Royal Gossip
November 22, 2017, 07:05:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proclamation of King Felipe 18-19th June 2014  (Read 4206 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: June 18, 2014, 05:53:45 pm »

Abdication of King Juan Carlos

http://www.elmundo.es/espana/2014/06/18/53a17f45e2704edd7b8b4571.html?a=78a1dca253a7deb8f16377aa8a3cb8f9&t=1403110347

http://politica.elpais.com/politica/2014/06/18/actualidad/1403107426_009520.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 06:08:35 pm »

I'm not a huge fan of this royal family although I am looking forward to seeing a New King crowned
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 06:17:17 pm »

LOL he doesn't get crowned. It has been fun hearing all the press talking about the coronation when there is nothing like that here.

The only thing they've done it has been to take the silly crown we have to the congress where they will do the main event.

At least I hope it will be better prepared than the abdication today because it was a bit disaster.

The little infantas didn't know what to do most of the time and Letizia had to do sign gestures to them so they would calm down.

Then they decided that they should kiss the grandpa but they didn't react and then when they did Leonor made JC fall down on his chair!

They should have told beforehand to the kids what they should do and how. It is not so difficult to take them to the palace in the morning and prepare them.

Their dresses were also not the most appropriate IMO.

Best dressed goes to Sofia with Letizia looking decent which for her is a lot of progress.

Sofia tried to act the happy marriage until the end but JC didn't gave her much attention.

JC's sister had the bitchiest face ever seen.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 06:30:13 pm »

how disappointing....I did watch the video and I see what you mean about the young Princess's....damn the clapping got annoying after the first 2 mins lols
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 08:48:55 pm »

Their dresses were also not the most appropriate IMO.

What was wrong with the dresses of the two little Infanta's? I thought they looked quite appropriate. Sure, it weren't designer dresses like the Duchess Triple A-princesses were wearing at the time. But had Letizia ordered designer dresses for her daughters, you would have bitched about that.
I think Leonor looked very regal, she certainly seems to understand what is going on and what it means for her.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 09:02:39 pm »

I thought they looked lovely - very well behaved a bit awed and confused by this but the dresses were very nice.

JC has screwed up in his later years - but he did help in a big way to guide Spain to democracy - I do hope in time he can see that his early work is appreciated.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 10:17:30 pm »

What was wrong with the dresses of the two little Infanta's? I thought they looked quite appropriate. Sure, it weren't designer dresses like the Duchess Triple A-princesses were wearing at the time. But had Letizia ordered designer dresses for her daughters, you would have bitched about that.
I think Leonor looked very regal, she certainly seems to understand what is going on and what it means for her.

I've never bitched as you say about the expense of clothes of anyone in the spanish RF because the money they are given is not going to change one way or another. At least I prefer they look well according to their role.

I've always said that Letizia should spend more and better on her clothes because they look cheap. Her skirt today looked cheap.

Better than spending +600 euros in a designer that doesn't know how to design at all.

The clothes the infantas were wearing was cheap looking. Sofia was looking better but Leonor's looked too casual.

It is an historic event and the photos are going to be seen forever, better to choose something classic.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6wXCe7mlsWg/U6HylGsI3WI/AAAAAAABZlA/NPiEYgq-FXo/s1600/King%252BJuan%252BCarlos%252BSigns%252BOfficial%252BAbdication%252BRhYMZWJfhqsx.jpg

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/06/king-juan-carlos-has-officially.html

I believe it is obvious that Leonor's dress is not the highest quality and it looked even poorer on tv.

JC has screwed up in his later years - but he did help in a big way to guide Spain to democracy - I do hope in time he can see that his early work is appreciated.

He was a disaster since the 80's but it was another era and the press treated him well and there are things that aren't still talked about much unless you know where to look.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:19:33 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 11:27:14 pm »

Is black the appropriate color for this occasion?  I honestly don't know.  Is that it?  I mean is he King now?  Hard to tell.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 11:31:58 pm »

I don't know what to say about black. Traditionally it wouldn't have been an acceptable colour but a lot of politicians apart from Letizia were wearing black clothes.

Yeah he is king since 32 minutes ago.  flower

berlin
Countess

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 12:07:31 am »

The abdication was a very moving ceremony.  I got get emotional whih was surprising to me because I didn't really pay much attention to the other abdications.

As far as this Varela guy I wouldn't pay over $200 for most of his stuff.  I hope Leticia wears more designer clothes from now on.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 12:20:17 am »

One thing I'm going to say about the young Princess's dresses.....I wouldn't have bought them for my daughters, the more I looked at the dresses the more I don't like them

Princess Mom needs to find better designer dresses for her children  king
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:22:10 am by Nighthawk » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 12:29:26 am »

^^^Thank you, Alex. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 01:08:03 am »

Why didn't Letizia pay more attention to what they would be wearing and the kids, Infantas should be ready by now and calm; Estelle of Sweden managed to sit through an entire two hour wedding without going completely bonkers and the Infantas should be better trained and better dressed.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 01:56:12 am »

Yes, I was surprised at what the Infantas were wearing as I expected something more classic. They weren't badly dressed but could have looked so much better.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 11:29:33 am »

A kiss for the new Queen of Spain: King Felipe takes the crown from a tearful Juan Carlos... as Letizia becomes world's most glamorous monarch's wife

Prince Felipe and his wife, former journalist Letizia, are today crowned King and Queen at their first official ceremony
    King Juan Carlos signed his abdication into law at midnight after 36-year reign, announced move earlier this month
    There won't be any ritzy official celebrations due to the economic crisis, no foreign leaders invited to attend
    Felipe will wear military sash and address lower house of parliament, father will leave him to hold ceremony alone
    Streets of Madrid lined with Spanish flags ready for new king, queen and their two daughters to drive through

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2662329/A-kiss-new-Queen-Spain-King-Felipe-takes-crown-tearful-Juan-Carlos-Letizia-worlds-glamorous-monarchs-wife.html#ixzz354zKI1NY

awww now those Dresses on the Little Princess's are adorable.... much better

Spain has sworn in a new king in a low-key ceremony that monarchists hope will usher in a new era of popularity for the troubled royal household.

Felipe VI has taken to the throne after his father Juan Carlos tearfully signed his abdication papers at midnight last night following a 36-year reign.

Determined to stay in line with the country's austerity measures, the new monarch, his wife Letizia and their two daughters are being ferried through Madrid in a low-key affair after a brief military parade to their first official engagement.

The ceremony, at Spain's lower house of parliament in Madrid, has little pomp and circumstance compared with royal handovers in other countries.

It is more of a legal process, attended by lawmakers, high-level politicians and some members of the royal family - including the new Queen Letizia, with no foreign leaders invited.

that was low key alright sorta disappointing
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 11:58:51 am »

My God... Letizia's face is pure plastic. She looks like Maleficent. Ok, so that's it, folks. To me, this is where the story ends. Long live Juan Carlos and good luck to Sofia. As for the new king, queen and heiresses  thumbsdown

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 12:27:57 pm »

Letizia looks more like Rania than she does her old self.

As for the future, if Letizia does become a 9-5 Queen and starts doing UN stuff and ignores Spain, I'll be proven right.

She should be dressed a lot more conservatively, lower hemline and so should the little princesses, bluntly put.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 01:00:50 pm »

WTF. Letizia's mother... what's with her face???

http://www.ecestaticos.com/image/clipping/863528af718b797535abade5b07188b6/paloma-rocasolano-menchu-alvarez-del-valle-y-jesus-ortiz.jpg

She's got her daughter's trout pouch and plastic looks.

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 01:04:14 pm »

It took me suprise. No big ceremony or crown. They were sad and there was not importance what they wore. I know it belongs to their tradition but it is strange.

Rock n royal
courtier

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 01:57:34 pm »

Well, there we go kids. A new monarch in Europe. I like the SRF especially F & L. I am eagerly looking forward to seeing more of them, especially as the DM seems to have fallen in love with Letizia.

I thought the little princesses were beautiful. Dressed appropriately and so sweet. I say, well done all round, including former king JC who has stepped back to allow his son to have a small celebration without him present.

So far so good!

Wearing three-inch heels and a striking red designer outfit, she might have expected her husband to give her an easy start.
But William showed no interest in holding back, sending his first ball whizzing inches from her face. Steve Robson - Mirror online

"There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life, the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs."  - P.Coelho
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: