Royal Gossip
September 20, 2017, 07:26:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William's Cause Against Illegal Wildlife Trade  (Read 21928 times)
india
Princess

« Reply #240 on: November 03, 2016, 12:11:33 am »

And Geography.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #241 on: November 03, 2016, 12:24:44 am »

There isn't that much 'court ceremonial' in the UK that anyone other than The Queen does anyway.

They have:

The State Opening of Parliament - The Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla attend (and it has only been in recent years that Charles has returned to attending after attending until the early 90s and then stopping as the decision was that only The Queen and Philip would attend - not the entire BRF as was the case). Now the monarch and heir and spouses only attend.

Investitures - carried out by The Queen, Charles, William and Anne

Opening of the Scottish Parliament - The Queen and Philip only attend

Opening of the Welsh Assembly - The Queen and the Prince of Wales and spouses attend - again having the Prince of Wales attend is a fairly recent change

Trooping the Colour - the entire family attends

Garter Ceremony - those with the Garter and spouses attend

Thistle Ceremony - those with the Thistle attend

State Visits - The Monarch hosts, the heir greets and other royals as the Queen sees necessary (this year's banquet had The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra and Tim Laurence - Anne is overseas in Malaysia and Singapore - not even the Michael's of Kent got an invite to the banquet and they usually attend State Banquets as do the Wessexes and Andrew but not this time).

Diplomatic Corps Reception - Most of the family attend, including William and Kate.

When you actually analyse the 'court ceremonial' functions William does attend most of them. You can't expect him to go to the Scottish Opening of Parliament when Charles doesn't even go or start attending the State Opening of Parliament or the Opening of the Welsh Assembly when Charles and Camilla have only started attending those in the last 4 or so years.

Given the small turnout of royals for the State Banquet this year - 8 - there was no need for the Cambridge's to attend - particularly as Charles and Camilla were there.

Most of the 'court ceremonial' is actually done solo by The Queen - the meeting and greeting of new ambassadors, the Privy Council meetings (Charles doesn't attend these so no need for William to do so), the meetings with PM - all done by The Queen unaccompanied. If she wanted some help here she would have Charles step up but she isn't handing over these duties to anyone.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #242 on: November 03, 2016, 12:31:16 am »

^Off off topic.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #243 on: November 03, 2016, 04:47:12 am »

Some geography classes are about biodiversity/wildlife, so I guess it's somewhat related.  dontknow

But I don't think William is the right person to talk about this cause. He hunts animals for sport. Not the best person who should be going around telling other people which animals they can and cannot kill.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #244 on: November 03, 2016, 02:51:59 pm »

^I wasn't directing off topic to you.  No worries. YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Sophie
courtier

« Reply #245 on: November 03, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

He seems to think he's an authority on everything.  PR and media relations, online bullying and now this.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2016, 08:22:17 pm »

You mean he isn't??!! I'm shocked I tell you shocked.  Tongue
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2016, 10:08:47 pm »

^^ Of course he does. Look how he was brought up. Everyone constantly telling him how great he is, and covering for him whenever he made a mistake.
india
Princess

« Reply #248 on: November 04, 2016, 12:37:04 am »

He is one of the most unintelligent people I have ever seen. And combined with his flawed, weak personality makes a very bad possibility for a future reigning monarch.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #249 on: November 04, 2016, 04:19:36 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:21:41 am by meememe » Logged
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #250 on: January 03, 2017, 04:22:50 pm »

China announces ban on ivory trade by end of 2017
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-38470861

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 

The Duke of Cambridge, President of @united4wildlife, has welcomed China's announcement to ban all ivory trade:
The Duke said China's decision to ban its domestic ivory trade "could be a turning point in the race to save elephants from extinction.
HRH: "I congratulate the Chinese Government for following through on this important commitment. This battle can be won.
We need all countries to step up to the plate & do their part to end the illegal wildlife trade & save these species before it's too late."

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #251 on: March 06, 2017, 07:46:15 pm »

William's elephant graveyard: Prince's charity to display a haunting archway of 200 elephant tusks in Hampton Court Palace grounds to highlight the horrors of the ivory trade

It's one of Britain’s most prestigious horticultural events – and visitors are used to quietly exploring designer gardens in the genteel grounds of a Royal palace.
Yet this year, the crowds are set for a graphic shock.
To highlight the horrors of the ivory trade, Prince William’s charity Tusk Trust is helping to create a dramatic archway of 200 elephant tusks at the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show in South-West London.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4282446/Prince-William-s-display-highlight-ivory-trade.html#ixzz4aZpTYRL7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #252 on: March 06, 2017, 07:54:18 pm »

China announces ban on ivory trade by end of 2017
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-38470861
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 

The Duke of Cambridge, President of @united4wildlife, has welcomed China's announcement to ban all ivory trade:
The Duke said China's decision to ban its domestic ivory trade "could be a turning point in the race to save elephants from extinction.
HRH: "I congratulate the Chinese Government for following through on this important commitment. This battle can be won.
We need all countries to step up to the plate & do their part to end the illegal wildlife trade & save these species before it's too late."

This sounds patronizing; as if William and the BRF were owed this kind of ruling.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: