Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 09:11:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Invictus Games  (Read 71134 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #740 on: October 01, 2017, 01:28:49 am »

thanks all flower youre welecome

LIVE stream
http://sportscanada.tv/invictusgames2017/channel-2

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #741 on: October 01, 2017, 01:30:40 am »

^Agreed!  Great job with the IG and info gathering.   BFF2   easter-bunny   thankyou

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #742 on: October 01, 2017, 03:22:19 am »

Look who's there! Meghan Markle links arms with Harry in VIP box at Invictus Games closing ceremony - and she even flies in her mom Doria from LA to see her Prince live in action

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4936500/Prince-Harry-vows-continue-Invictus-Games-day.html#ixzz4uDcotCe8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
 well, WTF. I hope this is her parting gift because this odd relationship can't go on if he wants respect, peace and the continuation of his charity work. People will just contnue to slag him off and despite his good works here, he'll deserve it.
This is why he looked a bit stressed/tired during the closing speech. Jessica, her stylist and of course, her pimp, I mean her friend Markus s there also.
Besides, this mess, it was a great closing ceremony. The Boss was assume!!!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:26:33 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #743 on: October 01, 2017, 04:00:41 am »

Harry hasn't quit anything.

The plan was only ever for the British government to support the Invictus Games until 2020 and that is still the case.
Harry knew that going in. He knew it was a short term project and that is fine as far as he and his brother is concerned. They are committed to short 5 - 7 year projects rather than life time commitments. This is all part of 'modernising' the monarchy.

Why does the British government have to fund this? Can't he get sponsors or his rich friends to pony up? Short term projects is just not going to help anyone or get anyone to take them seriously.

The British Government don't have to fund the Games. That is why they are pulling out.

If Harry wants them to continue he needs to do two things:

get sponsors to fund them AND
make them financially viable so that the sponsors stay on board.

Sponsors want a return on their investment and if they are putting money in and losing it then they will pull out. If IG isn't making money then there won't be any people wanting to stump up the millions per year to fund this.

I think one of the mistakes they made was to try to run these in different countries every year. That means a lot of different expenses have to be redone annually which if the games were in one place those expenses wouldn't need to be done every year.

Why should his rich friends have to pony up to support something on which they aren't going to get a return? Just because they are Harry's friends doesn't mean they support the same causes and so they may be putting their money into other causes or not - their money - their choice what to do with it.

Harry is a multi-millionaire himself so I wonder how much of his own money he has put into this cause? If he isn't prepared to put his own money in why should anyone else?
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #744 on: October 01, 2017, 05:37:18 am »

I believe the CEO of the IG said that it's a movement now and he wants to leverage that into the public supporting the organizations that help the vets. He also said that all events were sold out and thanked the millions of people who watched the games. I saw a lot of empty seats and I'd be curious if millions watched.

Keep Calm and Carry On
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #745 on: October 01, 2017, 12:45:04 pm »

Same here. I'd be very curious too. It doesn't even seem like the games were given as much attention as the previous ones. I think the best way for Invictus to help is to continue being Invictus and offering the games.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #746 on: October 27, 2017, 02:29:52 am »

Prince Harry and the fallen Danish soldier who inspired the Invictus Games
Prince Joachim, from the Danish Royal Family, who accompanied Harry in Copenhagen today as his visited a military training centre, told ITV News afterwards that it was an emotional meeting for Prince Harry and that the death of that Danish soldier had been an “eye-opener” for him.

The Danish Prince told us that because of the Invictus Games, the death of Morten Krogh Jensen was “not in vain”.

“It will not lessen their loss”, he said, and Prince Joachim told the family before they met Prince Harry that “there is a meaning with everything”.

Prince Harry was also reunited today with the Danish soldier who won a gold medal in Toronto in the wheelchair rugby.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-10-26/prince-harry-and-the-fallen-danish-soldier-who-inspired-the-invictus-games/

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: