Royal Gossip
July 24, 2017, 09:33:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William's Cause Against Illegal Wildlife Trade  (Read 21352 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 09:03:39 pm »

He's just being foolish and fashionable; his biggest mistake is to worry about stuff that isn't going to help his country, Britain and the Commonwealth being his country.

The problem is that those who want William to focus on domestic causes will be the same people who will condemn him for not building a profile internationally - or at the very least, amongst the Commonwealth. A balance of the two would be best, IMO.

Not being able to win is something he's going to have to get used to; he should have been focusing on domestic stuff during his twenties and not jet setting. He is behind, because he put his maturity and responsibilities off, something that he never should have done.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 09:04:32 pm »

Many, many years ago, there was an international campaign against the wearing
of furs, rightfully so IMO.  All the royals pitched in.  I recall a big function attended
by the then Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, plus all the other royals, and of
course all the nobilities and well=to=do.  One commentator put it so well:
You could tell all the pro=animal, anti fur women in the audience, by all the
swathes of fur coats being worn.  They just didn''t equate one thing with the other,
just another fashionable cause to them.  I think Wimpo and his ilk are just the same.
Eventually this caravan will move on too, to some other fashionable cause. It always
does..
No one ever said it better than F. Scott Fitzgerald "When the going gets tough,
the rich climb back into their money and move on."
Raisie
Countess

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 09:16:45 pm »

Many, many years ago, there was an international campaign against the wearing
of furs, rightfully so IMO.  All the royals pitched in.  I recall a big function attended
by the then Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, plus all the other royals, and of
course all the nobilities
and well=to=do.  One commentator put it so well:
You could tell all the pro=animal, anti fur women in the audience, by all the
swathes of fur coats being worn.  They just didn''t equate one thing with the other,
just another fashionable cause to them.  I think Wimpo and his ilk are just the same.
Eventually this caravan will move on too, to some other fashionable cause. It always
does..
No one ever said it better than F. Scott Fitzgerald "When the going gets tough,
the rich climb back into their money and move on."

You mean all the nobilities in Netherlands?

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 09:25:38 pm »

No Raisie,  sorry I meant Europe wide,  plus UK, US, all who attended.

I also did not mean to imply that the then Queen Beatrix or the other
royalty were among those who wore fur to that function.  They did not,
they wore cloaks and other capes etc. 

The commentator was referring to many members of an international audience.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 02:26:43 am »

The slaughter of animals - especially the Elephants tigers etc to the point where extinction outside of zoos is imminent is a tragedy and I don't care if Will is sincere or only in it cause it's fashionable etc - as long as he helps to bring attention and hopefully get some action - it is a help.   Personally - I think he is sincere as this is one issue he has persistently been involved in since his gap year.  I understand no one wants to see him focus on this to the exclusion of concerns in the UK - he surely can find the time to lend a hand on UK issues.  But I still think this is an important issue and I am glad to see him bringing attention to it.

We complain he is not focused - but when he gets focused - we complain it is not the right focus.  This is a step in the right direction - one step at a time.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 02:31:14 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545708/Williams-war-rhino-butchers-How-Prince-entering-fray-dramatic-behalf-beleaguered-animal.html

Prince William is attending a conference in Downing Street On the illegal wildlife trade, supported by Prince Harry and Kate.

Not sure if the others will attend, but it is time someone took up the cause!
seriously He should be applauded for doing something but how many years has he been doing this and got any results? How is one supposed to protect an endangered species if they are living across the pond. Its good to be talking about it but wheres the action?

does this mean he miss his classes at Cambridge? guy cant seem to find himself even though his people try so hard.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 02:45:26 am »

The thing is I don't think this makes William looks "focused." He seems more scattered and appears still to be a dabbler. He does little except go to banquets and maybe visits estates in Africa of wealthy friends. The problem is he can't seem to get himself in gear and really do things and seem to have some sort of an interest.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 03:01:20 am »

William doesn't' go to banquets either.

I think he's deteriorating pretty badly.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 06:38:13 pm »

Thunder faced Wimpo spotted with an overnight bag.
http://www.ntd.tv/en/news/world/europe/20140128/86574-first-night-without-family-prince-william-back-at-university.html Carole making lovepotion for Wills
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 08:11:38 pm »

China set to join wildlife crime talks in London after Prince William's mission
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/china-set-to-join-wildlife-crime-talks-in-london-after-prince-williams-mission-9090690.html
In a victory for Prince William the Chinese government will send a minister to London next month to discuss the illegal trade in ivory and rhaino horn.

The Duke of Cambridge has been urging China to do more to help the international battle against poaching.

It has seen a sustained behind-the-scenes effort, led by Environment Secretary Owen Paterson, aimed at persuading the Chinese to come to a conference on the illegal wildlife trade at the start of February. Governments from across Asia and Africa are expected to attend.

China is a huge market for ivory, rhino horn and tiger parts and ministers believe it has a key role in tackling poaching and trafficking.

A government source said: “There has been two trips to China to get them on board and we have been assiduously trying to persuade them to come.”  

William is expected to make a speech at the event, which will be attended by David Cameron, Foreign Secretary William Hague and US secretary of state John Kerry.

well hopefully China follows through
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 06:40:05 am »

Prince William is attending a conference in Downing Street On the illegal wildlife trade, supported by Prince Harry and Kate.
The 3 fakes who themselves shoot animals with grins on their crusty faces.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Aquitaine
Baroness

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2014, 08:05:28 am »

^ So true. Off-topic, but do you remember when the papers tried to spin Kate as being morally-opposed to the traditional Boxing Day shoot on her first married-in Christmas - when the truth is that women aren't allowed to participate? Nobody seemed to buy it.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, 07:06:39 pm »

I remember that. And considering she was blasting the poor birds out of the sky a few years before....
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2014, 07:28:47 pm »

China set to join wildlife crime talks in London after Prince William's mission
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/china-set-to-join-wildlife-crime-talks-in-london-after-prince-williams-mission-9090690.html
In a victory for Prince William the Chinese government will send a minister to London next month to discuss the illegal trade in ivory and rhaino horn.

The Duke of Cambridge has been urging China to do more to help the international battle against poaching.

It has seen a sustained behind-the-scenes effort, led by Environment Secretary Owen Paterson, aimed at persuading the Chinese to come to a conference on the illegal wildlife trade at the start of February. Governments from across Asia and Africa are expected to attend.

China is a huge market for ivory, rhino horn and tiger parts and ministers believe it has a key role in tackling poaching and trafficking.

A government source said: “There has been two trips to China to get them on board and we have been assiduously trying to persuade them to come.”  

William is expected to make a speech at the event, which will be attended by David Cameron, Foreign Secretary William Hague and US secretary of state John Kerry.
well hopefully China follows through

This isn't just William, but a result of diplomats; I also believe that the Chinese are just humoring the British, since nothing will stop them from getting involved in hunting.

Aquitaine
Baroness

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2014, 07:57:24 am »

@ CathyJane: Exactly.

@ Kuei Fei: I think you're probably right. I think rhino horn/tiger parts is wanted for use in traditional Chinese medicine, and it'll be very difficult to amend/censure a large part of your cultural heritage like that.

It's irritating that William is getting all the credit for other people's hard work - let's hope he doesn't say or do something that will undo it all.
Raisie
Countess

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 09:35:24 am »

^ tradition or not is not funny.Kill animals is  bignono just like bullfighting.
Some spanish people is tradition but see an animal die in such way is not good.Tiger,rhino and bullfighting should end and soon! tigers are very much in danger for extinction if you know.

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
Aquitaine
Baroness

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 08:04:52 pm »

^ Hi Raisie - I'm not saying that it shouldn't end, I'm just pointing out that it might be difficult to get the Chinese people to agree to a ban, even if the Chinese govt decides to criminalise such practices. You mentioned Spanish bull fighting in your post; well, in some parts of Spain bull fighting HAS been banned, but last year Spanish politicians signed a petition agreeing that bull fighting should be given "special cultural status" (meaning that it would be decriminalised) precisely BECAUSE it's part of Spain's tradition - this article explains it better: http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21437314

(Sorry for going off-topic, mods.)
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 09:34:38 pm »

thank you Fly on the wall for posting this in another thread

British Royals‏@britishroyals·
Charles & William will work to highlight Illegal Wildlife Trade next week. They'll attend conferences (Feb 12-13) & release a video (Feb 9)
will be interesting to see the outcome of this
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 09:53:44 pm »

Thing is, that the Chinese might refuse; this likely reminds them of the colonial times (something they will never forget or forgive) and putting up with a dissolute British prince lecturing them about morality will likely end with them refusing outright if only for the satisfaction of slapping a member of the British RF publicly. Since the Chinese are fierce about their national heritage and their right to determine their own future, certainly they will not let themselves be publicly ordered around. There is no way that the Chinese will allow themselves to lose face in such a manner. This will end with an outright refusal, or a public agreement, but a private rejection.

@ CathyJane: Exactly.
@ Kuei Fei: I think you're probably right. I think rhino horn/tiger parts is wanted for use in traditional Chinese medicine, and it'll be very difficult to amend/censure a large part of your cultural heritage like that.
It's irritating that William is getting all the credit for other people's hard work - let's hope he doesn't say or do something that will undo it all.

I wonder how many diplomats are seething that they won't get credited for this arrangement.

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 12:25:58 pm »

Prince William and Prince Charles team up against illegal wildlife trade
http://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2014020416840/prince-william-prince-charles-illegal-wildlife-trade/
Ever since the arrival of his son, Prince William has a renewed passion for protecting endangered wildlife. To help further highlight the cause, the Prince is teaming up with his own father for a series of high-profile events in February.

Prince Charles and William are working together to encourage others to help tackle the illegal wildlife trade, as part of a week-long awareness campaign in London.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: