Royal Gossip
May 27, 2017, 09:00:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Juan Carlos abdicates  (Read 18345 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 03:40:46 pm »

^I'm not sure I've ever seen Kate's underwear before, Alex, during a 'blowup'.  At least this new Queen has undergarments on and it's interesting to see from your pic how much different a reaction there is than actually seeing someone's full-on behind or that awful frontal shot on the plane stairs. 

As for comparisons between Kate and this lovely woman, they're both brunette and slender; that's about all I see.  The DM cracks me up sometimes.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
berlin
Countess

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 03:58:10 pm »

There is no law in regards to abdication so Parliament will meet tomorrow and then we will know how things will go.  I don't like Bsiction, but here it's mighty convenient.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 04:01:20 pm »

In reality there are no laws about the monarchy at all....

Now that I remember when I studied constitutional law the teacher said that we wouldn't see anything about the crown as it had never been used. LOL
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:21:51 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 06:34:09 pm »

I wonder what kind of Queen Consort Letizia will make. I hope she continues to stay at Felipe's side and not run around gallivanting around the world promoting trendy causes, ignoring him.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 06:54:32 pm »

let's see KF. She wanted to be Rania. And now she has her face and the title.

There will be demonstrations in some cities today. Ive seen in my city the police preparing and people with republicans flags.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »

Letizia Ortiz, from TV presenter to queen of Spain
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/363806/lifestyle/peopleandevents/letizia-ortiz-from-tv-presenter-to-queen-of-spain
A former television presenter from a modest background, Letizia Ortiz will break the mold of the classic royal when she is crowned queen of Spain.
Ortiz, the granddaughter of a taxi driver, got married on May 22, 2004 to Crown Prince Felipe de Bourbon who is now to take over the throne after the abdication of his father, King Juan Carlos.
The couple's sumptuous and rain-soaked marriage ceremony at Madrid's Almudena Cathedral ended years of speculation over the love life of the prince, five years older than her.
The photogenic 41-year-old will be the first Spanish-born queen since Maria de las Mercedes de Orleans y Bourbon, first wife of Felipe's great-grandfather Alfonso XIII, who died in 1904.
Even before joining the royal family, Ortiz was a well-known face in her job as evening news presenter for Spanish national television TVE.
Previously, she had worked for a Spanish newswire and various newspapers before moving into television.
The bride's modest background and divorcee status shocked some in Spain. She married former literature teacher Alonso Guerrero in a civil ceremony in her mid-20s but the pair split up within months.
But her down-to-earth attitude and elegant dress style brought a welcome touch to the Spanish monarchy, which was restored in 1975 on the death of General Francisco Franco.
When Felipe interrupted Ortiz at their official engagement presentation as she explained how she would gradually leave her job at TVE, the future queen snapped at him: "Let me finish!"
During her first years as princess, Ortiz struggled to gain the affection of Spaniards, who often criticized her as being distant and cold at public events.
But public sympathy for Ortiz soared after her 31-year-old sister Erika committed suicide in February 2007.
Dressed in black and pregnant with her second child, Ortiz broke down in tears as she briefly addressed a crowd of reporters after leaving a memorial mass for her sister.
"Thanks to all who have felt sadness over the death of my little sister," said Ortiz as she clung to the arm of Felipe.
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 09:26:37 pm »

Haha. Well done, Juan Carlos. He's handed his son and daughter-in-law a hot potato of colossal proportions. He'll live the rest of his life without a care in the world, enjoying the perks of being a retired King and watching these two good-for-nothings sweat it out. The situation in Spain is at its worst right now. Nobody with half a brain would want to be in the position these two are very soon going to find themselves in. It will be fun to watch, that's for sure.

Well! That was certainly a surprise. The DM claims Letizia is popular in Spain, being seen as a modern woman.

LOL. The joke was good enough.

Yes, apparently Letizia has been attacked mercilessly over the years

She's earned it.

Indeed no competition. Letizia had her own career; she worked for TVE (the Spanish version of the BBC) and she reported on the events of 9/11 f.e. For a reporter to be send to the US/ NY, she must have been a highflyer at the television-station.

Ummm... Do you know why she worked for TVE and reported those particular events?

Letizia knocks spots off wasty, in every way.  A very good article for Letizia.  At least she doesn´t prance around showing her crotch or her butt, unlike wasty.  The two pics below say it all for me, the difference between the wheat and the chaff.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/02/article-2646060-1E68028700000578-227_472x657.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/02/article-2646060-01B7044B00000514-679_472x657.jpg

Interesting. What about this picture? What does it say to you?

http://de10.com.mx/img/promos/mana.jpg

I wonder what kind of Queen Consort Letizia will make. I hope she continues to stay at Felipe's side and not run around gallivanting around the world promoting trendy causes, ignoring him.

Well, she'll pretty much want to be a 9-5 Queen. Princess Doolittle is not likely to change after all these years.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 09:28:44 pm »

let's see KF. She wanted to be Rania. And now she has her face and the title.

I just hope that Letizia doesn't leave her husband alone all the time; Spain is different than Jordan and Rania has faced a huge backlash. If Leti starts running around the world and leaves her husband alone, it will make things difficult. Now is the time for her to stand by her man.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 09:41:58 pm »

@Rock n Royal the main problem is that it seems that nothing has been thought too much. There has been no news on what will happen with JC and the Queen. Neither in terms of money, titles or whatever.

@gingerboy24 sorry but before seeing Kate's knickers we saw first Leti's http://blogdelatele.blogspot.com.es/2007/08/fotos-y-vdeo-revista-hola-y-doa-letizia.html

Unlike wasty with her crotchgate shot at NZ airport showing an infected crotch full frontal to the world wide press, Letizia did have under wear on.  In fact, compared to wasty's exposure to the world Letizia's photo could be termed modest.  How many of these moments have we had from wasty, and I see some mag has said

She’s been with The Firm for more than three years. She is married to a man who will be king, and she gave birth to a baby who will be king. It’s time for her to literally put on her big-girl panties, not to mention adding some weights to all of her hems. Or, you know, maybe not. Because all things royal have to come with some absurdity, the UK papers claim that Kate still doesn’t want to change her “going commando under a light, fluttery dress” ways. So she’s just hiring someone to keep an eye on her bum. Seriously.

And a comment

Queen Elizabeth needs to put a stop to this behavior now. I think Kate is a spoiled, entitled nitwit that was raised with the attitude that society must conform for her and not she for it. She should be willing to do whatever it takes to properly serve the society that she committed herself to by marrying the Prince. I believe this story, and I also believe the stories of her being nothing but a closed-mouth slut in college that would do anything to get the Duchess title. I dislike her incredibly now.

I find it very unacceptable that wasty thinks the rf should bow to her terms and demands. She stalked long enough to get into that family, and now she is more or less sticking two fingers in the air to them and saying I don't give a cuss, I will do exactly what I want to do.  HM is ridiculous to put up with it. She should send them packing, and fast.  Just who does wasty think she is, she was nothing but a booty call for 10 years, she should be so snooty.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:43:53 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 09:57:51 pm »

Isn't this the third or fourth abdication and recent years? Is there a trend or something?

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 10:12:09 pm »

at least Letizia was wearing underpants when the wind got her skirts and she is not a repeat offender.

She has impressed me - she works hard at her charities - she is on several international committees and it is obvious that she is not just there for a meet and greet collect the floral bouquet.  I often see her carrying papers and reports etc to her meetings so she is a participant.  I like her style - she dresses professionally and fashionably but not ostentatiously.

I'd expect Queen Sofia to keep up her charity work.
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 11:46:46 pm »

at least Letizia was wearing underpants when the wind got her skirts and she is not a repeat offender.

We've seen Letizia's underpants many times. First one, during her honeymoon. The pictures showing her underpants were banned by the Royal House but all the reporters said that they saw her underwear.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5049/hm20ap317410guest7ik.jpg

And many other times.

At least we haven't repeatedly seen Kate's because of her poor choice of see-through clothes:

http://www.vanitatis.com/cache/2012/11/27/81leti-d.jpg

http://www.vanitatis.com/cache/2012/11/08/8berzas.jpg

At least Kate doesn't display tasteless fake breasts at royal weddings:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2350/872673polfotobb8.jpg

At least Kate doesn't display her rotten teeth for everyone to see:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRcLmRVi_5DWJZvJdxcTGiOpd_Sez-HOGgLIalxHUkc2vykKb-

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg66/Arualzgz/DibujoZ.jpg

http://www.hola.com/bodaprincipe/2004/02/28/findesemanacandanchu/imgs/ppeyletizia-candanchu4b.jpg

At least Kate doesn't use fake bottoms:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZsP36QGq0-tWVLs479KN8ebk9FPvbXdFA5aRes1Mh8EVrXKys5Q

Kate is not the perfect princess, alright, but she's no worse than Letizia.

She has impressed me - she works hard at her charities - she is on several international committees and it is obvious that she is not just there for a meet and greet collect the floral bouquet.  I often see her carrying papers and reports etc to her meetings so she is a participant.  I like her style - she dresses professionally and fashionably but not ostentatiously.

huh She carries blank papers and poses for the pictures sitting at the table with the true professionals while holding a pen and pretending to be an important and active participant but she's just there for the pic.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 12:25:01 am »

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 12:27:41 am »

JC really is a good lesson in how egotism will get you in the end - this is a man who guided his nation to democracy - and who was loved for that.  But now - he indulges his worst passions - mistresses - hunts - and destroys the affection people had for him and wipes away the memory of his work to bring Spain to democracy.  A lesson here. 

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 12:50:23 am »

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 01:01:01 am »

I don't think so Magnolia - the British think their RF is superior to everyone else's so no abdication for them.  Anyway - JC had become deeply unpopular - HM is still beloved.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 03:16:32 am »

Poor Charles seeing another royal younger than him taking up on the throne must totally suck for him knowing his mother will only step down upon her death and I pray to whatever is out there that HM stays around for a very long time....will be interesting to see How things run under a new ruler
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 08:56:35 am »

Mari Ángeles Alcázar has just said on the radio that the polls have been showing for quite a while now that Felipe's popularity and likeability decrease when Letizia is with him.

I don't think so Magnolia - the British think their RF is superior to everyone else's so no abdication for them.  Anyway - JC had become deeply unpopular - HM is still beloved.

Many years ago I had a teacher from the UK who told me that he didn't think his country's Queen should abdicate. There are people in Spain who think she should have done that already because Charles is getting old and it's about time he becomes king. My teacher said "Why should she?". I think it pretty much sums it all up. While the idea of a monarchy as a political system doesn't sit well with me, I like Queen Elizabeth. I think she truly loves her country and wants what's best for it. As far as I'm concerned, people in Spain love the William and Kate but they do it for the same reasons they love Felipe and Letizia: they see the youth in them, the looks, the clothes and they think they are better than the ones who came before. Window dressing, if you ask me.

So now the press says it'll be Queen Letizia the UK will start more than ever with the please Charlie boy move over and let Wimpo first rule ahead of you we need a young King even though he sucks!!!

It's been like that in Spain for quite a while, too. They've been mercilessly pestering us for years with how intelligent and out of this world Felipe is, how amazing is IQ is, how much he knows about everything... Please, have these people heard him speak? My God...

rainbow
courtier

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 11:41:10 am »

Oh well at least there is no doubt she actually wears  knickers!
Rock n royal
courtier

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 02:17:38 pm »

I read somewhere last night there had been demonstrations across Spain. I couldn't tell if they were pro republican or pro JC. Does anyone have any more information about this please?

Wearing three-inch heels and a striking red designer outfit, she might have expected her husband to give her an easy start.
But William showed no interest in holding back, sending his first ball whizzing inches from her face. Steve Robson - Mirror online

"There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life, the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs."  - P.Coelho
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: