Royal Gossip
October 23, 2018, 03:21:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Curiosity Of Charles  (Read 353 times)
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« on: October 18, 2018, 03:11:44 pm »

Hypothetically speaking, if Charles had married Camilla first and later cheated with Diana who was miserable in her marriage to another man whom she divorced, and Charles subsequently married Diana, how would you all feel about that?

I really would love to hear others opinions, honest opinions that aren’t abusive to any party.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 04:22:48 pm »

I'm not able to wrap my head around this one because I don't think Charles and Diana would have ever turned to each other for an affair.   Their marriage was arranged because it was suitable, not because they were so in love. That's the only reason they got together in the first place -- although Diana hoped for stability with him because royals could never divorce which made him more attractive to her than she was to him. 

They did have a period of time where she was in love with him and he was attracted to her, but it was short lived because Camilla would not leave it alone and Camilla provided the emotional mothering so important to Charles.  Diana would never have provided that for him because she wanted a husband, so I don't think the reverse would have ever happened.  Just my opinion.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 09:38:18 pm »

^ agree with most of your post. but camilla part not so much charles himself wanted her in his life. and when he didnt want he, he slept with whom he pleased like janet jenkins in 1983 (very early in his marriage) and then 1991,  princess madeleine mother-in-law in circa 1987. camilla never got stop him to sleep with other women, if he was willing have relationship with diana he'll... it's something he's never genuinely wished... her bulimia and popularity also were issues that distance/angered him with someone he didnt wish have a personal relationship.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:44:08 pm by dianab » Logged
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 12:20:18 am »

I think Charles and Diana had nothing in common except the boys, I can’t see them getting together other than possibly a passing fling. I keep seeing comments on the DM alluding to Charles having another mistress, does anyone else think so?  eating cookies
dianab
Countess

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 01:14:46 am »

not surprising if true
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 04:36:10 pm »

Some great answers, and it really is a mind twister.

Problem is, most people, including me at first, think from the point of view of them knowing each other.

Try and think if they knew nothing about each other. 

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 04:55:16 pm »

Generally speaking, from what I've read, Charles didn't seem to have a great deal of sexual attraction towards Diana. There were hints that even early on in the marriage there wasn't a great deal of bedroom activity. And allure and that  spark is of course what you need for an affair.

As well, Charles seems to have preferred rather earthy women of about his own age, who flattered and built up his ego and often shared his country pursuits and interests. None of that seems to have been Diana's cup of tea.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:01:05 pm by Rosella » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 06:27:35 pm »

I think in his mind, Diana was a 'good girl' and therefore it would be improper to view her as a sexual being; Camilla was the 'bad girl' and therefore didn't see anything wrong with treating her badly (dithering, messing with her while she was married, inviting her to watching him pledge the rest of his life to another woman in high mass at St.Paul's, being publicly chivalrous for Diana while not lifting a finger for Camilla in regards to being open about his love and affection) and I'm sure it grated badly on Camilla. Charles is not a man who views women as fully fleshed out human beings. If Diana had been passive about his involvement with Camilla, Camilla would still be the sidepiece and relegated to the back of the congregation (as a member of the gentry, she wouldn't be front row at any social event) and Diana would be at the social forefront of any event. However much Diana acted out, as long as she was Princess of Wales, Diana was still officially the wife and considered respectable and treated accordingly by the wider world and society. It is clear to me that Charles was never serious about treating either woman well and I do believe that he enjoyed having a mistress to do the dirty stuff and a wife to bear him a set of heirs.

There is no way that Charles would have dropped Camilla for Diana after having a long and tawdry affair with her. Diana was higher rank and therefore in Charles' elitist eyes, a better person. In that set, the only thing that matters is status.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 06:33:49 pm »

I believe that if Chuck had married Cams back in the 70's, he still would have cheated; but with Diana? I'm of two minds with this one. She was so different from any of the other women he had affairs with that may have been an incentive to try to be with Diana and she was a beautiful woman and men like to be seen with a good looking woman. While Diana may have been flattered that the POW wanted her, she may have rebuffed him. I don't think any of the Windsors are capable of NOT cheating on their spouses.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 11:06:08 pm »

Charles had a married mistress named Kanga.

The only constant is change.
Val
Princess

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 07:29:35 am »

^

That ended in tragedy too.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 12:18:45 pm »

You know, no one who gets mixed up with that family ever comes to a good end, I really do believe that.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 12:07:10 am »

Diana and Charles' marriage was not arranged. Certainly Diana never got the memo that it was. They were both free to leave the relationship if either had been inclined up until the engagement . For CHarles this was one of three women he could have married: Amanda Knatchbull (who turned him down), Anna Wallace (he was said to have wanted her back after she broke up with him. Then there was LadY Diana who was besotted with him (and she said yes and the issue of the heirs would be solved).and yes, said she loved him. If she hadn't it might have been better and she could have enjoyed royal life and not cared if he ran to Camilla.

I think that if Charles married Camilla first he would have cheated and she probably would have too. She and her first husband did not practice fidelity even when they dated.

I think that once Camilla had the children, they would have gone their separate ways. But would be "civilized" about it and she would enjoy the bling and I do think she'd be lazy doing the minimum. I doubt an aristo woman like Diana would have been his mistress. She also did not travel in the same circles as Charles was a dozen years older.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 12:37:58 am »

With Diana, I think the issue is that she was in-equipped to handle the full fledged battery of attention that she was subjected to; I think it was very isolating and very confusing and she wasn't equipped to handle it. FEW women could handle it if they were fully grown and I do think the BRF used this to reel her in. She might have had Lady Fermoy telling her that she was hopelessly compromised and she would be ruined if Charles didn't propose; throw in also her romanticism and family ambition and she was going to be hooked no matter what. She didn't have many friends helping her figure things out and didn't have any real support.

dianab
Countess

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 04:11:44 pm »

the way as charles as diana described their courtship sure looks like a arrangement (she called him sir, they didnt see each other that often, he didnt touch her very much, he always talked about camilla and she never said to him her feelings about camilla and their closeness & many other things). and both of them were unsure during engagement months and hadnt courage to call it off. the whole thing was disaster waiting happens, all sings were there. i think diana in her 30s she wouldnt be attracted to prince charles like she was 19 (when had all a fantasy about him) nor him to her... he likes being the centre of attention, a beautiful woman in his side woud end up with his fatansy.

as for charles and camilla i think they got on better as lovers than husband and wife
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:15:23 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 04:21:17 pm »

Diana fell in love with him. An arrangement requires contracts and once these are signed they are obligated to marry.  Charles courted Diana the old fashioned way, they went out on dates, some with chaperones sometimes by themselves. Either one could have walked though once they got engaged and Diana moved into BP it got difficult to "move on."

I think Camilla had ambitions, she craved the perks of Being Princess of wales but disliked the work, she never worked or showed any inclination to before Charles hired Bolland to work with her. I don't think Camilla was satisfied seeing Diana get to be Princess of Wales. She undermined Diana every step of the way.

Diana was introduced to Camilla as the "safe" married friend of Charles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: