Royal Gossip
July 23, 2017, 03:48:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Harry's popularity decreased of late. ?  (Read 6121 times)
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2017, 06:17:26 am »

^ Even one event can change someone's life, of course. But Harry lives in a palace with full-time protection, servants, staff, etc. If the taxpayers are paying for him to have all that stuff, he needs to work full time like the people who are funding his lifestyle. Even welfare programs these days (at least where I live) make you work or volunteer for a certain number of hours per week in order to get benefits. Otherwise they cut you off and only give you a small amount of aid for your child(ren). Harry gets far more benefits than those parents on welfare and only puts in 5 hrs/week? Seems messed up. No wonder people are getting fed up.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2017, 07:58:39 am »

^ Harry lives in a two bedroom cottage in the KP complex, not in a palace full of servants, and there are a handful of staff, if that, in the KP offices. I said in my previous post that Harry's engagements were 'IN the 60s' not 60, more than Kate and more than William so far this year, by some calculations. When he works for the IG he puts in plenty of time behind the scenes, and when on tour, as per the Caribbean tour, he was certainly working more than 5 hours a week, which is an incorrect calculation anyway.
Harry has an estimated fortune of about 30 million pounds, so any comparison with people working for benefits is irrelevant, IMO. Prince Philip is retiring and more of his patronages will be taken up by the younger royals as time goes on, and that includes Harry.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2017, 08:23:43 am »

Harry has it good and a cottage isn't the same as a regular cottage on a small patch of land. As far as I'm concerned, no sympathy from me. Stop whining, get to work making a positive impact, and then he can live a better life (as if he doesn't already have it made). He has no business whining about his life. He still has vast estates at his disposal and his life will never be small or simple.

When he walked behind his mother's coffin without coming apart, he proved he had guts and grit. In the royal world, you have to prove yourself nonstop and that was one of those times. Tough as anything and he (and William) had the intestinal fortitude to hold it together. Suddenly, he and his brother then go all soft and now he wants pity and love and 'understanding.' This makes him look weak and in his world, that is a bad thing to show, much less feel.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2017, 01:21:42 am »

^^ The point isn't his personal wealth, it's how much he's costing the taxpayers to fund his lifestyle.
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2017, 09:10:57 am »

I think its about time Harry stopped giving interviews, the British people are going through a hard time right now the last thing they need is to read about the sob stories of the privileged Royals.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2017, 12:29:35 pm »

^ agree.  Harry's trauma is frankly nothing compared to the suffering of the people who escaped the Grenfell fire, some of whom are still sleeping in their cars.  Or people who lost loved ones in the recent terror attacks.  Or even the travails of a working class family trying to raise children on limited means.  And unlike those people Harry has unlimited access to the best possible help.  Some perspective would be in order when he speaks. 

It is fine to encourage people to seek help with their problems but the self revelations are getting insensitive now.  When Harry did the interview of course he did not know it would be released at a time when there is so much apparent suffering but the complaints about being royal are wearing thin.  Everyone has plusses and minuses in their life.  Having never experienced financial anxiety nor being deprived of anything material they desire, Harry and Will need to cork it.  They have both been moaning for years about "being normal".  Constant complaints about lack of privacy even though for most of the time they have privacy as we know little about their where abouts when they are not working - which is often. 

And behind the scenes work is not accepted as an excuse for Will and Kate it should therefore not be accepted as an excuse for Harry.
They all need to get cracking.  And I say again, Harry does not do as much work for Invictus as you might think.  The organizing committee's do the work.  Harry shows up for the photo ops.  Which is of course useful and is a contribution but do not fool yourself into thinking he is knocking himself out doing behind the scenes work.  It is insulting to those who spend hundreds of hours volunteering in addition to their full time jobs to make IG work.

Harry has been around long enough to know that what he says will be taken out of context and even misconstrued.  So he should by now know he must be cautious and discrete when he does interviews.

And while he lives in a two bedroom cottage it is the most expensive neighborhood in the UK and he does have staff.  I have read that the market value rent on that "cottage" is 15,000 pounds per month.  Hardly typical. 

Harry does a lot of good as does Will but they both need to develop a better perspective and a bit more wisdom.  Neither one seems to have any gratitude for the extraordinary privilege they enjoy.   

Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2017, 04:00:36 pm »

worship

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
sandy
Princess

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2017, 04:23:50 pm »

The worst soul baring is the barrage of Camilla True Stories. Camilla's nasty past is nauseating. If APB ever wrote a book about this, he'd have to get lots of bodyguards. He's been neutralized apparently as the world's most famous cuckold. Harry's confessions are  a drop in the bucket. But he should have kept his mouth shut about the time he walked behind the casket. Some things are better unsaid and he can't repeat the past.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2017, 07:00:12 pm »

Harry made going to homeless shelters, like going to the zoo to look at the weird animals.

As for charity work, all he has to do is form a day to day routine and establish himself as a fixture at these places, filling in time constructively for his charities, draw attention, and attract the right kind of volunteers. He needs to stop the Africa jet setting and needs to focus first on Britain and then the Commonwealth.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2017, 02:43:38 am »

Where does the money come from to pay for Harry's jet trips?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2017, 02:56:39 am »

The taxpayers!

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2017, 08:17:30 am »

^ Members of the Royal family pay for their own travel around Britain and overseas if the trips are private. So the taxpayer doesn't pay unless the Royal is on official business.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2017, 08:33:32 am »

Considering how murky the finances are (no official auditing done to show the difference) I don't trust the RF to be paying their own way.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2017, 01:21:37 pm »

There is an official audit done on all such travel and official journeys by air as distinct form private visits each year. That's how Andrew got into some trouble years ago for tacking a private break on to official time as a British Trade Ambassador. Clearer guidelines were produced just to make sure that sort of thing never happened again.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2017, 10:51:47 pm »

^^^ Even if Harry "pays his own way" the taxpayers still have to pay for his security.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2017, 12:20:46 am »

Harry's cottage is a small two bedroom building.   Has anyone else seen it .  ?

jackiew
courtier

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2017, 03:47:39 pm »

^Its Nottingham cottage see photos below.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a5/c5/01/a5c501a4bd3038b7c0849b22346cf4e5.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/19/21/3768212800000578-0-image-m-31_1471639013152.jpg
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2017, 05:30:32 pm »

That is how sad they are, many would be ecstatic to live in Nottingham Cottage, they would think they had died and gone to heaven, but not the rf, oh no, not good enough for them.  Greedy,grasping scamming lot, and they get it all for nothing, that is what galls me even more.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2017, 05:37:40 pm »

To me Nottingham Cottage has always looked bigger than the reported "small two bedroom" and it likely is, just as 1A is much bigger than the reported "22 rooms", it's said that it has in reality close to about 60 rooms actually. You just can't believe a word that comes from that family.  sigh
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2017, 06:43:53 pm »

That is how sad they are, many would be ecstatic to live in Nottingham Cottage, they would think they had died and gone to heaven, but not the rf, oh no, not good enough for them.  Greedy,grasping scamming lot, and they get it all for nothing, that is what galls me even more.

Nothing is ever good enough for that family.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: