Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 11:26:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camilla stops Charles sulking about Kate and George's popularity  (Read 9933 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: April 19, 2014, 11:25:02 am »

From 'that wicked woman' to Her Majesty's secret weapon: Camilla's the only one who stops Charles sulking about Kate and George's popularity
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608131/From-wicked-woman-Her-Majs-secret-weapon-Camillas-one-stops-Charles-sulking-Kate-Georges-popularity.html#ixzz2zKITtFQ5

Duchess of Cornwall is said to be pleased Kate is taking all the limelight
The Queen and Camilla are thought to have a lot in common
Her Majesty impressed with Camilla's 'un-showy' way and has grown fond of her

Prince Andrew is said to be furious at being relegated to a walk-on bit part in the family. Edward is exasperated that his wife Sophie is no longer the Queen’s favourite.

But one of the royals is overwhelmed by relief as crowds continue to swarm around William, Kate and baby George on their tour Down Under: the Duchess of Cornwall.

As she enters the tenth year of her marriage to the Prince of Wales, the former Mrs Parker ­Bowles ‘couldn’t be happier to see Kate ­taking all the limelight’, says one of her ­closest friends.

rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 12:42:17 pm »

Interesting article. I am sure that Camilla is expert at dealing with Charles and thank goodness for that. He does sound a bit of a moody, needy PIA.

It is quite funny about Prince Andrew and Prince Edward being sniffy about their spouses/children being downgraded. I like the sound of Anne though, she seems the most sensible of the lot.

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 01:33:31 pm »

^
I wonder how fond of Camilla the Queen actually is? The Queen likes Camilla, the boys like Camilla, I don't buy it. I think that they perhaps like the fact that she handles Charles well and as a result there is less grief.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 01:47:01 pm »

I don´t buy this story, not one bit.  Like a lot of stuff printed in the press a lot of it is made up.  I would need proof first, probably ma has put them up to this, she is not a streetfighter for nothing.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 01:57:45 pm »

At first sight it seems to be very pro Camilla but I don't get the feeling after reading it completely. It sounds very sarcastic towards her.

Also Charles needs someone to control his emotional outbursts? What is he, five?

It makes the whole family look ridiculous. Andrew whines, Edwards whines, Sophie whines... and Charles needs someone to manage him.  Shocked

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 02:05:40 pm »

^
laugh

I read somewhere that at one stage he had some really black moods and only Camilla could deal with him.  Supposedly that was why William and Harry accepted her because if they had not Charles would have cracked up.

You made me laugh. All that wealth and privilege and they whine.

terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 04:06:16 pm »

Prince Andrew is said to be furious at being relegated to a walk-on bit part in the family. Edward is exasperated that his wife Sophie is no longer the Queen’s favourite.

Oooh! Now for the continuation of drama in the House of Windsor episode 999-. easter-lol

As she enters the tenth year of her marriage to the Prince of Wales, the former Mrs Parker ­Bowles ‘couldn’t be happier to see Kate ­taking all the limelight’, says one of her ­closest friends.

Oh! Sure...whatever.  bored3  Yet, she has to pacify and console her infantile, discontented husband whenever he pouts and has tantrums because of said popularity contest. That's a full time job right there! Charles doesn't need a wife. He needs a nanny.  Sure, she didn't have a drink in hand?  easter-lol

She had no desire for the unnecessary trappings of a royal title — yet these days we know her as HRH the Duchess of Cornwall.
Hmm...  bored3

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 07:35:15 pm »

if Andrew had worked once  in awhile instead of playing golf and hanging around with pedophiles he might have earned the respect and affection of the British people so that PC could not make him irrelevant.

I'd say this is another article - probably accurate from what
we know about the royals - but is still another attempt to get Camilla to the throne as Queen consort
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 09:55:43 pm »

I don't think the Queen is fond of Camilla, she has to put up with her because her child-man Charles will sulk and pout. He needs the nanny around. Such dysfunction.

I don't think Camilla is the Queen's favorite, I think she likes Sophie still.

It's par for the course for Charles to be jealous since he considers himself center of the universe. Charles is no better than Edward and Andrew, I think he's worse.

Judging from the comments many are not buying into this.

I actually think Charles depends more on Fawcett for comfort than Camilla but the newspapers won't print that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:57:47 pm by sandy » Logged
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 10:11:03 pm »

Yeah I think old Hot-n-Cold is Upchucky's comforter and whatever else. tehe
JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 11:36:49 am »

Duchess of Cornwall is said to be pleased Kate is taking all the limelight
The Queen and Camilla are thought to have a lot in common
Her Majesty impressed with Camilla's 'un-showy' way and has grown fond of her

How very pathetic. What a life and what a way to live one's life. Constantly joustling for position and looking over your shoulder to see if anyone is taking over you in the race for popularity. All I can do is shake my head in pity / sympathy. Again I say what a way to live one's life  sigh

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 11:56:04 am »

Sorry about the double posting but this excerpt from the article is very telling

Camilla has no such worries. As the wife of the Prince of Wales, her position as second only to the Queen is unassailable.
‘She lets people think this sort of thing matters not a jot to her,’ says an aide, ‘but the truth is, attention is addictive. Everyone in the Royal Family likes the limelight.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608131/From-wicked-woman-Her-Majs-secret-weapon-Camillas-one-stops-Charles-sulking-Kate-Georges-popularity.html#ixzz2zW7LRkYF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

We all know that almost all the members of the BRF lives and dies by PR and racking up points on the popularity stake.  And anyone who marries in will soon become like that. Constantly joustling for popularity / relevance.

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
sandy
Princess

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 03:23:18 pm »

If Camilla did not want this she would never have become the Prince's mistress--she got perks and Charles' friends and circle kow towed to her.  And she wanted what Diana had. The way she smirks at cameras shows that she loves the attention.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 06:19:03 am »

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 10:34:30 am »

I have a feeling that when the Queen proves mortal in in-fighting will start big time.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 03:18:41 pm »

Charles always wanted to be the Center of the Universe and gets jealous of anybody who is more popular. Diana was in a no-win situation--she pitched in and worked hard but from the outset Chuck got jealous of how the public took to her. If she didn't work hard she'd have been criticized and she did work hard so hubby got jealous and ran to his nanny/mistress all upset. It's not the DM that is undoing Chuck it's his own weaknesses. He shot himself in the foot on many an occasion.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 07:00:48 pm »

^^ah Freya you have said it - it will be like a tsunami.  All the jealousies and resentments kept in check by HM will explode.  The entire power relationships will be altered and the jockeying for position will be intense - those who are now children of the monarch will be relegated to being siblings of the monarch - less position.  Those who are now grandchildren will become nieces and nephews - again - less position.  Harry Kate and Will  will rise in the ranks - the rest will fall.  And PC will not put up with PA's scandals and missteps. 
Rock n royal
courtier

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 07:08:24 pm »

I have a feeling that when the Queen proves mortal in in-fighting will start big time.

Not only infighting, which I do think is going to spill into the tabloids, but also a whole host of things that have been kept quiet in reverence to HM. I just hope HM has a long, long life as I really do see very troubled times ahead for the monarchy once the Queen shuffles off this mortal coil.

Wearing three-inch heels and a striking red designer outfit, she might have expected her husband to give her an easy start.
But William showed no interest in holding back, sending his first ball whizzing inches from her face. Steve Robson - Mirror online

"There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life, the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs."  - P.Coelho
sandy
Princess

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 07:24:42 pm »

^^ah Freya you have said it - it will be like a tsunami.  All the jealousies and resentments kept in check by HM will explode.  The entire power relationships will be altered and the jockeying for position will be intense - those who are now children of the monarch will be relegated to being siblings of the monarch - less position.  Those who are now grandchildren will become nieces and nephews - again - less position.  Harry Kate and Will  will rise in the ranks - the rest will fall.  And PC will not put up with PA's scandals and missteps.  

Charles cannot get on his high horse and be judgmental considering his own scandals and missteps. But he can try. At least Andrew treated his ex better than Charles treated Diana.

I don't think Zara or Peter and their families will care less what Uncle Chuck does. Charles may find it hard to spread out the work among Camilla who does the minimum and lazy, Kate and Will and Harry. He may have to get off his high horse and put the Yorks and Wessexes to work. His sister Anne will continue with her charities and won't let big brother tel her to work less.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 08:08:00 pm »

^^I expect we'll be inundated with tell all books.

The problem with having the Wessex's and York's work is that PC is not going to want to pay  them the subsidies HM does now.  It is one thing to have to give Ed and Andy a couple hundred thousand pounds per year - all together a whole nother thing to have to start supporting their kids  with several more couple hundred thousand pounds per year.
PC is not going to do that -
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: