Royal Gossip
August 18, 2017, 12:09:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I banned or on a naughty list or???  (Read 22952 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2015, 03:54:18 pm »

^if you haven't received a pm about being banned then it's a host problem. We always tell before doing it. If you can't access the forum then try another device to see if you can enter from there. Like from cellphone.

In any case I will tell yooper because she was investigating why was this happening.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2015, 04:34:31 pm »

I can say this:  If you're able to post, you're obviously not banned.  If it goes in/out, it's not on our end and this has happened to a few people before as Alex said, all from the London area server.

What has worked in the past is to do a couple of things:

1.  Try signing in from a remote location, i.e., work, a friend's computer.
2.  Completely reboot your laptop or shut down/start up your iPad, smartphone
3.  Use a different browser.  Google Chrome seems to be one that works as does Safari.  Biggest issues with Internet Explorer.

I hope this helps and, no, you are not banned, Whiffy.

YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2015, 04:56:42 pm »

^Part 2 would better be reboot the router! No need to reboot the pc. Clean the cache and try with the router before doing that.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2015, 06:39:54 pm »

^Good point.  I'd still reboot my own system first but that's Mac-speak.  A Mac will adjust to and correct the router not the other way around.  It depends upon what system a person is using.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2015, 06:52:28 pm »

Try both things and see what happens!

Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2015, 09:19:11 pm »

It's stopped now, I just stayed off for a few days. The first time I came back and searched through all my posts to see what I'd said that could be taken the wrong way. I will say my piece if need be, but don't sink into insults (unless you're one of my brothers easter-lol. We've never grown up).
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2015, 09:34:18 pm »

^Please remember, and this goes for everybody, I (or Alex) sends an email letting you know that you have been banned and if that has failed for whatever reason, it is mentioned on the forum directly, so stop worrying.  You'll know if you're ever banned but I don't see that as being very likely.   flower

theduchess
Baroness

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2015, 10:49:53 pm »

I have this now and again. As quick as it starts it sorts its self out. I don't know why it does it, I kept rebooting my router, clearing my internet history but nothing would work and what I though was strange is that it would be from different computers with different IPs and service providers an even my mobile internet sometimes. It always sorts itself out though and after the shock of it happening the first time, I know that one of the mods would email me if something was genuinely wrong so it doesn't bother me as much now.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:52:09 pm by theduchess » Logged

All my life, I've been fighting my way upstream.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2015, 03:15:15 am »

^It's a puzzler, that's for sure.  Whenever I look at the IP, it's always the same provider right from an area new BP in London.  I'm not saying that BP has anything to do with it but it looks to be near a library which may have security codes that interfere?  I don't know.  My very best advice is to call your IP and discuss it with them.  They'll have a history and can explain or possibly correct the problem from the source. 

Thank you and please keep us posted.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: