Royal Gossip
October 21, 2017, 01:25:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Prince's Trust  (Read 10555 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: June 12, 2014, 01:39:29 am »

Prince's Trust to cut up to 100 jobs to reduce administration costs after suffering £2.8million funding shortfall

All of 38-year-old charity's 1,300 staff are being consulted on redundancies
    Its founder Prince Charles is said to have backed cuts to protect front line
    Charity works with disadvantaged youngsters and some will be affected
    But chief insisted the administration cuts are to 'invest in young people'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2655302/Princes-Trust-cut-100-jobs-reduce-administration-costs-suffering-2-8million-funding-shortfall.html

Lips Sealed
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 05:51:37 am »

Uh oh!

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 08:33:15 am »

Too bad William is too lazy to participate in fundraising; the Prince's Trust is Charles' baby and this must tick Charles off. Maybe Charles should pony up some cash to keep it afloat.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 12:40:21 pm »

There is no suggestion that the Trust is going anywhere - like many businesses there is some restructuring taking place because there is more demand on the services than they have money to cover so the bloat is going - the people who are nice to have in good times but when things get tough it is time for those jobs to go.

The choice really has been: cut the fat in the head office or cut front line services and the decision has been to cut the fat.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 03:32:30 pm »

^This is all too true and is happening more and more among charitable orbs.  Does anybody know how much the BRF contributes to this Trust?  And I'd also look at how much the fundraising events themselves cost.  It's not always about cutting at the top and is an easy and universally approved concept by those who aren't in the trenches.  There are ways of trimming the salaries and advocating Board members to volunteer their time instead of a drastic move so I'm not really sure if this is a way of getting out some of the old wood or a political one.  Non profits are rife with inner turmoil. 

What bothers me about this is I don't see as much visible activity for this charity and wonder if they've brought in a marketing team as well.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 09:57:09 pm »

The fact that they assisted 55,000 young people last year - and that was up on the year before - says that they are doing what they set out to do.

Charles does donate to the charity and raises millions for it through the fundraising events.

It is actually one of the most successful charities in the UK and is highly regarded but...in the current financial times that the UK has gone through since 2008 there has been more calls on the resources of the Princes Trust than normal and so has gone through the reserves and now has had to make some cuts to ensure that they continue to do the work they do on the frontline and also try to rebuild some reserves for the next big financial crisis.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 12:56:00 am »

^I see.  According to their profile, their main source of income is from corporate monies, not private funding.  The balance is quite large, actually, so I'm not all that sure that the fundraising that Charles has done is pulling in enough.  I'd really like to know what his personal contributions, aside from showing up, really are.  It's an image thing that if the Prince himself is not contributing the same % as other high end donors, or their Board/Trustee members, it's not going to get the same high rate of return from institutional investing.

It makes sense to cut out the fat but, and it's a big but, most nonprofits slash the salary for a determined amount of time and don't just cut an employee loose to save money.  There are long term relationships between these employees and various groups/donors and I still smell a little politics going on here.  I await their next move.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 06:35:24 pm »

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 7h7 hours ago Kensington, London

Great documentary marking 40 years of Prince Charles' inspirational @PrincesTrust on @ITV tonight 9pm, featuring @antanddec #TrustAt40

I saw it a few weeks ago and although I found its 'cheeky chappie' style irritating by the end, the access the crew was given is fantastic..

#TrustAt40 documentary also highlights brilliantly the superb work of the @PrincesTrust and Prince Charles' vision in getting it started.

I could have been a drug addict': Cheryl Fernandez-Versini praises dance for saving her from a life of crime

She has found huge success as a world renowned TV and pop star.

Yet Cheryl Fernandez-Versini insists her life could have gone a very different way as she opened up during a one-off ITV documentary, When Ant and Dec Met The Prince: 40 Years of The Prince’s Trust.

The 32-year-old hitmaker candidly revealed her belief that she could have turned to drugs or a life of crime if it weren't for the dance academy she attended in her youth.  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3383199/Cheryl-Fernandez-Versini-praises-dance-saving-life-crime-drug-addict.html#ixzz3wImJdbAZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:14:47 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 06:52:17 pm »

GIF set from the interveiw

http://henry-wales.tumblr.com/post/136598958015

I know Charles is saying/ hoping one of them do take over ,but deep down i wonder who he really wants to take over ,and he knows will do a great job

Charles should know his boys who is the flaky one who just say things cause it sounds good or the one who will do the job
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:55:45 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Val
Princess

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 07:36:53 pm »

There is a documentary about it on TV tonight at 9 pm.
quo
gossip insider

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 09:34:06 pm »

Have to say I'm really enjoying it so far ..
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 10:38:39 pm »

I think the hosts made the doc. I don't know them from anything but at least on what I watched they were entertaining and set a good mood. Though I think Charles was more open than his sons.

It was pretty amazing how much access he gave them even letting them stay at Dumfries House although the doc must have been planned in every way to make Charles look the best as possible.

It gives an interesting comparison with the sons. They let them enter KP but only to a sterile room. The play story was even shared by the two, there wasn't any other thing to tell.

The bits I watched were mostly entertaining though I had a problem with understanding Charles, he sounds super closed to my ears.   bye But it was a strange doc, though it was mainly to tell about the Trust it ended up with Will and Harry talking about how nice to be neighbours  huh and how amazing Camilla is. Also if they invited the sons to tell about the father wouldn't have made sense to interview Camilla too? BTW has she ever done an interview post marriage?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 11:00:29 pm »

GIF set from the interveiw

http://henry-wales.tumblr.com/post/136598958015

I know Charles is saying/ hoping one of them do take over ,but deep down i wonder who he really wants to take over ,and he knows will do a great job

Charles should know his boys who is the flaky one who just say things cause it sounds good or the one who will do the job

Something about the body language when he answered that question is way off, IMO.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Val
Princess

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 11:59:57 pm »

^

I noticed that too, he looked uncomfortable and looked away, also rubbing his nose.
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 12:07:30 am »

^  He looks like he's lost all hope that his son/sons will take over.  That was a blatent look away from the hosts so as to not lie to their faces. 
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 02:56:22 pm »

When Ant and Dec Met the Prince - 40 Years of the Prince's Trust
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ngRwaDxilY&ebc=ANyPxKomXFcPgQWaGxb6v68Z5feJDtVTMinovCSeDey91VFqfAurwJOqUA0NA33EWsPRHCCQSCJQ

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 04:45:58 pm »

I enjoyed that video. It showed the varied workings of the Trust and there were some heartwarming moments, such as when a group of Trust work-experience young people got jobs at a store and some of them cried.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 07:06:34 pm »

Amazing how neither William or Harry give a rat's behind about taking over and continuing the work of the Trust; all those people helped and go figure, neither William or Harry want to be bothered. The Trust will lose the main motivating force, Charles, when Charles becomes King.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 07:44:11 pm »

What is wrong with those two?
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 09:26:33 pm »

Yeah that can be real uncomfortable walking around like that in your home
http://henry-wales.tumblr.com/post/136650884040/where-do-you-live-harry

William wasn't so bad he seem relaxed
http://henry-wales.tumblr.com/post/136675824880

baby Charles was cute..
http://henry-wales.tumblr.com/post/136687117240/royallymonroe-prince-charles-c-1950

As for the prince trust work i really hope one of them do take over cause it helped a lot of people and it would be a shame if William and Harry let if fall

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: