Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 12:01:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guy Pelly and Elizabeth Wilson wedding  (Read 49035 times)
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2014, 02:27:40 am »

nah - Harry was up all night responding to Cressie's frantic texting

Vesper
Countess

« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2014, 02:28:53 am »

Yeah, sure... LOL.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2014, 02:33:20 am »

I hope she's happy and ends up living a good life; after a few days she'll be flying to her new life in England.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2014, 03:03:32 am »

The bride

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/04/article-2619542-1D8E7DF900000578-37_634x678.jpg

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #224 on: May 04, 2014, 03:08:18 am »

Oh, no I don't like it.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2014, 03:11:01 am »

what an awful wedding dress....that dress made Kate's look good   blink  and I hated Kate's wedding dress  sly
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2014, 03:11:47 am »

How old is she,she looks like she might be his aunt.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2014, 03:14:50 am »

bit too much sparkle - and the neckline is sort of matronly - but - I do like the veil and flowers and I like how she has her hair up - she is a pretty woman and I bet Pelly thought her dress was gorgeous!

Need to see the skirt - LOL - I did like the back from the other pic of her exiting the car

benign
Duchess

« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2014, 03:16:17 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2619542/A-wedding-fit-TWO-princes-Last-minute-preparations-way-Wills-Harry-set-watch-best-friend-wed-Holiday-Inn-heiress-costume-party-wedding-Memphis.html

- not sure about the dress, it made her looked old. hope the paps have a better one.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2014, 04:14:26 am »

It's impossible to tell about that dress without any video or an actual portrait so it's too early, for me, to make a judgment call.  Preliminary look?  Matronly.

And, ahem, Harry?  Cover your mouth when you yawn or someone down there might put a fish hook in it.  Thank you. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2014, 05:35:12 am »

The whole thing looks like one big tack-fest; if I were the bride I would be in tears of some kind.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #231 on: May 04, 2014, 05:39:09 am »

Looks like lots of family, lots of kids, friends -  I would not say "tacky".  Would love to see what this costume ball will look like - it is a bit confusing - so she has this reception and then the costume part?  IU did note one African American who appears to be a nanny.  Otherwise all white faces. 

I did expect more from her dress.  The groom's cake is a fox and the wedding cake is 6 tiers with edible feathers cascading down.  The fox thing is funny.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2014, 05:46:28 am »

I noticed that too about the only black person being the nanny. Sad.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2014, 05:49:46 am »

Well, at least you can't say they don't have original wedding cakes! Guy Pelly used to wear an old family stock pin when he used to go hunting so maybe it's a reference to that!
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2014, 10:49:27 am »

Too much glitter...very nouveau riche (and a lot of riche I understand).
It is a wedding, not a beauty pageant.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #235 on: May 04, 2014, 11:57:42 am »

^

I agree with KF, tacky. The dress looks too shiny and I would have expected something a lot classier. Take a look at Aliona's dress on another thread. IMO she looks much nicer.

A fox cake. He is making a point. I am not pro-hunt and I have great difficulty in understanding their mindset.  I don't understand why someone could take pleasure out of killing a defenceless creature.

They are so hypocritical. William spouts on about saving rhinos and elephants and yet enjoys killing animals for sport. There is something wrong in their heads. I am getting wound up now. I *despise* cruelty to animals, any animals not just the ones living on the Craig's estate.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 12:02:41 pm by Freya » Logged
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2014, 12:21:59 pm »

we agree - I just do not understand how taking another living creatures life is pleasurable.  It shows an utter disregard for life. 

Of course there is something wrong in their heads - look at their relationships - their women!

It really is sad.  I recall a story bout Diana - she was asked by a friend where her boys were - she said - they are out killing things.  She did not like their hunting either.

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2014, 12:34:52 pm »

^
In a way what they are doing by hunting foxes is worse than this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107192/Prince-William-appalled-slaughter-friends-rhino-killed-poachers-Kenya.html

It's a terrible thing to kill an animal for it's horn but William is killing for pleasure and entertainment. The difference to them is that the rhino is endangered whilst the fox is a pest to farmers. If they need to control numbers then it should be done humanely not by animals and their young getting ripped to bits by dogs for the pleasure of a few Hooray Henry's.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2014, 01:53:08 pm »

Do you guys have more info on this wedding than is posted here?  There's nothing in the US media except that the Princes went to Graceland and Harry rudely yawned.  So, I've got nothing to work with here.

As far as weddings go and to kind of speculate/answer the question about the costume reception, the way it usually works is that there is the wedding, then a reception-y type of champagne toasts, best man speech and then there is a last party that takes place about two hours after the wedding and I'm assuming that's what's meant by the 'costume reception' which is the wording that is used but that's all I can surmise.

As for the black presence comments boy that would never be mentioned in US media if it's even true.  It's impossible to know who was there and who wasn't based on what I've seen because the coverage is mainly from the UK's ink source and so you're going to see two white men and their white family.  To make an assumption otherwise would get a major Racist smack down here and I do find any comments about it really reaching without facts to support that theory - it means nothing.  It's America, you invite whomever you please, and everybody else has nothing whatsoever to say about it at all, from our point of view anyway.  For me, I could make the same remark about the weddings that are posted here from the UK and ask 'where are the Spanish people?  or where are the black people?".  But, that would be a racist remark, in my opinion, so would never make it.  I hope that makes sense.

There's not one thing about the bride or the wedding in any mdm outlet in the States that I can find.  And that's the way it really should be.  It's a private family's wedding in the States and nobody's biz.  Shoot.  True, but still..shoot.  My guess is a pic of the group will be released when it's appropriate which is also appropriate.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2014, 03:03:50 pm »

Are there any photographs coming out that will show the bride and bridal party in their full glory at all, does anyone know. Would they be published in any Memphis newspapers? I thought it was a bit strange actually that Harry and his friends wore morning suits rather than tuxes. It just didn't seem to go with a Southern wedding somehow. I'd love to know what costume Will and Harry were wearing at the after-reception party.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: