Royal Gossip
May 26, 2017, 02:36:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recipes!  (Read 15900 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2015, 11:42:37 am »

Hmmmm, sounds very nice, I love strawberry anything, just love the flavour.  Thanks for sharing, will have to give it a go.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2015, 02:12:45 am »

To USA ladies, why is pumpkin always canned over there?  I use fresh pumpkin and can't work out why the canned seems preferred in USA.  Different cultures interest me.

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2015, 03:05:55 am »

Fresh 'pie pumpkins' are widely available in the US in the fall, and some people use them, rather than canned pumpkin. I have always used canned, as that's what my mother did, and hers before her. I found an article that explains why, to some, canned is preferable. Interestingly, canned pumpkin is actually a butternut squash variant.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nadiaarumugam/2013/11/19/why-you-want-canned-pumpkin-for-a-better-pie-not-fresh/
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2015, 08:32:43 pm »

I'm getting addicted to the smitten kitchen blog http://smittenkitchen.com/ I love especially her baking posts. Everything I do from her looks awesome and tastes awesome though I don't use baking soda because it tastes strange to me.

I'm thinking of doing this next http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/07/blueberry-crumb-cake/

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fredericka
royal watcher

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2016, 05:21:57 pm »

I made a chicken, cashew nut and mango chutney pie for lunch today.  It was really delicious (if I say so myself!).  I used store-bought ready-made pastry, cooked shredded chicken (cold), a manufactured mango chutney (can't remember the brand), and unsalted cashews.  I layered everything - chicken, chutney, nuts, repeat - until I'd used all my ingredients, and then baked at 180C for 40 minutes.  We had it as cold leftovers for tea and it was just as delicious with a salad.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2016, 12:49:53 am »

^Yummy!  I'm stealing this one.  Thank you!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tessofthemiddletons
royal watcher

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2016, 08:31:52 pm »

I absolutely love to cook. I love to prepare my own food from humble beginnings. I would love to know what are the favourite Christmas recipes from all the gossipers from around the world?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: