Royal Gossip
September 23, 2017, 08:36:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Invictus Games  (Read 63457 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #560 on: November 12, 2016, 01:11:36 pm »

Sydney 2018

https://invictusgamesfoundation.org/games/2018

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The fourth #InvictusGames will be held in Sydney, Australia from 18 – 29 October 2018.

.@InvictusSydney 2018 will bring together over 500 competitors from 17 nations, with events at the Sydney Olympic Park and the Harbour.

Thank you to @kylieminogue @stevemoore83 and The Australian Defence Force for helping Prince Harry launch @InvictusSydney #IG2018 #NoWorries

https://mobile.twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/797396189910024193/video/1

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #561 on: November 23, 2016, 05:51:39 pm »

CTV Morning Live ‏@CTVMorningLive 
Prince Harry will be in Canada for next year’s @WeAreInvictus! We got a sneak peek this morning. http://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1001166&binId=1.1184756&playlistPageNum=1

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

livylivy
Countess

« Reply #562 on: November 23, 2016, 07:02:05 pm »

What Harry has created is really remarkable  tehe good job Harry!!
The invictus should be also held in Roma
That would be such an appopriate location imo flower hello
Please Harry Italy wants you
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #563 on: November 29, 2016, 08:47:59 pm »

Prince Harry raises excitement for Invictus Toronto with Grey Cup video
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2016112934903/prince-harry-invictus-toronto-video-grey-cup/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=internaltwitter

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #564 on: November 29, 2016, 09:56:01 pm »

great to get enthusiasm going for the games - I must admit - Toronto is not my fav Canadian city - wonder what venues they will be using??

I love Ottawa and of course Quebec - lovely cities not quite so NYCish as Toronto

his roscea is really flaring up there - watch that spicy food and alcohol Harry!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #565 on: December 14, 2016, 12:56:55 am »

Prince Harry on 2016 IMPACT25 honoree Elizabeth Marks
I am incredibly proud to know Sgt. Elizabeth Marks. This year she won four gold medals in swimming events at the Invictus Games in Orlando, Florida. She was then selected to compete for the U.S. team at the Rio Paralympic Games. Going into the Games she was ranked No. 1 in the world in the 100-meter breaststroke, and she went on to win gold in the SB7 100 meters.

This is an incredible achievement by any standards, and I know this is how she wants to be defined, by her achievements and her abilities. But as an Army sergeant wounded in service to her country, her journey to get to this point has been remarkable. To me she epitomizes the courage, resilience and determination of our servicemen and women. Using sport to fight back from injury in the most remarkable way, she sums up what the Invictus Games spirit is all about.
http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/impact25/article/18229497/prince-harry-2016-impact25-honoree-elizabeth-marks

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #566 on: December 14, 2016, 01:03:07 am »

thumbsup
Very well deserved.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #567 on: December 14, 2016, 01:48:10 am »

^^Amazing, beautiful woman, inside and out!  Bravo!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #568 on: December 14, 2016, 05:58:36 am »

sorry bit given the stories re: Nick Logran persuading Harry to hype the romance angle with Sgt Marks to publicize the games - I find Harry's statement a bit hypocritical

her achievement however cannot be dimmed by the dimwitted
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #569 on: December 14, 2016, 06:09:54 am »

^ The only suggestions of a romance between Sgt Marks and Harry were made by people on the Internet in blogs and forums. Harry never ever hinted that they were romantically involved, nor did she. They were good friends only, and he has given a heartfelt tribute to her that IMHO should be acknowledged.
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #570 on: December 14, 2016, 07:46:57 pm »

thumbsup Very nice to read about this and what an amazing woman!!!
 flower to Elizabeth Marks
Wish
royal watcher

« Reply #571 on: December 19, 2016, 10:16:07 pm »

Interesting that last night Prince Harry and the Invictus Games were given a mention on the prestigious Sports Personality of the Year programme last night.  For those of you who don't live in the UK it's the night when all of the British sporting achievements are acknowledged.  I say it was interesting because Prince William was there (to give an award to Michael Phelps) and for a change William's name wasn't tagged on to one of Harry's projects.  I actually felt a little embarrassed for him.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #572 on: January 04, 2017, 10:05:16 pm »

Invictus Games 2017 ‏@InvictusToronto
BREAKING: Today, we are tremendously proud to be launching the Invictus Games Radio podcast– the very first! http://www.invictusgames2017.com/invictus-games-radio/ … #IG2017

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #573 on: January 05, 2017, 09:59:49 am »

podcast was interesting - hope future has some actual soldiers etc speaking - probably will
Cindy.rose
royal watcher

« Reply #574 on: January 05, 2017, 02:46:08 pm »

Harry and Elizabeth Marks??  it is ridiculous!

Sorry, but I don't like these deficient people who use their problem to appear and get attention and also don't think they are heroines or excellent people because of this, Oscar Pistorios is also deficient and see what he did.

So many people are deficient in third world countries and even without support, press ... they overcome and follow life
JustMe
royal watcher

« Reply #575 on: January 05, 2017, 02:50:50 pm »

Appalled...absolutely appalled...tnat you would compare Elizabeth Marks to Oscar Pistorius who murdered his girlfriend.

Disgusting.

And what, exactly, is a "deficient person"?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:52:42 pm by JustMe » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #576 on: January 05, 2017, 03:06:12 pm »

^^ I presume 'deficient' means a human being who is missing one or more limbs. You do realise, I suppose, that the wounded and maimed veterans who compete at the Invictus Games received their physical injuries (and sometimes mental scarring) as a result of serving their country in a combat zone? That includes Sgt Elizabeth Marks.
JustMe
royal watcher

« Reply #577 on: January 05, 2017, 03:38:32 pm »

^ I'm not sure that's the point. Doesn't matter how Sgt Marks came by her disability - to lump her in the same pile as a convicted murderer because they are both disabled is obscene.

Stormborn
royal watcher

« Reply #578 on: January 05, 2017, 03:44:12 pm »

Oh boy. I sure hope the "deficient" part is mere semantics glitch.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #579 on: January 09, 2017, 07:36:23 pm »

Military personnel and veterans are vying for selection in the Australian team for Prince Harry's Invictus Games.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/01/09/15/38/aust-team-trials-for-prince-harry-s-games#oliCPKIkq5Mope5C.99

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: