Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 11:53:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana Behind Royal Info Leak  (Read 12403 times)
Snokitty
Princess

« on: March 13, 2014, 07:31:41 pm »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/03/13/diana-behind-royal-info-leak.html
According to testimony Thursday by former royal reporter Clive Goodman of the now-shuttered News of the World, Princess Diana was the source of the 1992 internal royal phone directory that was found his his possession. Goodman, who is a defendant in the phone hacking trial underway in London, said the directory known as the Green Book contained the personal phone numbers of senior royals. Goodman said he found it in his office with an envelope displaying his name, and Princess Diana called him later asking whether he had received it. “She was going through a very, very difficult time.” Goodman said. “She felt she was being swamped by people close to [Charles’s] household. She was looking for an ally to take him on—to show there were forces that would rage against him."
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 07:40:22 pm »

well shows how pressured she felt but it really was not wise to seek allies in the press - as we can now see -

ironic that Harry and Will are so incensed that the press would hack their phones and yet it was their Mother who enabled this by giving the press the phone directory - surely not what she intended.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:10:47 pm »

She was fighting back.

Charles had Camilla & Highgrove set talking to press since 1982/3 attacking her populariy with "the unstable & difficult Diana stories". In 1992 she fought back Charles & his cronies in their re-writing of the story. Was the only way she had - use the "same means" than them. And she bested them & more than 20 years after, 80% of people dont accepts his mistress. He alone would always needs spin.

And now, he have became the boss of ones who have real popularity (W-K-H) same they being known as lazy, work-shy etc. No matters how many ribbons he cut, Charles knows never will be popular. And now he try finish with the popularity of his sons. Same they cutting as few ribbons as possible they who have the real popularity & never would needs of spin that papa needs. When W-K-H have trouble with PR all they needs is be seen out there. With Papa dont makes any difference his number of engagements, his unpopularity simply dont let him go.
Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 09:50:52 pm »

Don't blame her one jot.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 11:21:24 pm »

Princess Diana leaked royal directories to Murdoch tabloid, court hears

LONDON (Reuters) - The former royal editor of Rupert Murdoch's now defunct British tabloid the News of the World told a court on Thursday the late Princess Diana had given him a directory of royal phone numbers to get back at her then husband Prince Charles.

Clive Goodman said the confidential directory which contained numbers of senior members of Britain's royal household was delivered to the newspaper's offices in 1992 when Diana was growing increasingly bitter about her husband.

Goodman, who was jailed in 2007 for accessing the voicemails of mobile phones belonging to senior royal aides, is on trial accused of making illegal payments to police officers to obtain telephone directories of the royal household.

Police found 15 such directories at Goodman's home when he was arrested in 2006.

Asked where a "green book" directory dating from 1992 had come from, Goodman told the Old Bailey court: "(It was) provided to us by the Princess of Wales.

"It arrived at the office in an envelope with my name on it," he said, adding he received a call from Diana later to check he had received it.

Diana formally separated from Charles in December 1992 and the couple divorced in 1996. She was killed the following year in a car crash in Paris.

Goodman said she had a close relationship with several journalists at the time and wanted to use the press and the News of the World in particular as a "powerful" ally against Charles.

"She was at the time going through a very tough time. She told me she wanted me to see this document to see the scale of her husband's staff and household compared to hers," Goodman told the court.
http://news.msn.com/world/princess-diana-leaked-royal-directories-to-murdoch-tabloid-court-hears

Princess Diana 'LEAKED' information about Prince Charles to press, court hears

PRINCESS Diana leaked information about the Prince of Wales to "an ally" in the press in order to "take on" her estranged husband, it was claimed in court today

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/464681/Diana-leaked-information-about-estranged-husband-Prince-Charles-to-press-court-hears

Princess Diana 'Leaked Royal Phone Book'Diana sent the book through the post to a News of the World reporter and later rang to check he had got it, a court hears.
http://news.sky.com/story/1225511/princess-diana-leaked-royal-phone-book
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:25:58 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 08:25:22 am »

I love it !!!  Cool
sandy
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 12:15:45 am »

I'll just bet you do Jane. Nothing like bashing a dead woman.  I think it will come to bite C and C and people will think how shabbily they acted and not everybody loves Camilla (despite all the $$$ Charles spends on her PR).

Charles just had his cake and ate it to. He got his heirs and he and Camilla are probably rubbing their hands together and maybe these two can show they 'forgive" Diana by his going to her next memorial service and brining his smirking wife with him.

Those who say we should all move on really like to revel in these sorts of stories about Diana.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 04:09:37 am »

And this is just coming out now? How do we know Diana actually did this? I know she was far from perfect, but geez the woman is dead and can't defend herself.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 08:12:05 am »

^ There are a lot of people who think he was trying to save his own skin by putting the blame on someone who could not defend themselves against the accusation.   dontknow
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 09:45:37 am »

I love when Di fans begin their sentences with "she wasn't perfect" then they go "she was a goddess who could do no wrong"  easter-lol ...
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 10:18:08 am »

I love it when Diana haters throw out the "Saint Diana" moniker because it shows that they didn't know Diana at all. I am sure Harry would have nothing to do with someone who spoke of his Mother in such a mean spirited way.   bored3
sandy
Princess

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 12:31:58 pm »

^ There are a lot of people who think he was trying to save his own skin by putting the blame on someone who could not defend themselves against the accusation.   dontknow

It does take attention away from him and then it can cause a feeding frenzy of Diana bashing. Diana is conveniently not here to answer the charges.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 01:18:29 pm »

That is the problem, love her or *despise* her, Diana is not here to defend herself.  Always an easy option to blame a deceased person.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 01:42:44 pm »

And this is just coming out now? How do we know Diana actually did this? I know she was far from perfect, but geez the woman is dead and can't defend herself.
I hope she have done it. It was E-X-A-C-T-L-Y what he deserved/deserves.

This comment says everything:

Catherine, Chicago, United States, 10 hours ago
Charles had leaked all of Diana's grooming and clothing expenses to the press at this time in order to make her look bad, so she turned over the book to show how massive his absurd staff was, and is. And you don't think he deserved this? Please, honey, pull the other one.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2581453/PLATELLS-PEOPLE-If-Diana-wanted-revenge-failed.html#ixzz2w2SVf5CC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
 sigh thumbsup sigh
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:46:28 pm by dianab » Logged
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 02:14:42 pm »

^ His staff had nothing to do with their issues ...
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 02:24:08 pm »

Really!!! His staff are the ones who did all his nasty little attacks with his approval. Charles was so jealous of her popularity that he constantly tried to undermine his wife.
Sparky
courtier

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 07:03:27 pm »

I don't know why it would be so shocking if Diana did, a lot of other royals (as others have mentioned), especially the ones in the main branch hand out personal contact details of themselves and others to various media like candy. Diana wouldn't be the first member trying to smear another, Charles/Camilla were trying to rip her to shreds so I don't blame her. It's all part of the PR game. The BRF live in a dog-eat-dog world with each other. They don't work together as a unit like some other RFs.

I wouldn't be surprised if members of the BRF household decided to pass on the phone directory, the BRF don't sound like pleasant bunch to work for. I except to see more leakages from angry and defecting staff when Horse face and Waity move up the royal totem pole, there have already been complaints from insiders.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 07:17:32 pm »

goodpost Well said Sparky

"She was at the time going through a very tough time. She told me she wanted me to see this document to see the scale of her husband's staff and household compared to hers," Goodman told the court.
http://news.msn.com/world/princess-diana-leaked-royal-directories-to-murdoch-tabloid-court-hears

See Charles-lovers get panicked with the truth is so fun lmao
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 07:35:16 pm »

Anne Boleyn is dead and cannot defend herself, Marie Antoinette is dead and cannot defend herself,  but the fact remains that once someone is a major part of history - their history is up for discussion by the mere existence or pre-existence.

I don't think anyone "hates" Diana - but I do think people like to talk about her and don't.  In a way it is a forbidden subject on forum.  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

Calling people '*critical person*'s or 'bashers' is the mini midds job and is silly.  eating cookies

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 09:28:21 pm »

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1955&dat=19950116&id=-lQlAAAAIBAJ&sjid=nKIFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1165,17932

not windsor ‏@windsorsworld Mar 13
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1955&dat=19950116&id=-lQlAAAAIBAJ&sjid=nKIFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1165,17932 … so Stronach saw Diana betrayed by Charles with Dimbleby interview =spilled the beans himself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHzHMhtZ7h4

Goodman said "two of the directories had been given to him by Kenneth Stronach" Would think then its safe to assume he also sent the third!

theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/13/diana-clive-goodman-ally-charles … the evidence is pretty overwhelming - Goodman was a fairly poor journalist

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/phone-hacking/10695888/Hacking-trial-Princess-Diana-leaked-royal-phone-directory-to-me-says-Clive-Goodman.html … Dont see this - its not a reason for Diana to send the book -everyone knew she was up against the whole establishment

OK why should all editors decide Clive Goodman is telling the truth - not Diana - because he is alive! always read between the lines

^ AB & MA don't have anyone around today trying to save their own skin by accusing a dead woman. Nor do they have an ex husband trying to tarnish their reputation to bolster his own. I see no reason for people to speak about Diana but some (not you) speak nothing but hatred and are so young that they cannot remember the truth about any part of the "War of the Wales".   flower
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: