Royal Gossip
July 20, 2017, 11:34:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Invictus Games  (Read 58320 times)
Adeline
Baroness

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 01:45:16 am »

Very nice! Good job to Harry and everyone working behind the scenes to organize these games. Can't wait to see them!   thumbsup
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 02:33:34 am »

He's in military fatigues here. He wants to be taken seriously so he's been behaving himself by being seen with the child at the theatre and dinner on "dates" with others in the group. The pretense of keeping up appearances must be killing him. He looks a bit tired.

Prince Harry launches British version of US Paralympic style games for injured war heroes: 'It was such a good idea by the Americans - we nicked it'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2574648/Prince-Harry-launched-Paralympic-style-sporting-championship-injured-servicemen-women.html

don't get me wrong - this is great and it was a fine idea for Harry to work to bring these games to the UK - but he is really looking rough - his baldness is now in the front - note how he is getting that sort of V shape in the front - what a shame - and his skin is a mess - I wonder if he has rosacea which may explain that redness that is always on his cheeks?  But the close ups really show his skin is looking dry.
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 02:41:03 am »

Boozing it up will do that to you, but good work one the games though.

Queen of the Hill
courtier

Harry-ite #29

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 05:00:40 am »

Congratulations Prince, well done! thumbsup

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision."

Ayn Rand
camilapitanga
Countess

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 05:20:15 am »

I think is a great cause as ive mentioned before.As for Harry being envolved and putting a lot of hard work and envolvement into it only time will show and ill wait to judge.As ive also said Harry is not what he seemed to be.So im keeping my view about him very tight.
Ill give credit where its deserved and when its deserved.
To me this is the logical next step but is nothitn mroe than a comercial, publicity about what will be done and not only by him just saying.If he will do more or less than expected only time will be able to tell.And if he truly decotes his time and work hard on it i dont see why people would take off his merit.But so far lets not call the guy a super hero for filiming a vídeo or doing whathever he does taking pics and shaking hands.Cox thats what he does.
I see it now more preciselly coz im not a fan og him as i used to be and i can clerally see thats what he alwaus did i used to think he was very envolved in such things coz i liked him and he was so extrovereted.Not anymore he changed and well something changed i just dont see that honest and genuine thing about him.
But independente on how honest or fake he seems to be if he does a good work ill say he desserves merits for it  thumbsup
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 09:12:12 am »

Oh my God he has the nerve to eat arrest him ...
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 10:17:35 am »

This is a great cause! Again a cause that goes with his workfield.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 07:51:35 pm »

Charlie Bethel‏@charlie_bethel·
Very honoured to have met HRH Prince Harry at tonights #invictusgames he is so committed to making the warrior games work. Bring it on.

Jon Nott‏@Jonnynotto·
@archerygb @worldarchery had a fantastic day representing #archery met with Prince Harry talking about archery in the Invictus Games

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 03:47:06 pm »

Prince Harry pitches in as wounded troops compete to represent Britain at games

Wounded servicemen and women were today competing in front of Prince Harry for the chance to represent Britain at his “Olympics” for injured military personnel.

Harry, 29, was visiting a Help for Heroes rehabilitation centre as the trials began to select the 100 members of the British Armed Forces team that will compete at the Invictus Games.

They are being held in the Olympic Park and at the Lea Valley Athletics Centre from September 10 to 14 and were inspired by Harry’s visit to the Warrior Games in the US.

Harry, who has served two tours in Afghanistan, met about 25 people at Tedworth House in Wiltshire hoping to compete in the wheelchair rugby, cycling and indoor rowing events.

He said: “These men and women are fighters by nature.

“The intense physical training and competitive spirit that will be forged inside this team as they prepare to represent their country in the Invictus Games will, I hope, go some way to helping the recovery not only of those who hope to be selected here today, but also inspire others along the way.”

Marine Don Maclean, who stood on an IED whilst on patrol in Afghanistan, has put his name forward for the wheelchair basketball and cycling.

He said cycling had been “a massive part of my rehab”, adding: “As I will be leaving the Royal Marines in July, the chance to be selected for the Games would be a highpoint in my recovery.”

Another contender, Jonathan “Frenchie” Le Galloudec, was shot in the spine in Iraq in 2007.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/prince-harry-pitches-in-as-wounded-troops-compete-to-represent-britain-at-games-9301242.html

http://windsors.tumblr.com/post/84217616007/prince-harry-visiting-help-for-heroes-gym-at

http://phff-wildwintersday.tumblr.com/post/84217198652/ravishingtheroyals-whatever-photographer-did

http://ravishingtheroyals.tumblr.com/post/84216865982/prince-harry-visits-help-for-heroes-gym-at

Prince Harry visits Help For Heroes gym at Tedworth House in Tidworth, Wiltshire

Read more: http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Prince-Harry-visits-Help-Heroes-gym-Tedworth/story-21028525-detail/story.html#ixzz30HqqiE00

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 06:47:11 pm »

'I haven't got the padding for it' Prince Harry ducks cycling challenge at event

PRINCE Harry , accidentally displaying his Hugo Boss underwear hanging out of his jeans, ducked a cycling challenge today after arguing his bottom was too small for the sport.

The fourth in line to the throne paid a morale boosting visit to wounded troops at a training camp for applicants hoping to win a place in the British Armed Forces team for the Invictus Games,  a Paralympic-style international competition for injured military veterans in London in September.

Harry, who came up with the idea of Britain hosting the competition after visiting the American-invented Warrior Games in Colorado last year, watched hopefuls going through their paces in three of the eight sports at Tedworth House recovery centre in Tidworth, Wiltshire.

He had a quick go on a static handbike away from most of the cameras but turned down a challenge to try out a recumbent bike used by amputee servicemen. “I haven’t got the padding for it,” he said, laughing and patting his backside.

The 29-year-old Prince, who is helping to organise the games in his role as a Captain in the Army, went to wish good luck to competitors at the training camp at Tedworth House, which is jointly run by the Help for Heroes charity and the Ministry of Defence.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/473070/I-haven-t-got-the-padding-for-it-Prince-Harry-ducks-cycling-challenge-at-event

Gif

http://mymrharrywales.tumblr.com/post/84227145108

Prince Harry watches Invictus Games selection event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySvCLcI7hNg

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:49:42 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

royalsarenotcelebs
royal watcher

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 12:03:26 am »

loveshower loveshower THIS is the Harry we love.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 12:05:55 am »

^yes!   But I am feeling bad for those who do not get selected - wish everyone could be on the team
Adeline
Baroness

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 01:10:20 am »

I think that Harry's going to work hard to see that these games are successful. It's going to be fun to watch them!  thumbsup
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2014, 01:28:44 am »

Prince Harry: Join me in cheering on these inspirational men and women

Prince Harry today called on Londoners to rally behind a new international sporting championship for “inspirational” injured servicemen and women.

The prince has been working to bring the Invictus Games to London in September after seeing members of Britain’s Armed Forces taking part in the Warrior Games, a similar competition in the US, last year.

Today the Army officer, 29, said: “Ultimately, this is about the men and women who have given so much and deserve our support, in their recovery, rehabilitation and on leaving the armed forces.

“In September the public has the chance to show that support in the sporting arena, where the same grit and determination that characterises these tenacious men and women and their inspirational journeys of recovery — their invictus spirit — will make for a great occasion.

“I know people will want to join me in cheering them on from the sidelines.” His rallying call came as the Evening Standard announced it would give away 50 pairs of tickets to the event in an exclusive offer.

His comments were supported by an Olympic torch bearer who trekked to the North Pole with the prince and spoke of Harry’s “indescribable passion” for helping the wounded.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/prince-harry-join-me-in-cheering-on-these-inspirational-men-and-women-9356261.html

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2014, 01:47:04 am »

I hope they do sell but I would note that the US Warrior Games are free.
sneeze
gossip insider

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2014, 04:50:19 am »

aw man, can we leave the critiques of how he looks to the other threads? this is a really really cool thing that's he's come up with and it's been fun watching it grow, gain more attention, and seeing him promote it with wounded soldiers

there's a lot to dig our teeth into here without having to make comments about how he does or doesn't look
JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2014, 08:13:13 am »

Well done Hazza.  I hope all goes well with the games

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2014, 06:41:44 pm »

Invictus Games 2014@InvictusLondon. May 12

That’s right… tickets for the #InvictusGames go on sale this Friday at 9am BST!  Get yours at http://www.invictusgames.org

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2014, 07:12:37 pm »

well I am crossing my fingers that lots of people will pick up tickets - do hope this is a success for Harry and the athletes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 01:39:34 pm »

#Harry: Prince becomes most senior Royal to TWEET launching ticket sales for Paralympic-style games for wounded service personnel

Prince Harry became the most senior member of the Royal Family to tweet this morning.
The fourth in line to the throne took to the 'twittersphere' to launch ticket sales for the Invictus Games, of which he is president.
Harry's tweet read @InvictusLondon: Hope everyone will get behind #invictusgames. Great opportunity to support and thank the men and women who have given so much. Harry
The prince quit his role as an Apache helicopter pilot, following a frontline role in Afghanistan, in  order to launch the inspirational Paralympic-style event  for injured servicemen and women.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2629122/Harry-Prince-senior-Royal-TWEET-launching-ticket-sales-Paralympic-style-games-wounded-service-personnel.html

Prince Harry writes his first ever tweet to launch ticket sales for the Invictus Games
http://vimeo.com/95377492?

Prince Harry sends his first tweet - slowly
Prince Harry sends a tweet from the BT Tower to launch ticket sales for Invictus Games, tapping slowly on an iPad and adding: "That's why I joined the Army, I can't type fast"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-harry/10833005/Prince-Harry-sends-his-first-tweet-slowly.html
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:43:18 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: