Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 08:11:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumblings  (Read 28853 times)
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2013, 05:06:40 am »

Haakon seems like a decent soul and he surely is attached to the boy so I would bet that he'll continue a relationship with him and continue to provide him with some assistance as he grows.

Mete is just a fool - but Haakon should have considered the points his family and everyone else was making - I feel bad for him - after all he did for her.  But the warning signs certainly were there.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2013, 05:51:03 am »

I sometimes blame his upbringing; forcing kids to be self sufficient at an early age ends up burdening them badly and at times, they become weak at the moment that they should be strong. I've been there and believe me it messes you up. His generosity is admirable and go figure, the woman throws it back in his face wanting more.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Principe Raphael
royal watcher

« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2014, 03:07:50 am »

BUMP.  It seemed silly to start an entirely new thread.

I feel bad for Haakon, especially with all of the hand-wringing and drama he went through to make Mette-Marit his bride in the first place.  Not to mention his mother and father went through something very similar when they wanted to marry.  At least it's calmed a bit - for now.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2014, 04:03:56 pm »

I don't know Principe.  Mette looked very dissatisfied at the German state visit.  Perhaps she felt she didn't get enough playtime in New York.  She looks like one of those modern independent women who feel can't be themselves because of the  husband and marriage.  So she's looking for a way out when all the cards will work in her favor.  Screw the loving and devoted husband, kids and inlaws.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:06:02 pm by berlin » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2014, 08:13:58 pm »

Modern? Independent?

Neither word describes her; she was shifting along for herself (honest work, but she wasn't really doing much else) until Haakon came along. If she walks, the cards will never be in her favor, ever.

Who is she to be snotty about not being able to go to New York?

If the rumors are true, then she might go to New York for her fling, but get caught this time and what then? The RF would have little choices other than to boot her trifling self out or end up in some kind of unpleasant limbo, where she's part of the RF, but horribly discredited (like Fergie).

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2014, 08:43:06 pm »

There is already a thread for snarking on Mette http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/index.php/topic,4528.0.html so let's keep this one on the possible divorce/separation.

I found strange that she wasn't in one of the most important events, the centenary of Norwegian constitution when even the danish RF was there.

It's like she is still in the RF but not there completely  huh

I doubt it would harm Haakon if he divorces so it's really weird what is going on with these two.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
berlin
Countess

« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2014, 09:03:28 pm »

I don't see the King abdicating due to Haakon and MM's marital issues.  That needs to be sorted quick.  Long live the King!
Principe Raphael
royal watcher

« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2014, 02:11:42 am »

I think sometimes that Haakon, as much as I like him, is a bit "whipped".
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2014, 03:40:07 am »

I don't see the King abdicating due to Haakon and MM's marital issues.  That needs to be sorted quick.  Long live the King!

What if they're never sorted? This kind of limbo can't exist forever.

She is so worthless.

benign
Duchess

« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2014, 09:01:27 pm »

I think sometimes that Haakon, as much as I like him, is a bit "whipped".
whipped maybe but too proud to realized what everyone thought of her was somewhat true. I dont think it will hurt him to divorce her afterall, the drama has already started and reasons have already been laid out.

yup...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:03:34 pm by benign » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2014, 09:10:15 pm »

To save face, if he leaves her, he will likely make sure that there is cast iron proof (likely) of her cheating on him and he'll lay it out so the world won't condemn or laugh at him (although he'll have to suffer looking like a fool for believing she could ever be decent in the first place) and the NRF will be able to avoid giving her too much via a divorce settlement. Sometimes I think adultery should be considered a reason for a cessation of spousal support.

She wants to mess around behind her husband's back, she can do it on her own dime after there is a divorce.

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2014, 09:17:51 pm »

The problem with Mette-Marit is that she considered Haakon (or any man) as the answer to all her problems. Instead of taking control of her own life, she gives me the impression that she waited for the (wealthy) guy to come along and give her access to all she wanted.
Like attending university after her marriage (although she never graduated for a full course I understand). She could easily have done that prior to meeting Haakon. In Norway, attending a state university is very inexpensive and the possibilities for day-care are abundant and not expensive for single mothers according to a female colleague of mine.
So she could have gone to university despite having a son. But she didn't. She waited tables (granted, that is better than sitting at home collecting benefits) but when Haakon came along, all of a sudden she had all these ideas for her future.

And the things the RF has arranged for her, including the UN-work, she is only doing lukewarm and she never seems to care on these UN-meetings and visits. Very unlike Mary of Denmark who seems very committed to the work of Unicef, visiting children in refugee camps and in discussions she has with people she seems involved and dedicated. Just like Queen Maxima whose heart is in finance and inclusive finance is just in her alley and she has made major differences in the lives of many through her work and by getting it on the global agenda.
For MM work for the UN is only a cover of yet another Met Gala attendance of another shopping trip in the Big Apple.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2014, 03:04:47 am »

If there is a divorce I don't think Mette-Marrit will be getting too much in the way of a divorce settlement, simply because the Norwegian Royal Family don't have much to spare.

Because it's quite a new monarchy in comparison to most, there hasn't been time for a huge private fortune to be built up. When you consider the first (modern) Norwegian King was a younger son in the Danish royal family, I don't think he ascended the throne with large amounts of money at his disposal, and it's been virtually the same ever since.

I'm not saying, of course, that Mette-Marrit would be poverty- stricken, but I do think the settlement would be modest by royal standards.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2014, 04:06:14 am »

I'm glad she won't be getting a palace apartment, fat check, and mounds of jewels as a settlement; if she was messing around on her husband, she should get her arse kicked out and while a nice place is needed (I guess), she has no business being kept up in style.

The problem with Mette-Marit is that she considered Haakon (or any man) as the answer to all her problems. Instead of taking control of her own life, she gives me the impression that she waited for the (wealthy) guy to come along and give her access to all she wanted.
Like attending university after her marriage (although she never graduated for a full course I understand). She could easily have done that prior to meeting Haakon. In Norway, attending a state university is very inexpensive and the possibilities for day-care are abundant and not expensive for single mothers according to a female colleague of mine.
So she could have gone to university despite having a son. But she didn't. She waited tables (granted, that is better than sitting at home collecting benefits) but when Haakon came along, all of a sudden she had all these ideas for her future.

And the things the RF has arranged for her, including the UN-work, she is only doing lukewarm and she never seems to care on these UN-meetings and visits. Very unlike Mary of Denmark who seems very committed to the work of Unicef, visiting children in refugee camps and in discussions she has with people she seems involved and dedicated. Just like Queen Maxima whose heart is in finance and inclusive finance is just in her alley and she has made major differences in the lives of many through her work and by getting it on the global agenda.
For MM work for the UN is only a cover of yet another Met Gala attendance of another shopping trip in the Big Apple.

I cannot imagine how the RF must be seething about all the opportunities she threw back in their faces. As for Haakon, he never should have hooked up with a woman with her past choices; she chose to go on asinine dating shows and decided to drift shiftless and in the same circle after another.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2014, 02:58:05 pm »

I think what would make MM really go is having a wealthy and powerful replacement to Haakon.  I'm sure she's realized that by now.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2014, 09:55:11 pm »

Yet, if the NRF ends up dropping her first, what then?

Principe Raphael
royal watcher

« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2014, 02:18:00 am »

Haakon seems so intelligent and self-assured in other aspects of his life; what was he thinking when he married this one?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2014, 04:28:10 am »

Haakon thought that there was something good there that only HE could see.

Principe Raphael
royal watcher

« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2014, 11:46:41 pm »

Haakon thought that there was something good there that only HE could see.
Or what he could feel.  I think he got a little whipped.  Who was he dating before he met Mette-Marit?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2014, 04:11:13 am »

Truth be told, I am certain it was a good bonk, but the other issue is how men like him idealistically think that there is something about these dysfunctional messes that exists, that only THEY see and then go figure, he ends up making the mistake of not listening to everyone who is in fact, telling the truth.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: