Royal Gossip
November 21, 2018, 06:38:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Juan Carlos abdicates  (Read 27215 times)
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2014, 10:06:00 pm »

2. His empathy won't help matters. Having him say "I feel so much for our young people" is not going to solve the problem. Spain needs facts, not words. Unfortunately, shallow words are the only thing these people have to offer. I still remember the last time he addressed this issue in public. "Education is the key to finding a good job". That comes to show just how out of touch with reality this man is. He still thinks that the reason why so many young people are unemployed is because they dropped out of school (which is what happened... 15 years ago). My God...

You realise that as a King (or Crown Prince) he has absolutely no power right? What can he do but show empathy and support the people in any way he can? He is not entitled to lower taxes, raise benefits, give out subsidies to create jobs etc. That is all the government and parliament.
Essentially the role of a King or Queen in a parliamentary monrachy is, in the words of Bagehot; the right to be consulted, the right to encourage and the right to warn. And within those restrictions, what else can a King, any King (or ceremonial president for that matter), do but to travel through out the country, talk to people, to local politicians and return to the capital with his impressions and inform the government-members who are in charge?

As for education, I think he has a point. And that doesn't mean that everyone needs to go to university, but everyone should have an education at ones own level; whether as a qualified plumber or a surgeon. In The Netherlands companies invested heavily in education during the crisis, instead of firing people, they gave them part-time contracts and in the rest of the time, these workers went back to school or training-institutions. The result is now that the pool of Dutch workers is higher educated and qualified than it was before the crisis and this will help them now that the crisis is slowly waning.
Education is truly the basis of everything; in order to get a job, in order to make enough money, to be able to move up on the social and economic ladder. And Félipe is not the only royal who stresses that time and time again. The Dutch Queen Maxima (as well as her sister-in-law Princess Laurentien) stress that point as well and there are many more royals and politicians out there that do the same.
Is education the magical pill that will cure all problems? No, obviously not, but it is a start. And I rather have people going back to college or a vocational training institute than have them sitting around on their couches and sleep in until 10:00 a.m. Education has a social function as well after all.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2014, 01:19:31 am »

How good they will be is purely theoretical; if Letizia starts running around the world and pushes her way onto UN committees and indulges in fashionable trendy causes and at the same time, ignores her duties to be by her husband's side (her main duty) and ignores the courtiers and people (of Spain), then she will be a failure. Spain is supposed to be her only primary interest and opportunity and so far, the court has kept her from running around making a fool of herself.

Lets be frank; Letizia is not so high ranking (professionally or otherwise) that she had high connections prior to her ascent as Felipe's wife. She's been at Felipe's side mainly because until now, she's been kept by his side (where she belongs). I sincerely believe (and I've so far not been wrong about the majority of my predictions) that she will start shirking Spain, she will increasingly ignore Felipe (if she ever cared about him in the first place), and show more interest in UN stuff than Spanish stuff.

Thing is, that with women like Letizia, they make the huge mistake of trying to replicate a 'normal' unaccountable life rather than one dedicated to duty and showing basic respect for herself. She looks miserable at his side, with him aging prematurely and looking more and more sour. She sounds like she already looks down on being Queen of Spain and is impatient to ditch her husband and end up seeing the world on Spain's dime and acting like Rania, who has been blasted for her jet set lifestyle.

I don't think either will be anything other than a basic King/Queen of Spain and that will be pretty much it. I believe that she will end up not really caring; already setting limits on her availability of being a Sovereign, being available to her people, should tell everyone everything about her intentions. As for Felipe, I haven't seen him or Letizia making it a point to invite industrialists or entrepreneurs to the palace and wheedle jobs out of them for Spaniards; I don't see him and Letizia making it a point to travel the world, discover the latest innovations, and then help get the inventors manufacturing contracts and create jobs for Spaniards.

Letizia strikes me as someone who is killing time, itching to get her hands on the crown, then use her status as a calling card and get on UN committees and spend most of her time in meetings and speeches and award ceremonies, with her kids with the nannies and her husband in a cold bed. Apparently you can tell that she's interested only in doing her basics in regards to kids (two) and uninterested in even pretending to be a dutiful wife (Felipe does not look like a happy man).

I give it a while, but she'll soon be running around the world while the monarchy crumbles around her husband's shoulders.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2014, 02:14:43 am »

KF, where have you got the idea that Felipe is an unhappy man, that he and Letizia are unhappily married or that she is a neglectful mother? There are many many photographs of Felipe and Letizia interacting, smiling at each other, holding hands sometimes. going out together at night, and doing things with their children.

Letizia is a middle-aged woman in her 40's. I can't see why she is ageing particularly badly. She may have had a bit of Botox or other work, but in general, she looks petite, pretty and on many occasions, quite elegant.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2014, 09:19:27 am »

^KF...where did you get the idea that Letizia is desperate to work for the UN? And as a Dutch citizen, I really don't see the harm in it by the way. I am extremely proud that my Queen Maxima is working for the UN for such a wonderful cause like inclusive finance that will, hopefully, elevate more and more people all over the world out of poverty.

It is not like she is 'ignoring' the Netherlands and neither will Letizia. Considering her (Letizia) former profession, I think it would be wonderful if Letizia would do something for press-freedom or an organisation like Journalists without Borders that calls on governments to keep journalists safe and not use them in pawns in their own power struggles. News-gathering is a corner-stone of a working democracy...in order to use that right to vote and to use it properly, people NEED information, un-biased information.

Furthermore, royals have been used for centuries to forge ties between countries and to shape treaties, to enhance business- and trade interests etc. For that, an international role can only be helpfull. While in NY for a UN-meeting. Letizia can come into contact with this or that ambassador and she redirect the ambassador to a member of government or make an introduction between him and the Spanish ambassador. And believe me...this is how it works the world over. The world of diplomacy and trade is a world of networking and to get into contact with a royal (whether born one or married into) is interesting for many people. And not to use that would be downright silly.
It is just important that it is a matter that Letizia is interested in and comfortable with. Because faking an interest will work counter-productive.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2014, 01:26:47 am »

You're right KF - keep 'em pregnant and barefoot!

Seriously -
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2014, 01:59:55 pm »

at least Letizia was wearing underpants when the wind got her skirts and she is not a repeat offender.

We've seen Letizia's underpants many times. First one, during her honeymoon. The pictures showing her underpants were banned by the Royal House but all the reporters said that they saw her underwear.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5049/hm20ap317410guest7ik.jpg

And many other times.

At least we haven't repeatedly seen Kate's because of her poor choice of see-through clothes:

http://www.vanitatis.com/cache/2012/11/27/81leti-d.jpg

http://www.vanitatis.com/cache/2012/11/08/8berzas.jpg

At least Kate doesn't display tasteless fake breasts at royal weddings:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2350/872673polfotobb8.jpg

At least Kate doesn't display her rotten teeth for everyone to see:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRcLmRVi_5DWJZvJdxcTGiOpd_Sez-HOGgLIalxHUkc2vykKb-

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg66/Arualzgz/DibujoZ.jpg

http://www.hola.com/bodaprincipe/2004/02/28/findesemanacandanchu/imgs/ppeyletizia-candanchu4b.jpg

At least Kate doesn't use fake bottoms:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZsP36QGq0-tWVLs479KN8ebk9FPvbXdFA5aRes1Mh8EVrXKys5Q

Kate is not the perfect princess, alright, but she's no worse than Letizia.

She has impressed me - she works hard at her charities - she is on several international committees and it is obvious that she is not just there for a meet and greet collect the floral bouquet.  I often see her carrying papers and reports etc to her meetings so she is a participant.  I like her style - she dresses professionally and fashionably but not ostentatiously.

huh She carries blank papers and poses for the pictures sitting at the table with the true professionals while holding a pen and pretending to be an important and active participant but she's just there for the pic.

I see nothing in any of the links you posted that show a naked crotch or backside, her jumpers show nothing other than a bra.  I have also seen many photos, freely available on the internet, of wasty´s very uneven teeth before she had dental work done to them.   I would say there is a big difference between Princess Letizia and wasty, and PL wins hands down every time.  Wasty just has not got a clue.  Princess Letizia is not the perfect princess, but she is miles ahead of wasty.  How do we know what is in her bag when she goes to meetings?  Unless we see what is in the bag we have no idea whether the papers are blank or not.   Princess Letizia for me, all the way.  As the DM photos show, second to PL in every one of them.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2014, 02:03:41 pm »

I disagree. I think she is a very attractive young woman. Looks are relative though, but I do think demonic is a little strong!

Agree Rock n Royal.  I think she looks a little overwhelmed in some of them. Wasty has that demonic, maniacal grin that she gives all the time, dreadful look.  At least Princess Letizia is doing her best, more than we can say about wasty.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2014, 02:31:13 pm »

I think Letizia is a rather elegant woman. She's looked stunning in some photos I've seen of her in evening wear. I just hope that things work out for the new King and Queen of Spain.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2014, 02:38:19 pm »

From all that I've seen of Letizia and I fully acknowledge that I don't know all of the negatives as well as others, I think the main difference between the two women (if we must go there) is that PL shows enormous promise and has a confidence about her; behavior I've never seen nor doubt I will ever see in Kate.  And, for me, those are the most important qualities required here. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2014, 02:07:09 am »

If she's intent on being a "9-5 Queen," I think she's setting herself up for failure and setting herself up for a tremendous amount of unpopularity. Look at how WK are being flamed more and more and more as thye keep making it clear that they want to 'live normally' and be working royals on their terms.

Seriously -

You don't marry into an RF to be an independent woman; the whole point of being a consort is to prop up the husband's ego and make appearances and look pretty.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rock n royal
courtier

« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2014, 01:49:17 pm »

The Proclamation of Felipe VI of Spain will be on June 19, 2014. No other royal houses will attend as there is no space to accommodate them all.

Wearing three-inch heels and a striking red designer outfit, she might have expected her husband to give her an easy start.
But William showed no interest in holding back, sending his first ball whizzing inches from her face. Steve Robson - Mirror online

"There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life, the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs."  - P.Coelho
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2014, 03:12:56 pm »

If she's intent on being a "9-5 Queen," I think she's setting herself up for failure and setting herself up for a tremendous amount of unpopularity. Look at how WK are being flamed more and more and more as thye keep making it clear that they want to 'live normally' and be working royals on their terms.

Seriously -

You don't marry into an RF to be an independent woman; the whole point of being a consort is to prop up the husband's ego and make appearances and look pretty.

But supporting your husband doesn't mean you have to be joined at the hip. Her husband can't be everywhere all the time, neither can she, but if they divide the work, she can be his eyes and ears and inform him of things she has heard or seen during her own visits, meetings, discussions etc. And these meetings can be on an international stage as well.

Sidney
courtier

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2014, 12:49:55 pm »

2. His empathy won't help matters. Having him say "I feel so much for our young people" is not going to solve the problem. Spain needs facts, not words. Unfortunately, shallow words are the only thing these people have to offer. I still remember the last time he addressed this issue in public. "Education is the key to finding a good job". That comes to show just how out of touch with reality this man is. He still thinks that the reason why so many young people are unemployed is because they dropped out of school (which is what happened... 15 years ago). My God...

You realise that as a King (or Crown Prince) he has absolutely no power right? What can he do but show empathy and support the people in any way he can? He is not entitled to lower taxes, raise benefits, give out subsidies to create jobs etc. That is all the government and parliament.
Essentially the role of a King or Queen in a parliamentary monrachy is, in the words of Bagehot; the right to be consulted, the right to encourage and the right to warn. And within those restrictions, what else can a King, any King (or ceremonial president for that matter), do but to travel through out the country, talk to people, to local politicians and return to the capital with his impressions and inform the government-members who are in charge?

That's the thing, Countess of Holland. If the only thing they can do is travel the country, cut ribbons and look good in pictures, what's the point in having them? The likes of David Beckham can do that, too (and he looks much better than Felipe).

Sidney
courtier

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2014, 01:39:29 pm »

Thing is, that with women like Letizia, they make the huge mistake of trying to replicate a 'normal' unaccountable life rather than one dedicated to duty and showing basic respect for herself. She looks miserable at his side, with him aging prematurely and looking more and more sour. She sounds like she already looks down on being Queen of Spain and is impatient to ditch her husband and end up seeing the world on Spain's dime and acting like Rania, who has been blasted for her jet set lifestyle.

[...]

Letizia strikes me as someone who is killing time, itching to get her hands on the crown, then use her status as a calling card and get on UN committees and spend most of her time in meetings and speeches and award ceremonies, with her kids with the nannies and her husband in a cold bed. Apparently you can tell that she's interested only in doing her basics in regards to kids (two) and uninterested in even pretending to be a dutiful wife (Felipe does not look like a happy man).

I agree. However, I must say that I do understand the pressure she seems to be under. Letizia strikes me as a free spirit who is not made for conventional life (marriage, kids, family life...). I think she's the kind of independent woman who wants to be free and can't take the burden that comes with the married-with-kids kind of life. I think that's the kind of woman she was before she met Felipe (and that's perfectly fine; not every woman wants to get married, have kids and settle for a conventional life). I think she feels trapped in the role she's playing. She sure loves her kids (she's not a monster) but I think the "wife-mommy-queen" kind of life is not something that sits well with her. I agree with you that she does look miserable.

Sidney
courtier

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2014, 01:54:27 pm »

I see nothing in any of the links you posted that show a naked crotch or backside, her jumpers show nothing other than a bra.  I have also seen many photos, freely available on the internet, of wasty´s very uneven teeth before she had dental work done to them.   I would say there is a big difference between Princess Letizia and wasty, and PL wins hands down every time.  Wasty just has not got a clue.  Princess Letizia is not the perfect princess, but she is miles ahead of wasty. 

If Kate was the one doing the things you've seen in these pictures she would be mercilessly lambasted. If her bra showed like that she would be blasted big time. There's nothing wrong with having uneven teeth. I would choose that over sporting black, rotten teeth when you're a public figure whose only is smiling for the cameras. I can't see why Letizia wins hands down but hey, to each their own.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2014, 04:37:01 pm »

'I didn't want my son to grow old waiting like Prince Charles': King Juan Carlos of Spain reveals why he decided to abdicate

Spain's King Juan Carlos told his staff he decided to abdicate because: 'I do not want my son to wither waiting like Prince Charles', it was reported today.
The 76-year-old monarch is believed to have told Rafael Spottorno, chief of the royal household, that he wanted Crown Prince Felipe, 46, to be on the throne while he was still in his young.
'He saw, above all, that his son was in his prime and didn't want to see him like Prince Charles who will be 66 years old in November,' Mr Spottorno is quoted as saying.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2652058/I-didnt-want-son-grow-old-waiting-like-Prince-Charles-King-Juan-Carlos-Spain-reveals-decided-abdicate.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2014, 04:57:24 pm »

William second in line and Harry third in line? Really Daily Fail???
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2014, 06:39:50 pm »

I see nothing in any of the links you posted that show a naked crotch or backside, her jumpers show nothing other than a bra.  I have also seen many photos, freely available on the internet, of wasty´s very uneven teeth before she had dental work done to them.   I would say there is a big difference between Princess Letizia and wasty, and PL wins hands down every time.  Wasty just has not got a clue.  Princess Letizia is not the perfect princess, but she is miles ahead of wasty. 

If Kate was the one doing the things you've seen in these pictures she would be mercilessly lambasted. If her bra showed like that she would be blasted big time. There's nothing wrong with having uneven teeth. I would choose that over sporting black, rotten teeth when you're a public figure whose only is smiling for the cameras. I can't see why Letizia wins hands down but hey, to each their own.

Why do you want to attack people who like Princess Letizia.  What has she done to you that makes you so angry.  If anything wasty did was as mild as the photos of Princess Letizia I think the people of the UK would be more than happy.      If wasty liked her uneven teeth then I am sure she would not have gone through the process to have them evened out, it was her choice, nobody forced her.  Not sure how you see rotten teeth on Princess Letizia, but hey, each to their own as you so rightly said.  I see nothing in any of the photos you posted to create such anger in you, but obviously they do.  And yes, in my opinion Princess Letizia and wasty are not even in the same league, PL still wins hands down.  Would swap you wasty for Princess Letizia any day of the week.  All entitled to our opinions, as you said, and we have to agree to differ on this one.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2014, 07:21:21 pm »

what a great excuse to use for the King to abandon the throne just slam the BRF to make yourself look and feel better
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2014, 07:53:15 pm »

Why do you want to attack people who like Princess Letizia.  What has she done to you that makes you so angry. 

The same Kate seems to have done to you to *despise* her so much. And if stating the obvious and supporting it with evidence is attacking Letizia fans, so be it. 

If anything wasty did was as mild as the photos of Princess Letizia I think the people of the UK would be more than happy.      If wasty liked her uneven teeth then I am sure she would not have gone through the process to have them evened out, it was her choice, nobody forced her.  Not sure how you see rotten teeth on Princess Letizia, but hey, each to their own as you so rightly said. I see nothing in any of the photos you posted to create such anger in you, but obviously they do.  And yes, in my opinion Princess Letizia and wasty are not even in the same league, PL still wins hands down.  Would swap you wasty for Princess Letizia any day of the week.  All entitled to our opinions, as you said, and we have to agree to differ on this one.

[/quote]

What's the problem with someone having their uneven teeth fixed? Who's saying she was forced? Unlike Letizia, whose main hobby seems to be going under the knife, Kate doesn't seem to be obsessed with plastic surgery (not that she needs it, she's a good looking woman). As for Letizia's rotten teeth, the pics speak for themselves. Thank God she had the problem fixed after her second daughter was born because it was really gross. Not that I care much about Kate but I don't think she's worse than Letizia. Books about abortions written by a cousin, relatives accused of fraudulent conveyance, sisters who take each and every single newspaper, magazine and TV station in Spain to court, portraits of her posing topless for a CD cover... What Kate has done (silly and embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions) IS mild compared to all this. IMHO, of course.

what a great excuse to use for the King to abandon the throne just slam the BRF to make yourself look and feel better

Well, he actually didn't say that. It's one of those they-told-me-he-said situations.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: