Royal Gossip
November 19, 2017, 02:44:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Juan Carlos abdicates  (Read 21110 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2014, 07:57:38 pm »

thumbsup nicely put Sidney ...well said  flower

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2014, 10:41:56 pm »

Why do you want to attack people who like Princess Letizia.  What has she done to you that makes you so angry.

The same Kate seems to have done to you to *despise* her so much. And if stating the obvious and supporting it with evidence is attacking Letizia fans, so be it.  

If anything wasty did was as mild as the photos of Princess Letizia I think the people of the UK would be more than happy.      If wasty liked her uneven teeth then I am sure she would not have gone through the process to have them evened out, it was her choice, nobody forced her.  Not sure how you see rotten teeth on Princess Letizia, but hey, each to their own as you so rightly said. I see nothing in any of the photos you posted to create such anger in you, but obviously they do.  And yes, in my opinion Princess Letizia and wasty are not even in the same league, PL still wins hands down.  Would swap you wasty for Princess Letizia any day of the week.  All entitled to our opinions, as you said, and we have to agree to differ on this one.

From @ Sidney  What's the problem with someone having their uneven teeth fixed? Who's saying she was forced? Unlike Letizia, whose main hobby seems to be going under the knife, Kate doesn't seem to be obsessed with plastic surgery (not that she needs it, she's a good looking woman). As for Letizia's rotten teeth, the pics speak for themselves. Thank God she had the problem fixed after her second daughter was born because it was really gross. Not that I care much about Kate but I don't think she's worse than Letizia. Books about abortions written by a cousin, relatives accused of fraudulent conveyance, sisters who take each and every single newspaper, magazine and TV station in Spain to court, portraits of her posing topless for a CD cover... What Kate has done (silly and embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions) IS mild compared to all this. IMHO, of course.
[/quote]

IMHO opinion, of course, wasty´s malfunctions are hardly mild and embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions. Flashing your infected crotch at the world, showing your butt to the world, on numerous occasions, I do not consider to be wardrobe malfunctions.   More like Marilyn moments that she would appear to enjoy. I do not understand your anger and hatred towards Princess Letizia, or why you might want to grind her into the gutter, but it would appear to eat you up to the point of losing all reason.  IMHO that is very sad.  It is impossible to have a discusion with such anger jpresent, so over and out on this one, I refuse to be drawn into a pointless discussion on how to make wasty look good at the expense of Princess Letizia.  I still say Princess Letizia is a Ferrari compared to wasty´s Skoda, every time.

For the record, I do not *intensely dislike* wasty, I *intensely dislike* her, IMHO, totally unaccepable public behaviour.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:46:21 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2014, 11:16:07 pm »

IMHO opinion, of course, wasty´s malfunctions are hardly mild and embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions. Flashing your infected crotch at the world, showing your butt to the world, on numerous occasions, I do not consider to be wardrobe malfunctions.   More like Marilyn moments that she would appear to enjoy. I do not understand your anger and hatred towards Princess Letizia, or why you might want to grind her into the gutter, but it would appear to eat you up to the point of losing all reason. IMHO that is very sad.  It is impossible to have a discusion with such anger jpresent, so over and out on this one, I refuse to be drawn into a pointless discussion on how to make wasty look good at the expense of Princess Letizia.  I still say Princess Letizia is a Ferrari compared to wasty´s Skoda, every time.

This thread is about the Spanish Royal Family, which includes Letizia. You like her and think she's perfect. Good. You are entitled to your opinion. Likewise, I am entitled to my own opinion and my opinion about her happens to be negative, hence the negative comments. As far as I can tell, you dislike Kate Middleton as much as I dislike Letizia but you seem to think that you're the only one who can be vocal about likes and dislikes. It's funny that you talk about "anger and hatred" towards one person since you are the one doing the name-calling here. Wasty this, Wasty that. I don't even want to imagine what you would say about the anger issues you've diagnosed me with if I did the same with Letizia. You say you don't understand my wanting to grind Letizia into the gutter and then you go and try to grind Kate into that very same gutter talking about her infected crotch (do you happen to be her gynecologist to know about such an intimate matter?) in a thread about LETIZIA. And I'm the one with *despise* issues!

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2014, 12:02:40 pm »

King’s abdication boosts Spanish support for monarchy
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1a9edf00-efab-11e3-bee7-00144feabdc0.html#axzz348fCgmLk
High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1a9edf00-efab-11e3-bee7-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz348fQPjx2

he abdication of King Juan Carlos has bolstered public support for the monarchy in Spain, with polls showing that both the ageing monarch and Crown Prince Felipe received a marked boost in their popular ratings.

More than 76 per cent of Spaniards said they supported the monarch’s decision to hand the crown to his son, according to a poll published in the El Mundo daily on Monday. Asked whether they wanted Spain to remain a constitutional monarchy, more than 55 per cent said Yes – up sharply from an all-time low at the beginning of the year, when less than half of respondents backed the current system. High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1a9edf00-efab-11e3-bee7-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz348fXLYPv

Almost two-thirds said they had a good or very good opinion of Juan Carlos, up from just 41 per cent in January. Some 77 per cent said they had a good or very good opinion of his son, who will reign as Felipe VI.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2014, 09:50:55 pm »

Thing is, that with women like Letizia, they make the huge mistake of trying to replicate a 'normal' unaccountable life rather than one dedicated to duty and showing basic respect for herself. She looks miserable at his side, with him aging prematurely and looking more and more sour. She sounds like she already looks down on being Queen of Spain and is impatient to ditch her husband and end up seeing the world on Spain's dime and acting like Rania, who has been blasted for her jet set lifestyle.

[...]

Letizia strikes me as someone who is killing time, itching to get her hands on the crown, then use her status as a calling card and get on UN committees and spend most of her time in meetings and speeches and award ceremonies, with her kids with the nannies and her husband in a cold bed. Apparently you can tell that she's interested only in doing her basics in regards to kids (two) and uninterested in even pretending to be a dutiful wife (Felipe does not look like a happy man).
I agree. However, I must say that I do understand the pressure she seems to be under. Letizia strikes me as a free spirit who is not made for conventional life (marriage, kids, family life...). I think she's the kind of independent woman who wants to be free and can't take the burden that comes with the married-with-kids kind of life. I think that's the kind of woman she was before she met Felipe (and that's perfectly fine; not every woman wants to get married, have kids and settle for a conventional life). I think she feels trapped in the role she's playing. She sure loves her kids (she's not a monster) but I think the "wife-mommy-queen" kind of life is not something that sits well with her. I agree with you that she does look miserable.

What really galls me, is how she is somehow supposed to be a sympathetic figure, when in fact she has a drop dead gorgeous husband, a husband who is a prince who fought for her, who will be king, who has two healthy kids, is about to become Queen of Spain;

BUT

She apparently has a habit of going under the knife slicing away at the features that attracted her husband in the first place, looks impatient to get away from her husband, and is shrinking badly as each year goes by. Thing is, she has no reason feeling miserable, much less looking miserable.

I am sick of the 'poor little rich girl' act that Letizia (and by some degrees Kate) has going and I am sick of seeing how Letizia let it go so far as Felipe fought for her (he threatening to abdicate) and now she's looking like she's itching to bolt from Zarzuela the minute she gets the chance.

Most women would KILL to have all that going for them in their lives and would DIE to have Felipe for a husband, but this selfish ingrate doesn't think she has enough. If I were in Leti's position I would be grinning and smiling like Kate in a shopping mall; you wouldn't see me going under the knife or looking emaciated.

As for Felipe, I wouldn't be having just one or two children, I'd be having them by the handful if I could. I wouldn't be moping and loafing around and looking miserable. If she's so independent and so amazingly dynamic, why isn't the woman making more of her role or why bother marrying Felipe in the first place?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2014, 11:31:03 pm »

I am sick of the 'poor little rich girl' act that Letizia (and by some degrees Kate) has going and I am sick of seeing how Letizia let it go so far as Felipe fought for her (he threatening to abdicate) and now she's looking like she's itching to bolt from Zarzuela the minute she gets the chance.

Most women would KILL to have all that going for them in their lives and would DIE to have Felipe for a husband, but this selfish ingrate doesn't think she has enough. If I were in Leti's position I would be grinning and smiling like Kate in a shopping mall; you wouldn't see me going under the knife or looking emaciated.

I don't know, Kuei Fei. The lives these people live strike me as anything but idyllic (from a 21st-century young woman's point of view). I remember watching the news when William and Kate got married and they had this kind of news correspondent asking women on the street if they would like to be in Kate's shoes. Almost all of them answered 'no' to that question. I remember another journalist saying "He's given Kate a job for life that most women in the UK just would not want". I think women today value their freedom and independence way too much to be willing to sign themselves up for a life under the microscope.

I know some women who say they would be happy as a clam if they were in Letizia's, Kate's or any of these women's shoes. They say they have no right to complain because they have everything a woman could want. Well, I'm not so sure. Look what this kind of life did to Diana, Sarah, Masako... I think Letizia was happier as an independent woman who had a job she loved than she is being a royal. As for having a handsome husband... well, looks aren't everything. John Kennedy was smoking hot (IMO), rich and powerful and Jackie's life with him was miserable according to what we know today. I don't consider Felipe to be handsome. He has aged horrendously.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2014, 12:05:27 am »

Felipe has aged considerably since the marriage.

As for Letizia, if she didn't like the life or something, why didn't she just walk away from any relationship?

She isn't titled or some naive nineteen year old and second, by all accounts the Spanish court would have gladly seen her off and even helped her make the break. So what made her go for the ring in the first place?

Like anyone with an internet connection and literacy she would know that the life of a princess is stifling. So why bother?

Why make Felipe go through all that drama just to be able to marry her and now look like an underfed sad sack?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
danifaul
Countess

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2014, 12:57:24 am »

I'm late...  tehe surprised by this news!  Shocked

what a great excuse to use for the King to abandon the throne just slam the BRF to make yourself look and feel better
yes . believe are the main reasons: bad health and scandals, but

King Juan Carlos had been considering the decision since his 75th birthday in January 2013, his chief of staff admitted, and that he had discussed it at length with those in his inner circle.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/10884681/King-Juan-Carlos-I-dont-want-my-son-to-grow-old-waiting-like-Prince-Charles.html
is a point: 'I don't want my son to grow old waiting like Prince Charles'
I think  flower better abdicate (as happened in the Netherlands), than wait for death.
better for all (the people  - monarchy -monarch and the heir)

Rock n royal
courtier

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »

Spanish lawmakers vote through royal succession rules.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/spanish-lawmakers-vote-royal-succession-rules-120512644.html#pUnF6HK

Wearing three-inch heels and a striking red designer outfit, she might have expected her husband to give her an easy start.
But William showed no interest in holding back, sending his first ball whizzing inches from her face. Steve Robson - Mirror online

"There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life, the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs."  - P.Coelho
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2014, 01:52:33 am »

Royalists fury at austere low-key ceremony for Prince Felipe's coronation (and so austere his own father might not even attend)

Crown Prince Felipe, 46, is due to be enthroned as King of Spain on June 19
    The coronation will be a low-key secular affair in front of Spanish politicians
    His father King Juan Carlos said he might not even attend the ceremony
    King-in-waiting wants an austere event amid the country's economic crisis
    Staunch royalists say a low-key event is a wasted PR chance for the country
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2655206/King-waiting-Prince-Felipe-crowned-austere-low-key-ceremony-father-not-attend.html
benign
Duchess

« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2014, 01:55:07 am »

question, are they going to change the Succession law and make Leonore the future Queen? Or they wont and let Felipe rule for a number of years but will abdicate after that, and there wont be any RF after this.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2014, 02:22:16 am »

Leonor can be queen. But if there is a younger brother then he would be king. Its like in Monaco.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2014, 03:15:01 am »

I don't think there are any plans in place for Felipe to reign for a while then abdicate. I don't believe JC would have abdicated if he was in good health and there were no scandals.

Leonore's in the same situation HM was in as heir to the throne. If a younger brother had been born Elizabeth would have been second in line to him. I don't think Letizia will have any more children, so the succession laws will probably be changed in the future. As for the future of the Royal Family, that's in the hands of the Spanish people.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2014, 10:11:57 am »

I wonder why Letizia didn't have more children.

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2014, 10:22:23 am »

It has been said that this was kind of a 'deal' with the politicians because a third pregnancy ending up in the birth of a boy would have caused some problems in a way that on the one hand many people in Spain would think it is ridiculous that a girl only takes precendence behind a brother (as is the law in Spain at the moment) but the politicians didn't want to spend time and efforts into changing the law, especially since the conservative Partido Popular (of Aznar and Roya) isn't a fan of such a change.

This is also why the couple revealed that Sofia was a girl during the pregnancy as to tell politicians they didn't have to change the law because the second one was also a girl.

Furthermore, a third child would also mean more expenses and in a time when most Spanish people had/ have to cut the budget and many couples even postpone having a child (or a second one), having a third child would have been 'undiplomatic'.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2014, 11:26:49 am »

Letizia is very petite isn't she, and she did have two ceasarians. Perhaps she was advised not to have any more by her obstetrician.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2014, 12:32:02 pm »

Could be, but the first ceasarian was done because Leonor was too early IIRC and not so much because Letizia was too petite. But perhaps these things are related...I am no OB/GYN.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2014, 12:11:54 am »

I wonder why Letizia didn't have more children.

Mainly very difficult pregnancies.

Felipe said he wanted between 3 and 5 children.

In any case there are rumours about IVF.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2014, 02:16:33 pm »

That would highly surprise me.

The couple married in May 2004 and less than 18 months later Leonor was born. So within a year of their marriage, she was pregnant. And considering that almost 50% of IVF-attempts aren't succesful the first time around, it could mean that the couple travelled almost straight from the altar to an IVF-clinic.
Now if there had been a couple of years between the marriage and the birth of the girls, the rumors might have had some legitimacy. But in this case, I sincerely doubt it.

But I guess we can at least be glad that Letizia isn't accused of using a surrogate. I guess she was just too obviously pregnant for that rumor to catch on.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2014, 05:40:45 pm »

^ sorry to disappoint you but that theory also exists.  tehe

IMO she used ivf because they already knew she would have problems to have kids.

In any case I believe that most princesses of this gen had some kind of help to get pregnant.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: