Royal Gossip
May 25, 2019, 10:43:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camilla stops Charles sulking about Kate and George's popularity  (Read 10066 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 08:57:09 pm »

I think Charles would be happy, if WK were working more and insulting him and Camilla less; Charles is after all footing Kate's spending bills and a lot of the main expenses for the couple.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 09:13:09 pm »

Charles is the one to be respected not Camilla, the former mistress turned wife who did not have royal children and did not raise them and is not William and Harry's mother.  Camilla is having lavish $$$ spent on her upkeep  and PR by Charles as well and she does the minimum. The Queen needs to get Kate and Will working since she's still in charge. Charles lowered the standards for royal wives by marrying Camilla.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 11:45:11 pm »

Charles lowered the standards for royal wives by marrying Camilla.

This is how Kate got in; asking anyone decent to willingly defer to her was impossible and second, Camilla is part of the past, not Kate and William. Kate and William are supposed to be the future of the FIRM and Kate swore up and down and around town that she would work after marriage and do all this and that.

William and Kate mouth off about being hip and the future of the monarchy, but go figure, they are the ones pushing more work on the rest of the RF and meanwhile, taking all the credit.

If I were Charles, that would tick me off and make me sulk all the time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 12:32:35 am »

PC enables W and K to live as they do - if PC wanted them to work more - he get on it and they would work more.  I suspect PC does not want too much of W and K because he wants the focus on him - he is after all the next King.  So I don't think PC sulks because of W and K not working - if he does sulk - it is because his plans to keep them out of the limelight are not working!
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 09:49:23 am »

Edward is exasperated that his wife Sophie is no longer the Queen’s favourite.

I don't believe this. If you see the body-language between the Queen and Sophie, you see that these are two women who are genuinely fond of one another. The Queen has never had that with any of her other saughters-in-law and most certainly not with Camilla.

This is just the DM trying to create drama because the drama will sell newspapers and that is what they are all about.
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 02:58:34 am »

Just saw this..what a good article. Is there really fighting going on between Charles and Andrew? Is Charles really "slimming" down the monarchy? If so, I believe that may be a good thing.

Two serpents fight one another. I bask in the glow of the conflict.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2014, 07:28:24 am »

Charles should slim the monarch and get rid of the Yorkies; they're just freeloading deadweight and will cause more problems in the future.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2014, 02:43:19 pm »

Charles has problems with his lazy WIll, his daughter in law and Harry who is trying but not doing the full weight. He may be forced to go outside the family circle. Camilla is no ball of fire in the work dept. either. I think Charles lives in a big dream world. How can Charles "get rid" of his own nieces. Shades of Richard III. LOL.
india
Princess

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2014, 05:07:57 pm »

Charles is a ruthless SOB.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2014, 05:43:24 pm »

He won't behead them, but he will use their freeloading image against them and start expecting them to make their own way and live off of their trusts. I don't think it's right that Charles is supposed to just end up supporting them himself and that is a trend that has to go.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2014, 06:31:47 pm »

He supports his lazy daughter in law. If he can't get his son and DIL to pull their weight, the Yorks could laugh in his face when it comes to his talk about "freeloading." Then there is Charles wife who has megabucks spent on trying to improve her image.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2014, 08:27:37 pm »

Just saw this..what a good article. Is there really fighting going on between Charles and Andrew? Is Charles really "slimming" down the monarchy? If so, I believe that may be a good thing.
I am not sure. If PC is thinking of slimming down the monarchy,  does this mean they will also decrease their engagement, duties and patronage? How is the RF going to determine which one will stay or go? who is going to take over the duties of the other royal family members? I highly doubt PW, WK and PH could make all those engagement considering how they are freaking lazy.
As to PA, do hope PC makes use of Beatrice and Eugenie even though some dont necessarily like them. at least theres no naked pics floating around about them like the future Queen of England and the two seem to have a good head on their shoulders even though their mother doesnt seem to have it.
 I could understand why PC is sulking, it must be quite hard to be in a position where you have been waiting all your life but still its not yours yet. Whats the purpose of working hard when that position is so far off. I really dont believe PC cares if PW and WK overshadows him. He would love to see them embrace their role but for some reason, they dont. Plus PC is used to being overshadowed considering how great his mom is as a Queen.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2014, 10:12:14 pm »

HM provides significant funds that we know of - there may be more we do not know of - to her three adult children - Andrew besides free lifetime use of the Royal Lodge including maintenance - gets around a million $ per year - Anne much less - maybe 400,000$ and Edward gets the use of a crown property as his home plus around another 200,000.

Remember Windsor is owned by the state - so PA's lifetime free ride is on the state.  Bea and Eugenie have been granted the same right - lifetime use of Royal Lodge.

PC will have to maintain the subsidies to his siblings once HM goes to her reward.  So the question is - does he want - can he even afford - to now start extending the same types of subsidies to HM's grandchildren?  He will have to continue to subsidize Harry and whatever family Harry has including housing.  So shall we add Bea to the list of people who do a few engagements a month and get a lifetime free manor house to live in as well as subsidies?  PC has decided no.  I do not blame him.  Every day you read the comments in the DM and see all these people who object to this "freeloading".  He must trim the monarchy down.  Although Bea will still get Royal Lodge at the public's expense.

The workload is not that great - you want to look at how they count engagements.  We are talking about a few hours a week.  The boys and their wives can handle that.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2014, 01:09:50 am »

I am not sure. If PC is thinking of slimming down the monarchy,  does this mean they will also decrease their engagement, duties and patronage? How is the RF going to determine which one will stay or go? who is going to take over the duties of the other royal family members? I highly doubt PW, WK and PH could make all those engagement considering how they are freaking lazy.
As to PA, do hope PC makes use of Beatrice and Eugenie even though some dont necessarily like them. at least theres no naked pics floating around about them like the future Queen of England and the two seem to have a good head on their shoulders even though their mother doesnt seem to have it.
 I could understand why PC is sulking, it must be quite hard to be in a position where you have been waiting all your life but still its not yours yet. Whats the purpose of working hard when that position is so far off. I really dont believe PC cares if PW and WK overshadows him. He would love to see them embrace their role but for some reason, they dont. Plus PC is used to being overshadowed considering how great his mom is as a Queen.

The work of Prince of Wales is hard work and it is important. He knew his mother was 22 years old when she gave birth to him and only 25 when she became Queen. He should just do the math and figure out why he's still not King.  I am not having a pity party for him. His being king does mean his mother has to die. WHy would it make him upset to have to wait for that? It's not as if Mama runs a company and has not turned it over to him yet. And if his mother abdicates Charles will be pressured to do the same which is something  I doubt he'd want to do.

cate I don't think Charles is thinking practically if he thinks Kate, Harry and William can take on all the work others used to do. Charles seems more petty to exclude the York girls and he's shooting himself in the foot.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 05:46:22 am »

^There's very little humanity in that family; I mean, I don't think he understands just how sick his perspective is, but considering how he was raised, it's no wonder he is so dehumanized about how he relates to other people.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 03:30:32 pm »

Charles is in his sixties and he is long past the point where should blame his parents for his shortcomings. He did this in the Dimbleby book. Charles can look in the mirror and see who is to blame for the mistakes he has made and his attitude. Charles clings to sycophants and hangers on who tell him how wonderful he is and he can't imagine he is not perfect that he can be wrong or behave badly.
india
Princess

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 09:13:00 pm »

What a joke he is.
Dasher
courtier

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2014, 11:38:21 pm »

Charles is in his sixties and he is long past the point where should blame his parents for his shortcomings. He did this in the Dimbleby book. Charles can look in the mirror and see who is to blame for the mistakes he has made and his attitude. Charles clings to sycophants and hangers on who tell him how wonderful he is and he can't imagine he is not perfect that he can be wrong or behave badly.

So agree sandy I think that Charlie is a person excessively preoccupied with HIMSELF! NPD, I reckon.  tehe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2014, 11:48:35 pm »

Charles is certainly one deep well of self-pity, notably about his supposed treatment during his childhood years. Poor old Camilla, Fawcett and others have the job of jollying him out of it, temporarily at least.

I doubt if he's obsessing every day about the popularity of his son and daughter-in-law though. Whatever criticisms we can all point to with Charles, and there are several, at least he keeps himself busy.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2014, 01:33:45 am »

Thankfully he does keep busy because the self pity would be unbearable if he just sat home.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: