Royal Gossip
June 24, 2017, 04:33:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camilla's Jewelry Box  (Read 5331 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: June 04, 2014, 09:57:32 pm »

Jewels fit for a Queen! A radiant Duchess of Cornwall dazzles in diamonds as she joins Her Majesty at Westminster Palace
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2648369/Jewels-fit-Queen-A-radiant-Duchess-Cornwall-dazzles-diamonds-joins-Her-Majesty-Westminster-Palace.html#ixzz33hqQVeas
A confident Duchess of Cornwall nearly stole the show as she arrived looking wonderful in a regal white gown and diamond tiara that echoed the Queen's ensemble in Westminster today.

Just over a year since she made her debut appearance at the State Opening of Parliament, her repeat visit today will be seen as a victory for Prince Charles who has long wanted his wife to play a greater role in royal life.

And it seems his work has paid off after a radiant Camilla drew admiring glances and loud cheers from the crowds outside the Palace of Westminster as she made her way inside on her husband's arm.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:39:36 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 03:08:44 am »

in the first pic Camilla looks down right evil - LOL

hink this is more PC public relations for Camilla - it is HM who is wearing the serious bling and who looks dazzling
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 03:17:55 am »

Camilla can't help her smile of course, but I've noticed it is rather a strange one. The outer ends of her mouth remain open, exposing teeth and gums, and only  the middle portion has the lips meeting.

I suppose photographers can catch royals and celebrities at odd moments, eating etc., when the facial expressions aren't at their best!
LadyLaura
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 03:55:20 am »

Camilla sure loves her bling... tehe

god love her.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 05:45:36 am »

Go figure, she's waering Queen Mary's jewels and it must tickle her pink; her ancestress was just a mistress (among so many others) and never dreamed that her descendent would end up wearing the jewels of a Queen who never received her, Keppel. Camilla has likely made her ancestress proud.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 06:27:59 am »

I think she just has an odd expression   in that photo -

Charles also looked rather sad

Listening - HM still has a strong firm voice - none of that quavering one will often note as people get older.

The article is such an obvious one - even the captions under the pics proclaim Camilla as "princess" looking
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 06:29:55 am »

I think Queen Mary had the most superb jewels ever, (besides the Romanovs.) She was certainly a woman who loved wearing them!
 It must really have broken her heart when Edward VIII snaffled all the jewellery Queen Alexandra had left him for his future wife, and they ended up with Wallis and away from the Royal Family.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 06:32:36 am »

Being a history buff, I just love the ritual and ceremonial involved!
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 07:10:48 am »

yes it is fascinating that and the decorative elements of Westminster - so rich
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 07:46:16 am »

notice hw swollen PC's hands look - yes he has his sausage fingers - but his hands do look more swollen than normal - wonder if he has hypertension?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 07:59:06 am »

I've noticed that Prince Charles often seems to have swollen and red hands. I've heard it speculated that it could be a symptom of rosacea, but I don't know much about that disorder.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 08:03:41 am »

the facial redness is probably from the rosacea - Harry obviously has it too - just do not understand why they don't get it treated - is rather a simple matter -

usually rosacea affects the face not the hands and it should not cause swelling like that

I know his fingers do look swollen normally - but here is hand looks swollen - 
sandy
Princess

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 03:26:24 pm »

I don't know why the DM could not have made the Queen the "star" instead of focusing on Camilla. I wonder if Charles pays the DM for his PR of this woman.  The Queen actually looks a whole lot better than Camilla who gawks at the cameras and has some strange looks on her face--and not to mention the hair and the bad undergarments. It's the Emperor's New Clothes all over again. And there are a whole lot of scathing comments coming into the DM.

I wonder if Charles is sad because his Mummy said she would not abdicate after reading the news about the Spanish royals. Or he realizes he's stuck with Camilla --he does not look radiantly happy to put it mildly.

There is nothing radiant or dazzling about Camilla--she has the cat got the cream look--she did not become mistress for nothing--it paid off thanks to her sugar daddy.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 07:56:13 pm »

wouldn't want to be in her place - lusting after a crown for your entire life must be exhausting. and also - if something happens to Charles she may not even become a queen. excuse my ignorance but wasn't she only going to get a queen consort, or i am mistaken
sandy
Princess

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 08:07:00 pm »

She would be called Queen Camilla but she in effect would be consort not a Queen Regnant.
LadyLaura
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 08:13:16 pm »

I wonder why Charles is so somber looking?

I love the Queens dress, it is lovely  flower
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 08:15:56 pm »

here's a few pictures

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Prince+Charles/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Attends+State+Opening+Parliament/0D79R0CikAZ
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Prince+Charles/State+Opening+Parliament+London/FkD8sflj29A
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Camilla+Parker+Bowles/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Attends+State+Opening+Parliament/-zpH2HQoUKq
sandy
Princess

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 08:17:28 pm »

He has the same expression when he and Diana went to Korea in 1992. It's "trouble in paradise" with him and Camilla and/or his mother telling him she's not abdicating.

Camilla appears scary looking with that smile--the dress looks lumpy on her. She has lots of people waiting on her could she not get a better dresser or somebody who can be  honest with her about how her clothes look with bad foundation garments.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 08:43:43 pm »

I have the opposite opinion, I would say this is one of the best dresses she has worn. The spanx effect on the middle suits her body type. It is less nightgown and more like a dress.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 08:56:02 pm »

It bunches up a bit and is too tight. It makes her look lumpy. She is better off with the more flowing gown style. IMO anyway.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: