Royal Gossip
September 20, 2017, 12:08:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earthquake  (Read 12216 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: June 02, 2014, 05:52:53 am »

Earthquake Today in California: Quake in Los Angeles, Long Beach, LA, Westwood, Santa Monica, Culver City on Sunday

A 3.8-magnitude earthquake hit near Westwood, Calif., on Sunday night and a number of people indicated that they felt it on social media websites.

The quake hit at around 7:36 local time, the US Geological Survey said.

It had a depth of 0.1 kilometer, meaning it was shallow.

The quake was centered also near Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Culver City, and Los Angeles.

It’s unclear if there was any damage done.

An earthquake hit off the coast of Southern California two days ago.

AP: Small earthquakes recorded in Oklahoma

CHOCTAW, Okla. (AP) — The U.S. Geological Survey has recorded several small earthquakes during the weekend in Oklahoma.
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/709494-earthquake-today-in-california-quake-in-los-angeles-long-beach-la-westwood-santa-monica-culver-city-on-sunday/

Never experience an earthquake. We get hurricanes ,and the season just open up.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 06:07:14 am »

^These aren't fun, that's for sure.  I've been in a lot of tremors/earthquakes and even a couple of bigger ones but it's amazing the amount of denial you experience.  Well, I did anyway.  They don't last long and as soon as you've figured out what's happening, it's over.  What I don't like is the one time one hit the I-5 outside of LA and I was on the freeway.  Most people out there are excellent drivers and picked up on it so it wasn't a big deal but it's still freaky as he@@.  Maybe it's time to buy some beach property in El Cajon...hmmm.

J/K.  I hope everyone living thing is safe and ok!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 12:50:42 am »

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Residents of the city of Adak on Alaska's Aleutian Islands evacuated the town site and gathered on a nearby hill Monday after a magnitude-8.0 earthquake prompted a tsunami warning for part of the island chain.

"We're seeing water leave our bay, so we do have everybody up on the Bering Hill area, where our primary evacuation center is at," City Manager Layton Lockett told The Associated Press by telephone as he gathered some last paperwork before heading out himself to join about 300 residents at the center.

About 200 miles west, a tsunami wave of about 7 inches was reported at Amchitka Island, said Jeremy Zidek, a spokesman for the Alaska Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/23/earthquake-aleutians/11282909/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 02:41:42 am »

USGS: 7 small earthquakes shake central Oklahoma
GUTHRIE, Okla. (AP) — The U.S. Geological Survey has recorded seven small earthquakes shaking central Oklahoma in a span of just about 14 hours.

They ranged from magnitude 2.6 to 2.9 and were centered in the Guthrie, Jones and Langston areas, 15 miles to 30 miles northeast of Oklahoma City. The USGS said the quakes were recorded between 7:57 p.m. Saturday and 9:51 a.m. Sunday. No injuries or damage were reported.

Those follow four other quakes, including a 4.3-magnitude temblor near Langston recorded shortly after noon Saturday. The other Saturday morning quakes ranged in magnitude from 2.9 to 3.2.

The Oklahoma Geological Survey has said the state is experiencing unprecedented earthquake activity and that his agency is closely monitoring it to determine whether the quakes are a natural phenomenon or are man-made.
http://news.msn.com/us/usgs-7-small-earthquakes-shake-central-oklahoma

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 05:08:44 am »

those Oklahoma quakes are worrying -

seems like a lot of seismic activity lately
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 07:39:02 pm »

3 people critically injured after California quake
Two adults and one child have critical injuries and Queen of the Valley hospital has treated 87 people, the city of Napa in California wine country said in a statement Sunday. Most patients have cuts, bumps, bruises, said Vanessa DeGier, spokeswoman for the hospital in Napa. She says the facility has treated a hip fracture and heart attack, but it's unclear if it was related to the 6.0-magnitude earthquake. The hospital has set up a triage tent and many people are still coming in, DeGier said.

The quake caused six significant fires, including at a mobile home part, Napa Division Fire Chief Darren Drake said. Four mobile homes have been destroyed and two others damaged, the city said. Several other smaller fires have been reported and firefighting efforts have been complicated by broken water mains.
http://news.msn.com/us/3-people-critically-injured-after-california-quake

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 04:53:09 am »

USGS: 7.3-magnitude earthquake strikes off Indonesia

earthquake struck 150 kilometers (93 miles) north-northwest off the coast of Kota Ternate, Indonesia, on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

The quake struck at 10:31 a.m. local time at a depth of 47 kilometers (29.2 miles), according to the USGS.

No Pacific-wide destructive tsunami is expected, but "hazardous tsunami waves are possible for coasts located within 300 km (186 miles) of the earthquake epicenter," according to the National Weather Service Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/14/world/asia/indonesia-earthquake/index.html

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 02:03:27 pm »

Nepal earthquake: Death toll rises above 3,000
At least 3,617 people are now known to have died in a massive earthquake which hit Nepal on Saturday, police say
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32475030

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 03:22:32 pm »

^This is a horrific happening and I can only imagine the difficulties all the way around.  I do have to ask, though, how many countries are pitching in?  We in the US have leaped in financially and physically immediately, however resented we are worldwide, and China and Pakistan.  As well as the charities but it continues to amaze me that the countries that bash us the most are invisible in times such as these.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 03:51:34 pm »

This is an appalling situation. So much devastation and loss of life.

Nepal is popular with Australian travellers and there are Australians working for charities there. One of our citizens was killed on Everest and over 300 Aussies are missing.

The Australian Government immediately offered help and 5 million in aid. It will reassess the situation over the next couple of days and will see what is needed most.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 04:33:19 pm »

The UK gave £5 million in aid, sent eleven tonnes of equipment including tents, axes etc., and several Search and Rescue teams shortly after the disaster was known.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 05:33:01 pm »

Good to hear!  We've given Pakistan over $2B and Nepal close to half a billion.  Nepal is entirely dependent upon outside sources at all times.  But, as much as I understand what a tragedy this is, we've given plenty and continue to do so.  As a fundraiser, however, the monies should be put heavily into the rescue charities whose monies are deeply depleted.  So, if you've a mind to, remember the IRC (international rescue committee).  They're tops.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 09:34:00 pm »

Nepal earthquake: Eight million people affected, UN says
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32492232

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 02:08:59 am »

You know, with all the media attention on one family, I wonder how many ppl stop and even think of the poor children injured or worse in this last earthquake.

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 02:54:47 am »

Looks like mother earth is thrilled with the new baby tehe
Sorry bad joke....
 hope those new quakes don't cause to much damage in the US and indonesia, because sadly my pockets are empty donated my last 5buck to nepal literaly!

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 06:07:33 am »

We had a quake here in the midwest today or yesterday (what time zone am I in?).  Anyway, as hard as this is to believe the midwest of the US is on a major fault line.  It hit once and the Mississippi went backwards!

Anyway, the Nepal earthquake is just beyond horrific.  Those poor, poor people.  Our local Red Cross and church are busy helping but this is going to take years. 

Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 02:34:03 am »

I hope everyone is ok in your corner of the wood's yoop  hug

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 05:19:23 am »

^We're fine but thank you!!!  It was a small one.  Nothing to compare with Nepal plus we have stronger building structures in the States than poor Nepal's setup.

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 03:13:26 pm »

Well just take care all you USA girls.  Everyone actually, as there seems to be a lot of activity of late. Just stay safe!  hug

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 03:27:49 pm »

^Are you a sweetheart.  Thank you and same back! flower

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: