisis-hit clothing industry and have also been drawing attention to catwalk events like Madrid Fashion Week, which has long languished behind London’s.
http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2014/07/13/fashion-queen-letizia-boosts-spains-crisis-hit-clothing-industry/
Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 04:27:40 am »

Thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: