Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 09:24:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles first hurl at his future subjects  (Read 3455 times)
Stephanie
Princess

« on: January 31, 2014, 11:18:22 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2549658/Prince-Charles-hits-climate-change-deniers-labelling-headless-chicken-brigade.html Shocked
Queen of the Hill
courtier

Harry-ite #29

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 05:36:32 am »

If I were Charles I would be very careful; is not that the "headless chicken brigade" doesn't believe in climate change, is that they don't believe in the reasons given for the climate change.  This is just another excuse for more taxing while he profits from it all.  We all know that our climate is determined by the sun's behaviour.

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision."

Ayn Rand
terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 08:53:29 am »

Concerned: The Prince has shown his enthusiasm for the weather before, and can be seen here taking a turn at the weather forecast in Scotland

That's cute!  easter-lol

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 09:35:06 am »

If he had any guts he would take the Chinese to task, yet he doesn't because he knows the Chinese will retaliate.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Queen of the Hill
courtier

Harry-ite #29

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 08:51:11 pm »

^ Plus he can't tax the Chinese so wasting energy on that wouldn't be sustainable, would it?

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision."

Ayn Rand
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 09:00:42 pm »

his language was not diplomatic - but I understand - how much more evidence do we need before people begin to recognize the climate is changing - 97% of all climate scientists agree it is caused by greenhouse gases that are the result of human activity - when do we do something?  The consequences are already disastrous.

As for the Chinese - their pollution is wafting over to California - so I'd say when the costs of this California drought hit us hard - we should send the bill to China.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 09:25:50 pm »

If I were Charles I would be very careful; is not that the "headless chicken brigade" doesn't believe in climate change, is that they don't believe in the reasons given for the climate change.  This is just another excuse for more taxing while he profits from it all.  We all know that our climate is determined by the sun's behaviour.

I don't know who sold you this, but I am sorry...it is not true. Our climate is not changed by the sun but by the toxins in the atmosphere that can hinder the sun reaching the earth. The toxins in the atmosphere come there because of natural causes (think f.e. of vulcano eruptions) but also by human behaviour, green house-gasses to name just one of them.

As for climate change being an excuse for taxing people...yes, it will lead to more taxes, but I doubt the people whose house is flooded, in Italy, in France, in the UK, will mind paying a little extra if that means the levies can be improved thanks to the extra taxes. The same in the US. Extra taxes can be used to put cable lines under ground so that the distribution of electricity isn't halted after one of the many tornado's, hurricanes etc.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 09:38:10 pm »

He should tell the Chinese to do something about their pollution levels; seeing it the way I do, I would say the Chinese are the worst offenders.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 09:39:27 pm »

Prince Charles needs to watch how he speaks to the public on such matters....thought he wasn't suppose to have opinions like this
Queen of the Hill
courtier

Harry-ite #29

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 10:22:30 pm »

I don't know who sold you this, but I am sorry...it is not true. Our climate is not changed by the sun but by the toxins in the atmosphere that can hinder the sun reaching the earth. The toxins in the atmosphere come there because of natural causes (think f.e. of vulcano eruptions) but also by human behaviour, green house-gasses to name just one of them.

As for climate change being an excuse for taxing people...yes, it will lead to more taxes, but I doubt the people whose house is flooded, in Italy, in France, in the UK, will mind paying a little extra if that means the levies can be improved thanks to the extra taxes. The same in the US. Extra taxes can be used to put cable lines under ground so that the distribution of electricity isn't halted after one of the many tornado's, hurricanes etc.

Excuse me, but I don't just talk out of my butt.  Even those who advocate climate change as a result of human activity admit themselves that "in the past, climate was changed by natural causes"

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/causes.html
http://www.climatechange.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=65CD73F4-1

Now, they use the industrial revolution as an excuse to blame humans for warming, when it is a very well known fact that c02 gas is the very thing our plants breath; not only that, but climate is not constant.  It never has been, and never will be constant and there is an excruciating amount of geological evidence where extreme climate change has been recorded in Earths past.  I have to admit, this argument would be plausible, except for the fact that climate change is happening in other parts of the solar system where humans do not live.

http://www.livescience.com/1349-sun-blamed-warming-earth-worlds.html
 http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

I agree that humans should be more ethical in their practices.  Industrialization has been a disaster for other species' environments, but I oppose deception.  It is not right to manipulate scientific data to enslave humanity.  There is definitely no transparency with the subject so believe what you will, I am not trying to convince you to change your point of view, but I don't appreciate your dismissive attitude towards my opinion. Nobody told me anything, I read it meself, thanks.

So the Eu can take it's co2 tax and shove it.

Ayn Rand
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

This is what it sounds like

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 10:55:19 pm »

YouGoGirlsign

Brilliantly stated!  As a conservationist and nature lover, I agree entirely.  The Earth is in a constant, cyclical state of change.  There have been studies of ancient core ice in the Arctic.  Shows the same cyclical swings....all before the pesky industrial revolution and aerosol sprays. I care deeply about the natural world and make sensible choices; I just don't believe man has the capacity to sway a planet. 
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 04:23:48 pm »

I am not saying that all of the climate changes is done solely by humans and it is known that there have been cycles. Think about the small Ice Age in the 17th century when the winter in northern Europe was, on average, 3-4 degrees Celsius cooler.

Right now it seems the cycles are getting shorter and that means that nature has less time to restore. Nature not having the time to restore will have massive effects. Just like it has effects that we take all kinds of things from the earth, like oil or gas. In The Netherlands gas is won in the north and because of the gas-industry more and more earthquackes take place. Again, causing damage to nature.

So human actions have effects on climate change, as well as how nature behaves and is able to restore.
Queen of the Hill
courtier

Harry-ite #29

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 04:47:02 am »

^ Well, of course humans use of resources cause negative impact, but one has to be very careful
about all this propositions and one has to pay attention to where the money is going.

Take Duchy Originals for example: the Prince wants every one eating organic but even though his Duchy Originals are great quality, they are hardly an alternative for a regular family to afford.  Great intention, I am all up for organic growing, but this seems more like a profiting scheme than a plan to help families afford organic options.  They can say the money is going to charity all they want, I don't believe that is the full story.  And who will cash in on the wind farm issue? Is that power being made cheaper for the people?

I'm afraid the answer is no.

Ayn Rand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: