Royal Gossip
August 21, 2017, 11:13:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebrity Gossip II  (Read 11682 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 08:08:25 pm »

Oscar-nominated actor James Garner, who played the older Ryan Gosling in The Notebook, dies at 86
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2698839/Oscar-nominated-actor-James-Garner-played-older-Ryan-Gosling-The-Notebook-dies-86.html#ixzz382N3M635

Oscar-nominated actor James Garner, who played the older Ryan Gosling in The Notebook, died at age 86 in his Los Angeles home Saturday.

According to TMZ, The Rockford Files star was already dead - of an unknown cause - when the ambulance arrived around 8PM.

The three-time Golden Globe winner had reportedly underwent a quintuple bypass heart surgery in 1988 and suffered a minor stroke in 2008.

RIP  sob  My thoughts are with his family and friends  bye
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 04:03:37 pm »

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28438913

Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose, a coroner has ruled.

The TV presenter had been a heroin addict and took the substitute drug methadone for two-and-a-half years before her death, the inquest heard.

Det Ch Insp Paul Fotheringham, who led the investigation, said "importation quality" heroin with a purity of 61% - "far exceeding" the 26% purity usually found at street level - was found in a black cloth bag inside a cupboard over a bedroom door.

"The black bag also contained 34 medical syringes, some were with needles and some without, some were sealed in original packaging and some contained traces of a brown coloured residue," he said.

"There were also 45 packaged and sealed syringes, alcohol wipes and cotton buds."

The syringe containing the fatal dose was discovered in a cardboard box next to the bed, which also contained sweets.

Forensic scientist Emma Harris, who had been involved in examining the body, said: "Tolerance to heroin... appears to be lost fairly rapidly when users cease to use the drug, and deaths commonly occur in people who have previously been tolerant and have returned to using heroin."

Pathologist Peter Jerreat said the levels of heroin in Geldof's body were in a "fatal range"; while evidence of codeine, methadone and morphine were also found in her blood.

He further noted that puncture wounds were found on Geldof's body on her elbows, wrists and thumbs.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 08:39:10 pm »

So sad. Addiction is no joke.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 12:06:16 am »

Robin Williams dead of apparent suicide
Robin Williams was found dead of an apparent suicide, the Marin County, Calif., Sheriff's Department said Monday.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/robin-williams-dead-of-apparent-suicide-1.2733770

Robin Williams dies aged 63 from an apparent suicide
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2722409/Robin-Williams-dies-aged-63-apparent-suicide.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 12:30:34 am »

How awful!Wasn't he an ex alcoholic.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
berlin
Countess

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 12:55:02 am »

This is so shocking.  I can't imagine the world without him.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 09:29:53 am »

bye May this brilliant man rest in peace...the comedy this man gave was unbelievable....I will miss him forever...I have been in tears hearing of his passing....I remember him in mork and mindy and feel in love with his sense of humor...comedy relief on HBO in the 90's with Billy Crystal and Whoopi Goldberg...I watched every movie he practically made....this has been a really sad day.  My thoughts and my heart goes out to his family and his friends.

The world has lost a great comedian and actor sob
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 10:01:05 pm »

Actor had 'serious money troubles' after $30million divorce bills and was 'depressed' his TV show had been axed
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2722891/Robin-Williams-wrestled-demons-killing-himself.html#ixzz3ADJUIeP2

Quite frankly, I'm disgusted at how these ex-wives get so grossly overcompensated; they have no business having so much since they aren't the ones out there earning it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 01:50:25 am »

I always thought that the second wife was a big mistake.  After all, she was Robin's first-born's nanny when they hooked up.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 07:32:47 pm »

This is so very sad.  I had had feelings he was a smiling depressive for a long time, but comedy will never be the same without him.  No one comes close.

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »

Comedy will never be the same; he was one of the few comedians who kept his act fairly clean and you could take your kids to his movies.

I always thought that the second wife was a big mistake. 
After all, she was Robin's first-born's nanny when they hooked up.

Thing is, that Robin had to sell this home he loved because he had to foot the divorce bills. I think that might have sent him over the edge. As for her adultery, the twit former nanny deserves nothing. I think she is the one who filed for divorce and since he had a first wife he was supporting, frankly I think lifelong alimony should be subject to certain conditions, most notably if the woman is in her thirties then she should have limited alimony and only for a limited time. One thing if the wife is a lot older, but quite another when the wife is still fairly young and should have been self sufficient in the first place. As for child support it should be placed in a trust.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 02:10:31 am »

clean act?  Watch this and listen to the potty mouth and crotch grabbing and tell me he had a clean act LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4&index=1&list=RDpcnFbCCgTo4http://

funny though - brilliant  LOL

I suspect the alimony which was paid out years ago may have had less impact that his TV show being cancelled.  Really a shame though - he was brilliant and to think he suffered so from depression that death seemed preferable - just awful.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 09:42:31 pm »

Joan Rivers dies at 81; driven diva of stand-up comedy, TV talk

n 1986, Joan Rivers made a fateful call to her mentor Johnny Carson..

Rivers, the brassy comic with the thick New York accent who had made "Can we talk?" her catchphrase, told the all-powerful host of NBC's "Tonight Show" that she was giving up a role as his handpicked heir to do her own show on Fox.

It was, depending on how one looked at it, a bold bid for bigger stardom — or a stunning act of betrayal. Carson's reaction was unambiguous. According to Rivers, he hung up on her — twice — and never spoke to her again in the remaining 19 years of his life. After her late-night show on Fox bombed, Rivers said she was virtually blackballed from TV.

"My career was nowhere," she told the TV Academy in a 2011 interview. "I could not get arrested."
http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-joan-rivers-20140904-story.html#page=1

Celebrities from all facets of Hollywood are coming out to pay tribute to Joan Rivers.

Don Rickles -- Our dear Joan is gone. Knowing her, working with he and enjoying the fun times of life with her was special. She will always be in our hearts.  She was a good friend to Barbara and I. Melissa, be strong and take care of your son Cooper.  Joan…we will miss you.

Barbara Walters -- No one loved life, laughter, and a good time more than Joan. We would have dinner and laugh and gossip and I always left the table smiling.   She was a brassy, often outrageous, and hilarious performer who made millions laugh.  In private, she was the picture of elegance and class.  I will miss her.

Donald Trump -- Joan Rivers @Joan_Rivers was an amazing woman and a great friend. Her energy and talent were boundless. She will be greatly missed.

Bret Michaels -- My deepest condolences to the family of @Joan_Rivers. She was a very funny lady and will be missed. #JoanRivers

Kathy Griffin -- A legend, a friend, a mentor, an icon, and wildly funny. One of a kind. RIP
http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/04/joan-rivers-death-hollywood-reacts/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 10:00:22 pm »

This has me so down for some reason.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 10:12:19 pm »

yes KF I think what makes it so sad is that it seems a bit of malpractice may have occurred - something unnecessary

ertainly she will be missed and my thoughts are with her family
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 10:26:51 pm »

Very sad. I can't imagine how such a minor surgery could end this way for her.

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 10:36:37 pm »

It has me down as well.  RIP, Joan.  What a grand old broad who took no prisoners.  Sounds like something went completely haywire, health-wise because she was up and at it just the week before.  Sad.  She had her detractors but it was hard to find a more generous and philanthropic woman in show business and really broke through a, at the time, man's world in comedy. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 11:14:09 pm »

So we lose Robin Williams because of a greedy soon-to-be ex wife and Joan to a dipwit doctor who apparently wasn't paying attention to his job. Two legends destroyed by idiots.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 01:28:07 am »

O think the Parkinson's disease may have been what was on Robin Williams mind more so than divorces that happened years ago
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 02:42:48 am »

^^The not-so-silent tom toms are slightly, let's say 'confused' about Robin Williams' widow's behavior.  Time will tell but there seems to be very little doubt that Robin was under a ton of pressure to keep his family financially above water and even talk of 'assisted' suicide.  Stay tuned on that one but I didn't like the vibe from her at the very beginning.  How do you know, for one thing, that your body afflicted with Parkinson's, is going to be able to successfully manage this?  Lots of questions out there beginning.

As for Joan, there's an investigation already on board I see.  Why, for instance, did the clinic not have the proper life support system available?  Melissa will be a bulldog on this one.  I was appalled, for instance, when I went in for a colonoscopy and the anesthesiologist just decided not to show up!  I went through that one cold.  Good thing nothing went wrong or needed attention.  They looked really flustered because the doc came in and said, "Where's Buddy?"  "Didn't come."  And they went ahead with it.  Egads. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: