Royal Gossip
September 23, 2017, 08:36:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Harry's popularity decreased of late. ?  (Read 8622 times)
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2017, 04:35:11 am »

I think it's interesting, in light of all the opinions here that Harry's popularity has disappeared since Meghan's arrival, that the latest YouGov poll has him at a 77% approval rating.

That's only one point below William's in terms of approval of work done which enhances the monarchy. (This polls shows a huge slump for Charles.) In fact, in spite of prevailing opinions on royal forums and some Tumblr sites, Harry and William and Kate are retaining their popularity with the British people, according to every poll undertaken in the last ten years or more. 

https://www.metro.news/charles-popularity-slumps-before-diana-anniversary/716703/

YouGov is the most accurate of the polling companies as they use a variety of multi media and online outlets to get their results, including mobile phones. They were the most accurate in predicting the Brexit result too.
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2017, 04:03:46 pm »

I think it is quite likely that the reason William and Harry's poll numbers are so high is simply because the majority of the public isn't following them closely yet. I think they are seen as 'those great boys of Diana's' still by your everyday Joe who doesn't invest much time in following their activities. I expect that their popularity with those people will change in the future as they become more aware of how useless they are.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2017, 11:38:49 pm »

I think the popularity of William and Harry will last for decades yet due to the Diana factor.

Charles is hardly 'useless' but his popularity is in the dumper.

Working hard for the people of the UK doesn't lead to popularity - all that matters to the general public is that the sons are Diana's boys and so they will have that as their 'get out of jail free' card as long as there are people alive who remember Diana, unless they themselves do something public such as commit adultery.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2017, 11:32:05 am »

These polls validate them, make them think they can continue as is and no need to change.
I don't think it'll take decades, I think a change in perception will happen once Bill moves up in the line of succession, as the spotlight will hit him harder and people ought to look closer.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2017, 09:25:38 am »

^^ I must agree.

madgoulding
royal watcher

« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2017, 03:32:36 pm »

let's be honest. he lost popularity because he's not single anymore. he lost popularity because he's on the verge of marrying a woman who most of the fanbase didn't picture him with (WHAT??! SHE'S NOT BLONDE!). he lost popularity because due to his relationship, he is not in the public eye as much anymore. he's lost popularity because he called the media and society out on what they love to do (but *despise* to be called out on) the most.

he isn't doing anything wrong, it's just the projected expectations of him aren't coming to fruition and that might turn some off...
harry doesn't care about the agenda you have for him.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2017, 04:22:26 pm »

Agree; Harry fans seem to think he should be like a pop star, eternally single and available, not having a romance or life of his own. At some point he is going to marry and he's going to want to have children and a family of his own. He's under no obligation to remain single to remain marketable to deranged fans who objectify him.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2017, 04:23:09 pm »

People see Harry want he really is - a lazy, arrogant, stubborn, self-serving idiot who is too dim to see the damage he has done. If anything, he like his brother  have been playing the Dead Mummy card way too long and people are tired of it. They see a not very attractive dolt who is getting a free ride due to nothing he has ever accomplished on his own. So he dropped out of Saint Diana's womb - who cares anymore? (other than aging Sloane Rangers and sugars with too much free time)

He can do whatever he wants - but on his own time - run away with MediaMarkle - please! No way the British taxpayer should have to do without so his Yankee booty call can get Grade A treatment.
Stormborn
royal watcher

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2017, 05:33:05 pm »

He lost popularity because his choices in his private life revealed some patterns. Patterns that taxpayers should not have to worry about with their public figures. He is too happy to jet off for an adventure, too content in his hedonistic lifestyle that people are finally seeing that perhaps this is truly who he is. Perhaps this is not a phase, not just some growing pains. This is it with Harry. Nothing less and certainly nothing more.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2017, 09:35:48 am »

I think the public is bitterly disappointed at what Harry chose to make of his life and how the British public has been ripped off. Clearly all that money has been a waste and clearly the public NEEDS their RF to go out there and get job contracts (one way or another) and clearly Harry just wants the world to wait on him. IN the best of times he would be disliked, but because of all the hardship, there is so much anger and impatience.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2017, 10:29:20 am »

Harry can't be that bitterly disliked by the British public. He got 77% approval rating in the latest YouGov poll this August and has been up there in the top two or three of BRF royals polled for ten years or more in terms of popularity.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2017, 11:39:47 am »

I think it better for Harry to settle down now than drift along like Prince Albert of Monaco who finally settled down in his fifties after many liaisons and love children.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2017, 02:26:33 pm »

The only way anyone would ever really know whether Harry is "popular" or not is if there was ever an actual vote on the matter by actual ballot.  Now, that I'd pay to see.  If this bunch had to be voted in based on accomplishments to the People, facts exposed and accountability a real platform?  laugh

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
dianab
Countess

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2017, 04:23:12 pm »

I think it better for Harry to settle down now than drift along like Prince Albert of Monaco who finally settled down in his fifties after many liaisons and love children.
well that dont means he wont many liasions while married to Meg or another woman... chelsy and cressida had put up with his cheating when they were his girlfriends
sandy
Princess

« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2017, 06:19:50 pm »

I believe Chelsy dumped Harry because of  his cheating. I don't know if Harry was dumped or dumped Cressida. He did not seem to be as taken with Cressida as he was with Chelsy.

Yes, the Queen's grandchildren  could potentially have liaisons, even William.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2017, 06:45:14 pm »

Off topic. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: