Royal Gossip
June 19, 2018, 11:49:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebrity Gossip II  (Read 21871 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #340 on: March 09, 2018, 04:20:08 pm »

^ Seriously, her "clothing company" is struggling every year, when has it not struggled? It would be best she gave it up, it's just embarrassing.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2018, 10:49:19 pm »

Shame of the Bono charity bullies: Probe forces rock star's foundation to come clean about abuse of staff in South Africa

U2 singer's ONE charity subjected staff to a 'toxic' culture of bullying and abuse
    Executive was demoted after refusing to have sex with elderly Tanzanian MP
    UK manager left a 'broken woman' after 18 months of belittling and humiliation
    Charity also failed to pay taxes despite campaigning fiercely against tax evasion
    Bono says he is 'deeply sorry' and has promised to meet victims in person
    NGO backed by David Cameron and Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg among others

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5486121/Bonos-ONE-charity-shame-South-Africa-staff-abuse-claims.html
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2018, 11:35:20 pm »

Christ, can't celebs just manage their charities themselves?

^ Seriously, her "clothing company" is struggling every year, when has it not struggled? It would be best she gave it up, it's just embarrassing.

She's just got to stop trying to be a major celeb; she should just accept that she had her heyday and those days are over.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #343 on: March 12, 2018, 02:45:25 pm »

I don't know whether any of you know Mina Basaran, but I've been quite in shock over the news of the plane crash she was in that killed her and her girlfriends and have to share:

Eleven dead in hen party private jet crash: Turkish socialite, seven of her friends and three crew die when their plane goes down over Iran after weekend in Dubai

Mina Basaran, 28, died along with seven friends and three crew in jet crash
    The Turkish socialite had celebrated her hen party in Dubai
    Private jet crashed near Shahr-e Kord in Iran after engine caught fire
    Iran news outlets report that all 11 on board died in the crash

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5489365/Turkish-socialite-killed-flight-home-bachelorette-party.html

Who was Mina Basaran, the Turkish bride whose Sharjah-Istanbul plane crashed?

The daughter of a top businessman and her seven friends died along with three crew members when a private plane crashed on Sunday

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/who-was-mina-basaran-the-turkish-bride-whose-sharjah-istanbul-plane-crashed-1.712324#1
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #344 on: March 12, 2018, 03:11:46 pm »

In other news...

Legendary fashion designer Hubert de Givenchy dies aged 91 after inventing the Little Black Dress and dressing icons including Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy and Grace Kelly

Hubert de Givenchy has died aged 91, his partner Philippe Venet has announced
    Aristocratic Frenchman set the template for ladylike chic in the 1950s and 1960s
    Famous for 'Little black dress' and styling Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5490769/Hubert-Givenchy-dies-aged-91.html

A bit odd to credit him with the little black dress, I read that it was thanks to Coco Chanel that the LBD became popular, after WWI when women couldn't afford much but needed clothes and attended loads of funerals (due to the fallen) and so the LBD was born - chic for any occasion. The story was sth along those lines... dontknow

PS It says in the article that Coco Chanel is actually credited with creating the LDB... smh.

PPS These are the greats of fashion, people with true legacy and dressing women to make them beautiful and not to embarrass them (us) and makes us wear as little as possible.. Givenchy, Dior, Chanel...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 03:17:26 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #345 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:06 pm »

Victoria Beckham turns to fashion veteran Ralph Toledano to rescue her struggling clothing company
Husband David Beckham dipped into his own company’s earnings to help the business, injecting £19.3million, up from £3million a year earlier.
Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5474575/Victoria-Beckham-turns-Ralph-Toledano-save-fashion-label.html#ixzz597nLiskg
This is a vanity project that isn't profitable despite millions poured into it.

I don't know a great deal about the Beckhams, but I have always admired the fact that they seem to love their kids.  They seem to be a tight family even if the rumors that Victoria and David go their own way.   And she is not hanging on to a flash in the pan celebrity moment but is trying to have a real business, so I say good for her in trying to bring in someone with more skill at this than she. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #346 on: March 13, 2018, 05:17:09 pm »

The kids seem healthy and well rounded, while as a couple, the Beckhams are a solid marriage.

In other news...

Legendary fashion designer Hubert de Givenchy dies aged 91 after inventing the Little Black Dress and dressing icons including Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy and Grace Kelly

Hubert de Givenchy has died aged 91, his partner Philippe Venet has announced
    Aristocratic Frenchman set the template for ladylike chic in the 1950s and 1960s
    Famous for 'Little black dress' and styling Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5490769/Hubert-Givenchy-dies-aged-91.html

A bit odd to credit him with the little black dress, I read that it was thanks to Coco Chanel that the LBD became popular, after WWI when women couldn't afford much but needed clothes and attended loads of funerals (due to the fallen) and so the LBD was born - chic for any occasion. The story was sth along those lines... dontknow

PS It says in the article that Coco Chanel is actually credited with creating the LDB... smh.

PPS These are the greats of fashion, people with true legacy and dressing women to make them beautiful and not to embarrass them (us) and makes us wear as little as possible.. Givenchy, Dior, Chanel...

I'm depressed about this; the legend made remarkable clothes and his creations (along with Dior and Chanel and others) are truly artistic, not the crap that is put out.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #347 on: March 13, 2018, 06:30:48 pm »

There are legendary designers and he is one of them.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #348 on: March 14, 2018, 12:29:56 am »

Here's a bit more. The dresses and designs Audrey wears in these pics are a total delight! flirt

From award-winning film roles to the Oscars and even her wedding day: How Hubert Givenchy dressed his dear friend Audrey Hepburn for her biggest moments in the spotlight

Hubert de Givenchy, founder of the eponymous fashion house, has died at 91
    The French designer built a career dressing the world's most high-profile women
    He met Audrey Hepburn in 1953 and the actress became his greatest fan
    Star relied on him to dress her for some of the most important events in her life

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5490825/How-Audrey-Hepburn-relied-Hubert-Givenchy-biggest-moments.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #349 on: March 14, 2018, 01:08:51 pm »

Not exactly celebrity gossip, but anyway...

Last photographs of Stephen Hawking emerge showing him enjoying a night out in Mayfair as his children pay tribute to the professor's 'brilliance and humour' after he dies peacefully aged 76

Physicist Professor Stephen Hawking died this morning at his Cambridge home
    His children have praised his 'courage and persistence' that inspired millions
    Scientist diagnosed with motor neurone disease in 1963 and given 2 years to live
    Illness was  slower than expected and he married twice and had three children
    Wrote 15 books and starred in The Simpsons, The Big Bang Theory and Star Trek
    His 1988 book A Brief History of Time sold more than ten million copies since
    Hawking married Jane Wilde in 1965 and had children Robert, Lucy and Tim
    They divorced in 1991 and he married his former nurse Elaine Mason in 1994
    Tributes for the 'brilliant mind' whose 'courage and humour was an inspiration'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5498269/Professor-Stephen-Hawking-dead-76.html
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #350 on: March 14, 2018, 02:32:21 pm »

At long last he's at peace; in Heaven he'll be whole again.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #351 on: March 14, 2018, 02:57:35 pm »

. . . if that was really Stephen Hawking . . . .

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/lifestyle/viral-and-trending/130118/stephen-hawking-dead-claim-conspiracy-theorists.html

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #352 on: March 20, 2018, 09:42:35 pm »

This also fits into the US politics thread I guess, anyway:

'That's SUCH a Miranda thing to do': Twitter is flooded with hilarious Sex and the City-themed posts as users react to former star Cynthia Nixon's bid to be Governor of New York

Nixon, 51, announced on Monday that she is challenging Andrew Cuomo for Governor of New York
    Several people have cracked jokes about it being 'such a Miranda thing to do'
    Others have imagined Carrie writing one of her columns about the run, employing her oft-used phrase, 'I couldn't help but wonder...'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5523567/The-funniest-Twitter-reactions-Cynthia-Nixons-bid-governor.html

Some of the reactions shown in the article are funny!  easter-egg-basket
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #353 on: March 21, 2018, 02:12:53 am »

I think it's good she's doing this; this is what America is all about, basically trying for a higher position and making more of yourself if motivated.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #354 on: March 21, 2018, 03:45:15 am »

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Kate Middleton’s designer Christopher Kane scorns celebrities’ supermodel kids such as Kaia Gerber and Kendall Jenner
‘I came from a working class background and it’s good to see young girls who are aspirational, who are also going to university or school,’ adds Kane, who was born in Newarthill, North Lanarkshire, to an engineer and draughtsman father and housewife mother. ‘I’ve never had a celebrity model for me. I’ve had famous models work for me, like Diana Dondoe and Lara Stone — girls who are incredible without being famous beforehand.’
‘If I’m really honest, I’d rather have real people.
‘Real characters. Not celebrities’ kids.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5525245/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Kate-Middletons-designers-scorn.html#ixzz5ALqiF6S8

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #355 on: April 01, 2018, 07:02:39 pm »

Victoria Beckham's staff in uproar over axing of 60 jobs to meet demands of new investors who want root-and-branch reform of ailing fashion brand
The former Spice Girl was paid £700,000 by the company last year, despite its disastrous financial performance.
'The fact is, she doesn’t know what she’s doing and that’s why the backers have decided to act. The anger is mounting also because the staff know how much she pays herself.’
A spokesman confirmed the redundancies, saying: ‘The board has been focusing on returning the company to profitability.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5566117/Staff-anger-Victoria-Beckhams-decision-axe-60-jobs-meet-demands-new-investors.html#ixzz5BRZijWEH
I think this business is a vanity that's keeping the Beckham's brand in the press. It should either fold or become a mid-range clothing/accessories business. The 2 stores should be closed as they're costing millions per year to run with little return in the way of customers purchasing anything. I only feel bad for the workers that are losing their jobs.

'Everyone feels like they're a critic': Misty Copeland doubles down on her fiery response to those who slammed her after she failed to complete Swan Lake's famed 32 fouette turns
She has now addressed the issue once more, telling Cosmopolitan some viewers are bound to focus on technical prowess, rather than on the artistry of a performance.
'I just try not to get caught up in reviews and reading things on the internet because they don't know you and people don't know your journey and I think that especially in America, especially in New York, when people come to see ballet, I think everyone kind of feels like they're a critic,' she told the magazine.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5567331/Misty-Copeland-doubles-response-slammed-Swan-Lake-performance.html#ixzz5BRcRwGfu
IMO, she's now using this to brand out and get more opportunities beyond the ballet world. She's been known not to do the full required 32 fouette turns so it's odd that now this is in the news. I *despise* that she's crying wolf and using the race card as a marketing tool to now get her name out in the press again as she did to get the principal role in the first place. I think she's going to quite the ballet later this year to chase more lucrative opportunities, hence these articles in the press.

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #356 on: April 01, 2018, 11:38:29 pm »

One of the psychics on Twitter predicted that Posh would be in for a tough year.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #357 on: April 03, 2018, 12:10:14 am »

Fashion's 'ice queen' dethroned? Anna Wintour is set to 'leave her job as Vogue Editor-in-Chief this summer' - after 30 YEARS at the helm
The sources claim that Wintour, 68, will depart as Vogue and Condé Nast's artistic director following the July wedding of her daughter Bee Schaffer.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5571191/Sources-claim-Anna-Wintour-leave-Vogue-magazine.html#ixzz5BYkSzfqI

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #358 on: April 03, 2018, 01:00:44 pm »

Kendra Wilkinson Cries Over Hank Baskett Ahead of Divorce

Kendra Wilkinson had an emotional morning. The 32-year-old reality star broke down in tears on her Instagram Story on Monday, April 2, days after Us Weekly exclusively revealed that she plans to file for divorce from Hank Baskett.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kendra-wilkinson-cries-over-hank-baskett-ahead-of-divorce/

Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan 'Have Lovingly Chosen to Separate' After Nearly 9 Years of Marriage
http://people.com/movies/channing-tatum-jenna-dewan-split-nearly-nine-years-marriage/amp/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #359 on: April 03, 2018, 06:50:49 pm »

The only suprise to me is, that they haven't split sooner. Both couples.

Hank's scandal with that transvestite (pr*stitute?), Kendra is also I think crazy, but I never followed them and the only thing I know for sure about is that tranny (h**ker?) scandal. That ought to be too much for anyone.

Then also Channing Tatum saying about himself that he is a "functioning alcoholic", plus rumours about him partying all the frikkin time and cheating on Jenna.
The writing was on the wall, as soon as a couple starts bragging and talking about their sex life, then poses for "pap pics" as "happy family", and Jenna saying recently that there are times when they "*despise* each other", that says all. You know a split/ divorce is about to come. Not getting along with your spouse from time to time is normal, but h*te is a bit too much for any couple I'd think....

The only bs that grates on my nerves is always these stupid idiotic statements on "we split lovingly/ with love/ we still love each other and are the bestest of friends for ever and ever and we barf rainbows and glitter". Give me a fookin break, if you loved each other so much you'd work on your marriage and not head to divorceville. I *despise* H'weird and their bs.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: