Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:43:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles official visits to Saudi Arabia and Qatar 17-20 Feb  (Read 10061 times)
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 03:26:02 am »

well well - PC earned his keep

I do not like arms sales either but BAE is central to the British economy - sadly - so PC just did a good job - certainly the folks in government (Cameron tried to get the sale through too - and if Labour were in - they too would have tried to get this sale through) and British industry are going to be very happy with PC's assistance and see how all those trips he takes to the Middle East just paid off?  Complicated world we live in.

If you just set aside the arms issues here - can anyone honestly imagine either Will or Harry being able to do this?  Not a chance - granted they are a lot younger - but this goes to PC's insistence that they get more serious about things and the need for them to develop relationships other than the Beckhams and the Bransons.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 04:51:11 am »

Thing is, that William foolishly married Kate and Harry was just in Afghanistan shooting the Saudi's coreligionists. No matter how extreme we might think Islam, it's the existence for every Muslim in the Middle East and if the Saudis received Harry, I'm certain that it would trigger a Hiroshima of a backlash against the Saudis via the citizenry and religious police.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 04:59:42 am »

KF - the Saudis and other Gulf states do not always support their co - religionists - they support what allows them to maintain control - they do not support Iran for example and are seriously ticked off that the US is now settling its problems with Iran.  It wasn't Harry who was fighting in 'Stan - it was the UK yet the Saudi's now will happily buy those Typhoons from the UK.  As they happily buy lots of arms from the US.

Val
Princess

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 08:24:12 am »

I'm sorry but I think he looks hysterical in that outfit, especially with the agonized expression on his face! tehe

I honestly thought that they were a photoshopped joke!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2014, 10:36:38 am »

KF - the Saudis and other Gulf states do not always support their co - religionists - they support what allows them to maintain control - they do not support Iran for example and are seriously ticked off that the US is now settling its problems with Iran.  It wasn't Harry who was fighting in 'Stan - it was the UK yet the Saudi's now will happily buy those Typhoons from the UK.  As they happily buy lots of arms from the US.

Yes of course, like all good leaders they are mainly pragmatists.

Yet, to be seen greeting someone who was shooting a fellow Muslim (no matter differences in minor doctrine) would be a bad move. Islam is Islam and I wonder just how safe Harry would be in the Gulf States. All it would take is one skilled assassin to take him out and a Muslim would blend in just perfectly.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2014, 01:24:02 pm »

Why is Harry such a target for the muslims?
Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2014, 01:35:32 pm »

I'm sorry but I think he looks hysterical in that outfit, especially with the agonized expression on his face! tehe

Val, I did too when I first saw them - they did make me laugh!

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2014, 05:48:32 pm »

He does look foolish; he's playing at being a sheik.

Why is Harry such a target for the muslims?

He was shooting them in Afghanistan. To a Muslim, a Muslim is kin and killing a Muslim is like killing a member of their family.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 06:55:01 pm »

KF - recall that just this summer Harry was in Dubai attending a fundraiser for Sentebale which was sponsored by the gov's new aid program and he raised - in this Muslim country - a million dollars for Sentebale.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 11:57:36 pm »

Saudi Arabia is an entirely different place.

One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 02:44:06 am »

I have read that this family along with several other big MEastern royals are big game hunters.   sauer sauer sauer sauer
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 01:13:54 pm »

http://nsnbc.me/2014/02/28/prince-charles-royal-arms-dealer-saudi-arabia/
Charles of Arabia,’ hailed the Daily Mail, with glowing photos of the prince surrounded by members of the House of Saud performing the Sword Dance – known as the Ardah.

The Saudi and related Arab media also enthused about the British royal’s bonhomie and seemingly gracious indulgence of their culture.

But the real, unspoken headlines should have read: ‘British prince serves as key arms dealer to Saudi terrorist regime’.

During Charles’ four-day visit to Saudi Arabia, it transpired that a long-delayed arms deal with British Aerospace (BAE) worth some $8 billion was finally signed off – much to the relief of company executives and British government officials alike.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2014, 01:19:24 am »

In those robes doing the sword dance, Chuck looks like he's channeling Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: