Royal Gossip
May 26, 2017, 01:01:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite place you've visited or a place you would like to visit?  (Read 4685 times)
HC
Countess

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 05:37:33 pm »

One of my familymembers has recently been to Scotland. Such a wonderfull and tidy country.

I myself have been to London. I experienced it as the center of the universe  loveshower A real city where everyone and everything can happen. And such a clean and tidy city.  loveshower
Grand Duchess Ayla

Give my love to all who remember me.

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 04:56:29 am »

I would like to visit France, Russia, England and Portugal
Tessofthemiddletons
royal watcher

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 05:12:57 pm »

I live in the UK. My most favourite place on this earth (and I am fairly well travelled) is Lake Vyrnwry in Wales. A truly beautiful place to visit.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2016, 05:52:55 pm »

This one's hard.  I've been so blessed to be able to travel far and wide through my work and via many true friends on planet Earth.  But, if it was my last day on earth, and I had to choose one place to be (with my children, of course), it's a toss-up.  So, I'd flip a coin for either a genuine french bakery or cafe sit-in (dam# the diet!) or to float in the endless orchid pool in Maui, Hawaii (what a view).

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fredericka
royal watcher

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 05:05:05 pm »

I absolutely love Rarotonga, a small island in the Pacific.  Tahiti and Fiji seem to get all the rave reviews, so Rarotonga feels a bit like a hidden secret.  It's very small (if you hire a rental car you can drive around the perimeter of the mainland in less than an hour), but is pure paradise (if water sports and relaxing are your thing).

My second favourite place is Melbourne, Australia.  I love Melbourne because it feels very much like Wellington (New Zealand, where I live) but on a far greater scale, and with oodles more shops.

If terrorism wasn't so rife at the moment I'd love to go and explore Tuscany.  My husband and I always thought we'd go and live there for six months to a year in our retirement, but sadly with the world changing as it is I don't think that will ever eventuate.
lilaclavender
royal watcher

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 05:51:42 am »

Fredericka: Wow, that island sounds intriguing.

My favorite place I have visited was Prague. My mother's family is Czech, and father's is Danish, so I long wanted to visit these 2 places. I just adored my time in Prague and daytrips to spa towns, and want to go back someday.

I have long yearned to tour England. I had a trip booked years ago but it conflicted with an out-of-state move, and I cancelled :( I most want to visit the countryside areas. I have a thing for English comfort food : )
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 11:47:13 pm »

I would love to go back to Paris and Berlin.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 08:28:58 pm »

In England The Isle of Manx, Glastonbury Tor (King Arthyr's old stomping ground)... a wee bit north tehe and I will fnd myself in The North Shetland and North Orkney Islands and visiting the Old Norse sites... gosh, when it comes to the UK there really isn't a place I would NOT like to visit.... on the macabre side (tastefully) making a photographic tour of ancient graveyards would be interesting. Maybe even photographing ley line locations and haunted places would be different and much fun!  Yes, ghost hunting is right up my alley!!! Jajaja! tehe  It would undoubtedly provide the perfect weather for my favourite velvet cape and gloves ensemble!! Fab!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:34:10 pm by deGuernsey » Logged
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 08:50:00 pm »

bored3 And what about portugal?  sly

I came back from a week in Portugal a few days ago. It's somewhere I've always loved. Very nice people there, too. I frequently go to Dublin, Edinburgh, Berlin for long weekends. I miss Cyprus and especially Hong Kong. Living in those places was a privilege, and I've lived in lots of places. Somewhere I'd love to go that I haven't been to is to China, especially to see the Terracotta Army. I also love Cumbria, and have a (very small) cottage there that I escape to whenever possible. 
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2016, 09:28:55 pm »

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get2/I0000QZdPr9kTHMY/fit=1000x750/Electric-Sky.jpg

Here's a cool place that many of you may never have heard about but may want to visit some time.  It's near where I am when I'm in Michigan and I have to say that the sky this summer/fall has put on quite a show this year.  Right around the corner from this light house is where I grew up.  It's in a place called Eagle Harbor, Michigan.   Sometimes, our own back yard is a place of wonder and I need to remind myself of that when I get wanderlust.  That body of water is Lake Superior and across it is Canada. 

Nice.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Val
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2016, 10:26:33 pm »

^

Just stunning.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 09:44:06 pm »

I have many favorite places, it's really not about the beauty of the place, but the memories you've made and the feeling that place left you with. To me such place is Amalfi coast and contrary to all - my fondest memories are from the traffic jams: endless breathtaking views, and if you calculate your time right -you'll end up with the sunset on you way from Positano to Amalfi. Besides - I love eating lemons and theirs are just tasty.
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 05:43:35 pm »

Walk along the coast of Mombasa, drink the Turkish cafe in a cafe in Saudi, boat fishing in the River Teifei, ride wild horses in Algeria, swim in the icy waters of the Irish Sea wearing nothing but my shear black body stocking and  silver jewellery to shine under the moonlight ( tehe just for shyts and giggles tehe), I would also like to swim in the Scottish lochs hehehe, host vampyre hunting parties  whilst on horseback in Transylvania, Ajman.... all with my constant companion and my naked Scandinavian harpist playing my favourite melodies... or maybe he will be Scottish or Arab even. Those brunette beards are soooo good looking!!!  So many places to visit, so much to do... jajaja!!! laugh
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:51:30 pm by deGuernsey » Logged
Dark_Destiny
royal watcher

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2016, 05:30:13 am »

I have been blessed to visit so many places around the world! My dad worked for an airline and we received special discounted tickets to travel. My favorite place so far has been Las Vegas, United States and Quebec, Canada. I love how every hotel on the LV strip is has a special theme and the hot temperature is what I like. My favorite hotels are the Venetian and the Bellagio. I'm not really a keen gambler but I love shopping in Las Vegas! It is literately a shoppers paradise. I've been to LV 3 times and in my last trip, there was a huge sale at Macy's and I bought hundreds of designer dresses at 90% off RRP. Canada was a real surprise for me. In Australia (where I am from) my impression of Canada was a place full of trees and mountain bears. But when I went to Quebec - WOW! I didn't expect to see so much culture and history. I genuinely cried when we had to leave. I wanted to stay longer in Quebec but we only had 2 days and we had to go to Montreal.

This year, I almost purchased a 2017 European tour at a travel expo that was in town. In the end, I decided to not to go even though I really wanted to. My friends were really disappointed with my decision and I feel bad for them because they really wanted us to go as a group. But I just have the feeling that the next time I go to Europe it will be when I get married. I have this vision of my future husband taking me to Paris for our honeymoon and then exploring the UK a little bit.  flirt I'm really looking forward to it.
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 01:44:10 pm »

^^^^^  Shocked wow Shocked.  I want a pet leopard. Does anyone know if they are legally kept as pets in UK?
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2017, 03:18:05 pm »

^ When I was a teenager I wanted to visit Japan and study martial arts but I think studying MMA in Ireland or London under Irish master is also a good idea. And I also wanted to recreate historical events on horseback in Scotland and UK but nowadays its called cosplay.... tehe I love the recreating of historical periods and events esp if it involves riding horses. A vampyre hunt on horseback in Romania is right up my alley! Jajaja! wouldn't that be a blast!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 07:54:30 pm »

^Romania is on my bucket list, too.  Staying in some creepy place would be amazing and it's a really beautiful part of the world.

deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 08:44:10 pm »

^ Yes, a creepy castle located near a heavily wooded area with a small village nearby where the local inhabitants will regal you with stories about vampyres and werewolves and long lost secrets about their ancestors. ... oh, gosh, that would be great!  Thee bihor mountains come to mind.... has anyone been to the puppet museum in Lux? Sounds interesting!  Ice hole fishing on Lake Malmo... sledging and herding reindeer with the Sami... there is just soooo much to do in this world! Isn't it great being alive right here, right now in 2017?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:48:56 pm by deGuernsey » Logged
HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 09:29:27 pm »

^^ Staying in a creepy place for a vacation! Something I don't hear often, or as positive advertisement/ attribute!  easter-lol
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2017, 09:58:19 pm »

^ and ^^^ It's fycking awesome!!!  tehe I definitely recommend!   laugh laugh laugh However, the one place I won't go is the hotel made famous by Jack Nicholson in The Shining! Uh, just no!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:00:15 pm by deGuernsey » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: