Royal Gossip
November 21, 2018, 06:40:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Invictus Games  (Read 97169 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #840 on: October 27, 2018, 10:44:29 am »

Thank goodness the two weeks is nearly over, don´t think I can stand to see her ugly mug much more, and all those dreadful cheap and tacky looking clothes.  Enough is enough, only so much of a bad thing one can take.  She and haza look have looked utterly incompetent, stupid fools and not fit to be representing the BRF and British taxpayers.  The IG dipped out big time on media coverage, it has been murky, murky, murky.  The whole shenanigans, for me, has been an embarrassment to the UK.  As for the hand holding/fondling near his crotch in public, being photographed and filmed, I would not expect to see that in public with anyone, let alone a member of the BRF.  If HM continues to allow all this then she really has lost the plot, big time, and should abdicate, because if she does nothing about it then she is as weak as dish water from last century.  This trip has really shown just how low and tacking murky is, in every way.  It saddens me to say I am pleased the IGames are over, even Bechham did not make that much of an effort, and I find that very sad too.  This has turned out to be the dork haza and murky murkle tour, with no respect for the the places they have visited and most certainly little interest in the IGames. Waste of time and money going, the IGames might have done better without them hogging the limelight, even down her dirty cracked feet again.  Let us hope the next IGames turns out better than this one time, and that will not be difficult at all, would be a breeze.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #841 on: October 27, 2018, 01:42:20 pm »

I thought tonight was spectacular. I watched it on Channel 2 (Aus) which televised every single day of these Games and showed some epic contests of unbelievable strength and determination in their competitions by these vets.
I thought it was all wonderful. And an inspiring and heartwarming closing ceremony to the Invictus Games in Sydney. The athletes were just terrific, as were the speeches and the artists who performed. Everyone enjoyed themselves and left on a high, I'm sure. Felt quite teary but elated too.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #842 on: October 27, 2018, 01:48:40 pm »

I also like how these veterans become known and appreciated through Invictus.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #843 on: October 27, 2018, 07:46:55 pm »

Harry’s speech giving the spotlight to the vets. I love the bit at the end where the vets gave him a shoutout. He returned to form as he spoke from the heart. My only criticism is that he spoke as if he was at the games the whole time. I also don’t get how he said he asked for help and got it as he’s in this bad situation now where he looks like he could have a mental breakdown at anytime. I could see this as a way to show how celebrities only use opportunities to talk about themselves and royals put the spotlight on the people and issues. People should be looking up to ordinary folks who do amazing things like these vets who’ve managed to deal with their situations and get on with it and live life instead of vapid celebrities who just pretend to have a fabulous life filled with jet setting, photo ops in expensive attire that they’re merchandising so they can make money off of their fans; being praised for doing absolutely nothing.
Harry’s just surviving, which is contrary to his speech.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/179490161213/prince-harrys-touching-speech-invictus-games
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 07:58:12 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #844 on: October 27, 2018, 08:06:19 pm »

flower

Harry honours Invictus Games hero who helped his British tennis partner though a PTSD episode on court by singing Frozen anthem Let It Go
* Edwin Vermetten comforted Briton Paul Guest at wheelchair tennis match after Mr Guest's post traumatic stress disorder was triggered by helicopter passing overhead
* Duke of Sussex said it was 'what mateship really looks like' at the closing ceremony of Games in Sydney
* Touching moment came after Mr Vermetten of the Netherlands won the Land Rover Above and Beyond award
Harry and the hero: Mr Guest has met Prince Harry on a few occasions and credits the Invictus Games with saving his life.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6323887/Prince-Harry-honours-Invictus-Games-hero-helped-tennis-partner-PTSD.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #845 on: October 28, 2018, 05:50:55 pm »

I am completely ignorant of these games. I thought they were over when the two left for the other countries. I did not realize they were going on the whole time. Does Harry usually stay for the whole thing?

The only constant is change.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #846 on: October 28, 2018, 06:01:17 pm »

He's usually there rior to the games to give interviews and meet with the vets and officials and such. He attends the different matches and gives out the medals throughout the week. This is the first time since the games began 4 years ago that he's missed the whole thing.  

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #847 on: October 28, 2018, 06:38:28 pm »

I can see why they chose to use this time for a  tour of Commonwealth countries but it seems sad he didn't stay for the whole games since he just started this four years ago. So he pushed three games and now is a figurehead. Oh well, that's progress for you. As long as the veterans are happy.

The only constant is change.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: