Royal Gossip
May 29, 2017, 10:34:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proclamation of King Felipe 18-19th June 2014  (Read 3505 times)
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 06:33:00 pm »

She should be dressed a lot more conservatively, lower hemline and so should the little princesses, bluntly put.

Her hemline is well below the knee, just as low as that of Queen Sofia. How much conservative do you need?

As for 9-5 Queen, Queen Maxima only has had one after-5 royal function these two weeks; attending the football game against Australia yesterday. So I guess that in your point of view, Queen Maxima is a 9-5 Queen as well.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 08:28:37 pm »

simple ceremony done with much dignity - very good.  They look like a very loving and close family - the girls were so well behaved although looked a bit awed by all the attention.

Reflects well on the Spanish nation -
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 09:11:08 pm »

Mrs Plastic face got what she wanted. Careful what you wish for, they say. Enjoy it while you can, Letizia. You still don't know what you signed yourself up for.

Aquitaine
Baroness

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 10:01:11 pm »

Forgive my ignorance but is being sworn-in the same as being crowned? Will there be a coronation at a later date or is this the only ceremony that will take place? Thank you!

I think the Infantas look absolutely adorable no matter what they wear aww - I'll have to watch a video before I pass judgement on their behaviour though, but they're both still very young - I'm sure they'll learn as they get older.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2014, 03:21:30 am »

No, this is it; because of economy and the trend of a 'streamlined' monarchy that eschews the genuine grandeur of a genuinely regal coronation. Of course, considering her past I think it's just as well really.

Mrs Plastic face got what she wanted. Careful what you wish for, they say. Enjoy it while you can, Letizia. You still don't know what you signed yourself up for.

Any bets that she's going to fail at being there for her husband? The monarchy is in a fragile state and certainly, she should (better) make it a point to be there as much as she possibly can for her husband and kids and make sure she's there for all of them.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 07:16:33 am »

No, this is it; because of economy and the trend of a 'streamlined' monarchy that eschews the genuine grandeur of a genuinely regal coronation.

Already in the Spanish Constitution of 1978 a coronation was no longer a possibility. So it has nothing to do with streamlining the monarchy or with the present economic situation.
A Coronation automatically means a political role (crowning the Head of State) for members of the clergy. Since Spain knows a full separation of church and state, a coronation was not longer a possibility.

The only crowned monarch in Europe (and probably the world, I don't think the Japanese Emperor is crowned) is Queen Elizabeth II and as we know, the UK has no separation of church and state.

As for grandeur, if you have paid attention to the Dutch enthronement ceremony, you would know that the absence of a coronation doesn't automatically mean the absence of grandeur. In this respect the economic situation does play a role, had the Spanish economy been better, there might have been a bit more grandeur. At the same time, the form and shape of the passing of the throne in The Netherlands is very much different from that in Spain when it comes to location, the amount of time in which everything had to be arranged. But also in the guests invited.
In that respect, the Spanish ceremony resembles the Belgian ceremony of last July much more; no foreign royal guests, taking place within the House of Parliament and being arranged in a short(er) period of time.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 09:13:47 am »

It's true though, isn't it, that long before the Spanish Constitution of 1978, there was no crowning of Spanish monarchs? Few, if any, since medieval times, that is? I believe Charles wants a Coronation stripped of some of the pomp and ritual, when he is crowned. No State Coach, for example.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 09:19:14 am »

I thought Juan Carlos was the first not to be crowned, but according to Wikipedia the last formal crowning of a Spanish monarch was Eleanor of Navarra in 1479.
After that, Spanish monarchs have been proclaimed, at first in a religious ceremony but since the 18th century in the Cortes, the Spanish parliament.

So indeed...the crowning of Spanish monarchs is something from way, way back.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 10:30:52 am »

I love the history lessons I get on this forum.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2016, 06:50:35 pm »

The speaker of the lower house of Parliament, Jesus Posada, proclaimed Felipe VI king by declaring: "Long live Spain! Long live the king!"   
"Long live the king!" has been used in countries like England and France. With the proclamation in Spain, this is the first time I have known that a country's name is announced before "Long live the king!" is uttered.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2017, 10:34:42 pm »

I doubt any in parliament have any decent knowledge of protocol, well maybe not even the royal staff know considering all their fails.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: