Royal Gossip
May 27, 2017, 07:06:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A slice of Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding cake up for auction  (Read 1991 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: April 05, 2014, 08:24:36 pm »

A slice of Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding cake up for auction
http://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2014040518004/prince-william-kate-middleton-wedding-cake-auction/
Once again royal fans have the chance to get their hands on a slice of Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding cake.

A piece of Fiona Cairn's famous cake in its commemorative tin will go under auction on Wednesday 9 April with auctioneers Mellors and Kirk.

Relive William and Kate's royal wedding

The Nottingham-based auction house reportedly hopes to fetch between £50 and £150 for the lot, although another slice of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding cake sold for £2,597 when it was bought by an American royal fan in November 2013.
eating cookies
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:19:39 pm »

Question:  why was the gift of the cake to the workers sent as a thank you from PC/Cam instead of the bride/groom?

And, the way I read it, the gift was to the workers who did the presentation tin for the cake, so the person who got the gift is already auctioning it off?  For a lousy, expected 50 - 150 pounds?  That's odd, to me.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 10:26:43 pm »

You have got to be kidding me. Lips Sealed
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 10:41:17 pm »

Why would anyone want a slice of their wedding cake.  If I wanted to waste some money I could think of many other things to waste it on, that would not even be bottom of the list, it would not be on the list  easter-lol

What a hoot if it doesn't sell.  Wonder if we will ever find out.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 10:45:10 pm »

the last slice of cake that was auctioned sold...so there are some people out there that don't *despise* Kate and William and would be willing to buy it.

this was in 2013
http://ca.eonline.com/news/481442/sweet-royal-wedding-update-guess-how-much-a-piece-of-kate-middleton-and-prince-william-s-cake-sold-for-at-auction

actually sold at a nice price
DebbieB
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 10:48:57 pm »

the last slice of cake that was auctioned sold...so there are some people out there that don't *despise* Kate and William and would be willing to buy it.

this was in 2013
http://ca.eonline.com/news/481442/sweet-royal-wedding-update-guess-how-much-a-piece-of-kate-middleton-and-prince-william-s-cake-sold-for-at-auction

actually sold at a nice price

Its called 'profitering' Making money out of worthless celebs......

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her best— you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
Dasher
courtier

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 01:01:29 am »

Its called 'profitering' Making money out of worthless celebs......

Even if someone is dotty enough to buy a slice.  worship There is absolutely no way that you can be sure that it's part of the original cake.
Possible not royal cake, but fake, fruit cake.  Bit like them really.  tehe
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:05:46 am by Dasher » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 10:53:12 am »

Goodness me, who would pay that kind of money for a piece of mouldy old fruit cake.  How do they even know it is the real deal, the lazy duo are so fake, the cake could be fake too  laugh  I suppose there is always one  -  a fool and their money are easily parted  tehe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 07:55:45 pm »

That's one pricey pud! Slice of Kate and William's wedding cake set to reach the princely sum of $2,000 at auction
Royal memorabilia is sought after by collectors around the world, particularly those pieces associated with weddings.

The general public aren't immune to the lure of marriage keepsakes either: it is rare to find a house in the UK without a commemorative mug or tea towel from either Charles and Diana's wedding or the more recent marriage of the Duchess of Cambridge to Prince William.

And now, an exiting new auction will offer collectors a unique opportunity to own a very special souvenir: a piece of the wedding cake from Kate and William's big day.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2766606/That-s-one-pricey-pud-Slice-Kate-William-s-wedding-cake-set-reach-princely-sum-2-000-auction.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 09:23:08 pm »

Who the hell wants to eat four year old cake? That's just gross.
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 02:24:17 am »

I wonder if it has grown mold, like Bill and Cathy's relationship, just toxic.   ick ick ick ick  I bet my commemorative mug with the wrong wedding date of Chuck and Camz is worth more and prettier. 
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 03:32:21 am »

^I'll bet it is.  And my "official" royal mug that has Kate marrying Harry!  Still have that one.   tehe

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
archduchess
courtier

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 06:38:26 pm »

who put the cake up for auction? the midds?  
..great additional income I guess  laugh
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 06:40:43 pm by archduchess » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 07:10:29 pm »

Probably worth nothing, and highly likely it was not part of the original cake.  It is a piece of cake for goodness sake, you can buy better at the local shop, and it is fresh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: