Royal Gossip
July 28, 2017, 01:37:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Protocol Including How To Dress and Behave  (Read 7126 times)
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 11:50:56 pm »

^Oof that's harsh!
Even if that would be the case (which can't be proved one way or the other) please be careful with those insinuations on a public board... nervous spy

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 01:46:25 am »

^^Yeah, let's be careful with insinuations of racism, please.  Thank you.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 03:00:09 am »

I think the Queen needs to get over herself and so does the public; Michelle Obama was being friendly and down to earth and I admire how Michelle brought a homey attitude towards the visit to HM and it's the kind of behavior that HM is hyped as enjoying. It's not scandalous since I'm sure HM has been in weirder situations and I do think Kate needs to get over herself as well. Diana handled foreign cultures better and protocol needs to be trimmed down to good manners, restraint, and respect for rank. Not just in showing the right manners in public, but in NEVER challenging the authority of the Sovereign.

Kate and other married in royals have been showing a more frequent lack of respect for the head of their respective houses. One thing to get a gaffe at a state dinner or in a procession, quite another when one is making public war on their Sovereign. I'd be less worried about a gaffe over which fork to use rather than if the royal in question was trying to mess with the succession or the stability of the family.

Because William and Kate's wedding wasn't deemed a 'State Occasion' no Heads of State were invited other than extended family - such as the monarchs of Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Spain.

President Reagan was invited to Charles and Diana's wedding but couldn't attend due to the fact he was still recovering from the assassination attempt.

As for Coronations in the UK - protocol dictates that no Heads of State attend at all - Crown Princes and VPs but not the actual Head of State.

That could change in the future of course but that has been the case in the past.

Queen Mary changed the protocol on the Queen Consort of the previous monarch attending the coronation of the new monarch when she went to George VI's coronation but she hadn't intended on going to Edward VIII's. The decision was changed after the abdication to show a united fact to the world. So protocol can be changed if the circumstances warrant it.

Truth be told, if there are other heads of state, an invitation should have been issued as at least a gesture of goodwill. William isn't the Heir, but he has to get going on his rubbing shoulders with heads of state and needs to build these ties to protect his future interests.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 06:09:20 am »

^^Well, the Commonwealth Governors General and/or Prime Ministers were invited to William's wedding, and they are just as pertinent if not more so, to William's future interests. They came rather than Heads of State and some monarchs because the Commonwealth is extremely important to the BRF.
michelle0187
courtier

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 04:37:58 pm »

lbr, the problem Kate has with Lebron is not that he was sweaty or touching her, it's that he is black. She tends to make that face around black people, unless you happen to be Beyonce & Jay Z. She's certainly okay with giggling around & publicly touching rich white guys she isn't married to  bored3
She was very stiff during the u.s visit and brightened up meeting jay and Bey because she was obviously a fan. There is no way to prove she has an issue with black people.
spanishlover
Baroness

want to find real love at last!

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 07:43:02 pm »

plus kate was cheesing REALLY REALLY hard around idris lba...
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 09:09:37 pm »

^REALLY hard. To the point where I was second hand embarrassed for her.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
michelle0187
courtier

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 04:06:47 am »

Idris wasn't having any of it
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 04:54:45 am »

I do think Kate needs to stop it with the Victorian sensibilities. During the NZ trip, it was rumored that Kate wouldn't be able to handle seeing the bare breasts of Maori tribeswomen and Kate did look like a fool gaping at the women as they greeted her.

Queen Jetsun Pema is the ideal for a consort; endlessly beautiful, simple coiffure and modestly dressed. Doesn't violate protocol and has a discreet family.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 03:36:08 pm »

A few years ago, Rita Wilson wrote a fun article about dress protocol and finding the right gown to wear for dining at Buckingham Palace.

Rita Wilson: The Queen and I
It was a dream invitation: dinner at Buckingham Palace. Now all Rita Wilson needed was the gown — not to mention a crash course in royal protocol. Read her story below.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a740/rita-wilson-buckingham-palace-dinner/

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 03:39:02 pm »

^ thankyou

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 12:25:22 am »

How should a gentleman wear his top hat?   
http://www.silktophats.eu/historytophat.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: