Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:42:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Shand (Camilla's brother) dies in NY  (Read 11393 times)
Rock n royal
courtier

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 03:08:02 pm »

No matter what my personal thoughts are towards Camilla, to pry into the families grief the way the press have is wrong, wrong, wrong!

So sad for all the family, his many friends and of course the elephants. He will be missed. RIP.

Wearing three-inch heels and a striking red designer outfit, she might have expected her husband to give her an easy start.
But William showed no interest in holding back, sending his first ball whizzing inches from her face. Steve Robson - Mirror online

"There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life, the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs."  - P.Coelho
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 09:42:59 pm »

If someone please could copy Tanna's twits on the topic, he says that the press was invited to this

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 10:57:47 pm »

^Yeah, I'd like to see evidence of that, too.  Otherwise, it's really invasive and in poor taste.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 11:24:37 pm »

Niraj Tanna ‏@IkonPictures 5h

I find it odd that Buck Palace invite members of the press to cover a funeral but complain about privacy on normal occasions.

Niraj Tanna ‏@IkonPictures 5h

The one time when most would consider photos at a funeral an invasion of privacy the palace invite the press. #wierd

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 12:17:55 am »

^That IS very, very weird.  I am utterly confused.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
berlin
Countess

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 12:46:12 am »

Perhaps the Palace thinks this would make great PR for Camilla?
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 01:00:04 am »

so the palace wanted the world to see that Camz has a big heart and can cry tears for other people, is this a stunt to show the world that Camz cares about other people than herself

RIP to her brother but seriously it's ok for the press to be invited to this yet can't be invited to other things that are held PR PR PR that's all this was....poor camz lost her brother don't we just all feel sorry for her....obviously her steps sons could care less since they're off enjoying themselves by drinking and partying for their friends wedding.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 01:26:02 am »

They should have kept the cameras away and just reported the service. I could have done without seeing Charles mourning face and close ups of Camilla. In any case it was not about them. It was about her brother and celebrating his life. Even With all his happy families spin he obviously could not get Will and Harry to cancel their trip to play doting stepsons
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:27:44 am by sandy » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2014, 01:29:42 am »

Yeah, I don't understand the rationale of this at all.  My only hope is that the media were doing a CYA.  As for at least one of Charles' sons to be there, speaking as a step mother myself, it would have meant the world to me and meant that they cared.  I cannot imagine my step children doing such a thing to me if my brother died.  If they came to the wedding, they come for the other sorrows.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2014, 01:49:54 am »

I wonder how much Will and Harry  see of Camilla's children and grandchildren and how much they saw of Mark Shand.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2014, 01:58:06 am »

^Well, again, speaking from the viewpoint of a step mother, it wouldn't be how much my step children would have known my brother, he would be deceased, it would be to support the family and me.  We are not the closest of families, either, but they would absolutely attend my brother's funeral.  Of that I have no doubt.  And if they didn't, they would never be at a party instead.  Not one of my children would have done that so I don't understand this british family at all.  It's cold, distant and borders on cruel sometimes. 

sandy
Princess

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2014, 02:03:33 am »

This is nothing new to William. He skipped out on a book event honoring his late mother's charity work (the book had a preface by Nelson Mandela) and his aunts attended. And he declined the invite to party a few blocks away. And this was for his mother! Or maybe the boys had a tiff with Camilla. Charles must not have been too happy about it.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2014, 02:06:59 am »

^I'll bet Charles was not too happy, either, and may explain why there are photos.  What's missing from the picture kind of thing.  Egads they're dysfunctional.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2014, 02:15:11 am »

I just feel that while William and Harry are cordial with Camilla and probably quite like her, their main objective is to keep Charles happy. He loves his sons and they him, but, just my opinion, I do think he is high maintenance and can be difficult to live with, and they know that. Both stepsons probably phoned her and expressed their sympathy, and nothing more was expected.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2014, 02:26:35 am »

I am not sure about how much they "like" Camilla. I think they have a very demanding complex father and only accepted her for his sake.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2014, 02:27:32 am »

I'm with Rosella here - I think they are respectful and cordial to her but they are not close and not expected to be close.  

Do oyu all remember Tatiana who used to post here?  She had someone in her family who was some sort of staff to the RF  can't quite remember.  But I do recall her saying that once PC died - the boys would have nothing to do with Camilla.  So I do think they appreciate that she did help their father after Di's death and she keeps him happy now.  But close - no.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 02:49:51 am »

I don't see how she helped their father after Diana's death. Charles' own relatives trash Diana to this day. Mr Sensitive he is not. Camilla even had the gall to want to walk into Diana's Memorial Service and was only stopped by complaints by the public and the media. I think Camilla always helped herself and made sure she got what Diana had. Charles would have done well to ditch her and marry someone else but he named her and was stuck with her. Charles wanted to try to whitewash the seediness of his relationship with Camilla so he concocted the Great Thirty Year Love Story.  The boys have a high maintenance father who whinges and must be catered to.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 03:41:37 am »

I don't know Sandy - there are some writers who claimed PC was very depressed and disconsolate after Diana's death - perhaps in part because of her death but also because he felt everyone blamed him.  Supposedl;y the only one who could calm him down and get him out of these dark moods was Camilla.  Hence the willingness of the boys to accept her.  I don't know if that is true - it is what is said.
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2014, 08:12:02 am »

Yes I think Camilla knows exactly how to appease the whinging prince. That is her lot in life - poor woman.

I think having the photos of Camilla looking shaken and upset at her brother's funeral with PC holding her hand and looking concerned whilst, half way round the world, PH and PW are captured on film with their Hooray Henry friends boozing and eating out is good PR for PC and Cams.

It makes the boys look heartless and juvenile and ups the sympathy quotient towards the heir and his wife.

Remember - PC is ruthless.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2014, 08:43:15 am »

I see that POV - but - the wedding has been planned for ages - they are ushers and Pelly is a good friend.  If they were my sons - I would have told them to go to the wedding.  Camilla did not need them and if they are close she knows they are sympathetic to her grief.  So why make them miss the wedding?  For all we know Harry and Will have been on the phone with her or spent time with her prior to leaving.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: