Royal Gossip
October 23, 2017, 11:37:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Prince Charles becomes King Charles, will his kingdom leave him?  (Read 13923 times)
dianab
Countess

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2015, 04:15:02 am »

google: prince charles dementia.

He's told being in early stages. I read he acts that way, his giggling like a schoolgirl on occasion will be one of signs. I admit not being a expert in this matters. But the rumours are out there.

I read foreign newspapers have hinted this.

Anyway he doesnt looks healthy for some years now, IMO. Who knows?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:18:23 am by dianab » Logged
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2015, 05:54:34 am »

In what ways doesn't he look healthy?

He is fit, exercises regularly, eats sparingly but appropriately, doesn't drink or smoke.

Sometimes people point out that he can be red in the face - he has a condition called rosacea, as does Harry.

His fingers can be described as 'sausage like' but then Queen Mary noted that when he was born - so another issue often raised to say he isn't healthy but that he has had his entire life.

I suspect it is more wishful thinking from some people rather than serious knowledge.

The issue with the internet is that people can write lies all over the place and claim 'sources close to xxxx' and be believed but they are actually making it up.

As modern people we have to be much more discerning with our 'sources' than in the past as in the past reputable journalists would have real sources in the palaces etc whereas today anyone get set up a 'blog' or a 'forum' and post what they like. If enough people read them suddenly they are believed based on nothing at all.

There are a number of 'stories' such as the divorce rumours about William and Kate and this one about Charles' alleged illness that the only place I ever read them as originating are on this site (other sites I go to point to this as their source believing that people here are the ones with the connections in the palaces). Other sites view this site the exact opposite - as a purveying of lies and innuendo only rather than anything truthful.

Personally, I believe what I see with my own eyes - the last time I saw Charles in person was about 8 months ago on a visit to the UK and he seemed fine then. I have friends who saw him recently at an engagement and again no signs of anything unusual - nothing closely related to 'dementia'.

I have never heard Charles 'giggle like a schoolgirl' but know he has a keen, British, sense of humour that is often misunderstood in other parts of the world so he will chuckle at things that some other people don't find funny - happens to most people - we see something as 'funny' but no one else does or only some of the people do.

I just did a search for 'prince Charles dementia' and the sites that came up are things like: http://izzym.hubpages.com/hub/Prince-Charles-and-Alzheimers-Disease = a blogger This same author has an article 'Queen Elizabeth is Black' as well = not reliable in my opinion.

Next was this one: http://m24digital.com/en/2011/02/04/prince-charles-would-suffer-alzheimers-disease/ based on The Globe - hardly a reliable source (has been claiming since around 2010 that Camilla is demanding 300 million to divorce Charles, that The Queen is about to replace Charles with William as her heir - she can't as that power only rests with parliament - etc etc) Again not a reliable source. This was also from 2011 and again tries with the idea that William could succeed The Queen at the end as a result of Charles having dementia - which again would require legislation to remove Charles from the succession - which has to come from Charles himself.

The only other one that referred to Charles having dementia was this: http://www.answers.com/Q/Does_Prince_Charles_have_early_signs_of_dementia With no additional information at all - just a question and a 'not really' answer.

Foreign newspapers hint at many things, as do the British ones, but until their is confirmation is would be a 'no'. The British government wouldn't take the risk of having him as their representative and send him to the places they do on their behalf and that of The Queen if there were any issues. In the 1950s and 1960s foreign newspapers hinted that The Queen was pregnant approximately every month for a decade and a half - they were right twice.

None of the sites that suggest any thing is wrong with Charles are coming from reputable sites with proven connections but seem to be the 'if I say it often enough it will be regarded as true' category.

The other entries I came up with relate to Charles talking about the issue of dementia - not saying he has it but rather that the nation needs to address the issue.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2015, 08:55:17 am »

^ Prince Charles is due to attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) along with the Queen and Camilla, at Valletta in Malta from the 27th-29th November. It's an important gathering, and representatives from all the Commonwealth nations will be there. Charles wishes to be appointed Head of the Commonwealth. If he had early-onset dementia there is no way that he would be attending this.
india
Princess

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2015, 11:59:56 am »

I have a strong feeling this is an untrue rumor put out by The Wine In The Bag Swilling Viper to discredit PC and promote the spoiled petulant Duke of Dumb as the next king after HM.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2015, 09:59:28 pm »

I don't think Charles is unprepared; he's founded the Prince's Trust and involved himself and as for meddling with the succession, that is one thing that is the reason people think the BRF offed Diana. It was also the thing I think triggered the divorce and Diana being banished from royal circles.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2015, 12:14:48 am »

Charles has a controversial second wife that is not popular with everybody to put it mildly. IMO and he tends to meddle. He is not flawless but he has a work ethic. Another minus is his focusing more on Camilla than William and Harry. He should have gotten William working and putting conditions on him that no vacations unless he does a certain quota of royal work. I am not thrilled with the next monarch and the one after that.

Diana never really was out of royal circles, as mother of the heir to heir and the spare. She would always have been invited to events related to William and Harry and would co-parent with Prince Charles.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2015, 03:09:12 am »

I agree with you, Sandy. One of Chucky's biggest mistakes, other than not dumping Cams, was not focusing on his sons after Diana was killed. He could have done so much with them but no he wanted his mummy/nanny/mistress accepted at any cost.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2015, 05:11:23 am »

I don't think Charles is unprepared; he's founded the Prince's Trust and involved himself and as for meddling with the succession, that is one thing that is the reason people think the BRF offed Diana. It was also the thing I think triggered the divorce and Diana being banished from royal circles.
This comments says all:

rfyorke, Yorks UK, United Kingdom, 20 hours ago
It is profoundly disturbing to think that one day Charles will have even more influence over our judicial and political systems. His lack of a moral compass has proven him unfit to be king and/or defender of the Faith.

JohnFrum, UK, United Kingdom, 19 hours ago
He's an idiot.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3265742/Jimmy-Savile-Prince-Charles-close-friendship-sex-abuse-bishop-Peter-Ball.html#ixzz3o8Qe3JHJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2015, 08:17:38 am »

Yes, both PW and PH needed a lot of help. They had some very rough party years as young adults and it would have been nice to have someone to tell them "no" and make them find some direction in their lives. I also don't think they had a chance to grieve properly. PW especially likes to milk the "my mum is dead" to the press whenever he wants to be left alone (either another holiday or doesn't want to be photographed)... that should have been nipped in the bud... the press is always going to be part of his life unless he steps down and even then I think there will be some interest in him because of his family.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: