Royal Gossip
June 26, 2017, 11:17:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Anne clashes with the Prince of Wales over GM crops  (Read 3240 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: April 05, 2014, 12:36:21 pm »

Princess Anne clashes with the Prince of Wales over GM crops as she admits they 'have a role to play' in feeding the world
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2596840/Gassing-badgers-humane-shooting-says-Princess-Anne-government-calls-new-culls.html#ixzz2y0jdvNy1

Princess Royal said development of GM crops is 'inevitable'
Prince of Wales claims they risk the 'biggest disaster environmentally'
Queen's daughter admits she seldom discusses the issue with her brother
She said gassing is a better way to control the badger population
Owen Paterson said cull in Somerset and Gloucestershire will continue
But Environment Secretary cancels plan to extend cull to 10 areas
Animal rights campaigners hit out against Anne's comments
Dasher
courtier

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 06:42:25 pm »

Oh, so Annie is going to eat it and stock her larder full of GM products? When her little granddaughter comes to tea she'll be able to top her up with nutrient depleted food. I bet! No way will she be eating this garbage. Good enough for us cattle though!
Annie says it's inevitable! No it's definitely not inevitable, there is enough food, always has been to feed the whole world 20 times over. It's a lie that their is a shortage, but if you want the world population diminished then GM is part of the oligarchs weaponry and evil agenda to be leashed on the innocent population to accomplish this. Not surprised Annie, being one of them has come out of the woodwork, to aid their agenda. No one has to buy what these liars try and sell us.

Fact in the long term GM food causes tumours and multiple organ damage in humans.
The super weeds caused by GM crops now needs agent orange, a chemical, that was used in the American Invasion of Vietnam. Giant ragweed and pigweed can grow up to ten feet. They are also using flame throwers to try and kill it!
This imbalance and violation of nature is plain wrong.  Angry
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 08:31:14 pm »

She shouldn't ever speak she comes off so bad ...
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 09:12:42 pm »

GM stuff messes with the natural growth processes of growing food and can do who knows WHAT to the body.

GM modified crops are still very new and we don't know everything that they do long term.

Oh, so Annie is going to eat it and stock her larder full of GM products? When her little granddaughter comes to tea she'll be able to top her up with nutrient depleted food. I bet! No way will she be eating this garbage. Good enough for us cattle though!

Annie says it's inevitable! No it's definitely not inevitable, there is enough food, always has been to feed the whole world 20 times over. It's a lie that their is a shortage, but if you want the world population diminished then GM is part of the oligarchs weaponry and evil agenda to be leashed on the innocent population to accomplish this. Not surprised Annie, being one of them has come out of the woodwork, to aid their agenda. No one has to buy what these liars try and sell us.

Fact in the long term GM food causes tumours and multiple organ damage in humans.
The super weeds caused by GM crops now needs agent orange, a chemical, that was used in the American Invasion of Vietnam. Giant ragweed and pigweed can grow up to ten feet. They are also using flame throwers to try and kill it!
This imbalance and violation of nature is plain wrong.  Angry

Anne is such a pompous *fool* and I'm sick of her self-righteous asinine pretensions.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 10:35:59 pm »

She is arrogantly pompous. A bit stupid too.
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 09:15:21 am »

I missed this whole conversation when it happened.  GMs are a science project and do no work well with the natural body.  It would interesting to watch this debate between the siblings.
india
Princess

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 09:51:50 am »

Charles is right about this.
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 11:26:20 pm »

^He absolutely is! GMO is poison, unfortunately it is hard to avoid GMO products now. Especially corn and products that have corn as an ingredient.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 12:31:37 am »

Does Princess Anne manage to get along with anyone at all anymore?

Charles is right about GM; it's still a very new science.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 04:48:35 pm »

I agree with Charles re GM crops.

That being said, I think Anne's position is coming from her first-hand knowledge of the poverty and starvation she sees in her charity work.   I think she believes that that is the answer in those places.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 05:42:40 pm »

PC is correct on this.

GM crops fed to mice in labs develop liver cancer. Numerous studies have shown this.

(I don't know how to post a link yet sorry).
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 05:48:37 pm »

^^I understand this point of view, but GM food is not the answer. The rich and the RF eat organic food because they know that GM isn't safe. Seems to me like some feel GM is good enough for the great unwashed, but not for them.... Not saying that Anne feels this way, but I guarantee Monsanto execs don't eat GM.
india
Princess

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 07:16:31 pm »

GM foods not only cause cancer but also Alzheimer's disease. Nice, huh?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 09:35:04 pm »

Why is Anne so publicly challenging her brother over this?

Anne is princess, but her brother is the future king and Anne shouldn't be undermining his authority like this.

Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 04:08:31 am »

True
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 03:08:33 pm »

Thanks.

One thing that never fails to amaze me is how much inter-fighting there is in the BRF.

I don't think Anne gets it that her brother needs her public support and Anne needs to stop treating the rest of the BRF like they're a bunch of worthless idiots; Anne disdained Diana and Fergie, but Anne in my view has always needed an attitude adjustment. GM crops are still too new to be trusted and I don't think Anne realizes just how close the BRF is to being dissestablished. Without her status I don't think Anne would be a champion equestrian. It's because her ability to live off of her mother that she accomplished so much while so young.

I agree with Charles re GM crops.

That being said, I think Anne's position is coming from her first-hand knowledge of the poverty and starvation she sees in her charity work.   I think she believes that that is the answer in those places.

Right, but Anne needs to get it into her head that GM crops are not an immediate answer and if the starving get cancer or Alzheimer's, what then? The people she would feed would get sick and die in massive numbers. They wouldn't be saved, but would end up dying just the same.

india
Princess

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 03:15:54 pm »

Well said KF.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 07:07:04 pm »

Thank you.

People show Princess Anne nothing but kindness, but she throws it back in everyone's face. Anne needs (along with other members) that it's part of her position to never challenge Charles publicly and to stop acting so superior to everyone. While I think organic food en masse is impractical, Charles does have a good point about having reservations about GM food being sold in supermarkets. It's still a young science and with only iffy results.

Princess Anne has bought into her own hype and that to me is something that should have been prevented from being ingrained into her psyche. I've dissed Charles for being too uneducated to comment and Anne is the same, she never even bothered to TRY to get a degree and still insulted Diana for being uneducated; granted Diana was nineteen/twenty at the time of her marriage, but Anne never took that into consideration, of course.

Clashing publicly with her brother should have been something she was trained to refrain from, but go figure, no one ever taught Anne her place in the area of never challenging her brother. The more she does, the more she undermines his authority and prestige and therefore, the monarchy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: