Royal Gossip
November 18, 2017, 04:23:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William's Cause Against Illegal Wildlife Trade  (Read 22516 times)
Stargazer
courtier

« on: January 25, 2014, 10:56:27 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545708/Williams-war-rhino-butchers-How-Prince-entering-fray-dramatic-behalf-beleaguered-animal.html

Prince William is attending a conference in Downing Street On the illegal wildlife trade, supported by Prince Harry and Kate.

Not sure if the others will attend, but it is time someone took up the cause!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 08:48:33 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 11:23:13 am »

Pathetic.  So many problems in the UK, people struggling to make ends meet, old people dying of the cold because they can't afford to pay for heating, and all he can worry about is saving rhinos. This says a lot about his mentality, or lack of it.  If he ever becomes king then God help the UK. 

He reminds me of king juan carlos of Spain.  President of the Spanish WWF effort, caught on camera grinning from ear to ear having just killed an elephant.  Needless to say he has been removed from that presidency.  Wimpo hunts and kills animals here in the UK, probably approves of fox hunting, so he is being a total  hypocrite here.  If he feels that strongly about the rhinos let him renounce all his royal rights and go live in Africa and sort save his rhinos.  Most people in the UK can't afford their shopping bills, let along a flight to Africa, so what good is wimpo saving rhinos doing them.

These days wimpo sickens me.  With his petulance, his laziness, his over inflated opinion of himself, his lazy wife, his surrogate baby  -  that guy seriously needs help to sort his brain out.  Can you imagine how he will bring the monarchy and UK down if he ever makes the throne, perish the thought.

Go save your rhinos in Africa wimpo, and stay there for life.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 12:12:35 pm »

^
 goodpost
This article makes it clear how naive Wimpo is.
Even governments and the park rangers are involved and there's nothing Wimpo can do to change that.
Especially not with his normal routine involving a standard guilt trip, the obligatory teary eye and gazing at rhino's on his mobile. nervous
Raisie
Countess

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 12:20:05 pm »

i know i don't have nothing now to defend William,the man do what he wants and usually is to destroy himself and everyone who loves him still i better read that he does something than read that he does nothing at all.

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 12:31:10 pm »

He will be supported by the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.
Prices have soared even higher as rhino horn powder has become the ultimate status symbol as a recreational drug in both China and Vietnam, with millionaires there prepared to pay up to £60,000 a kilo.
Again PW and PH will bring attention to this cause, Rhino's are being killed for selfish acts.  60,000 a kilo for there tusks to be ground up into powder that's sickening.  

William’s plans also include recruiting the support of young conservationists who the charity hopes will have the energy and passion to take up the rhino’s cause.
I do hope he can find others who are willing to put a stop to this

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:32:53 pm by Nighthawk » Logged
MelissaRose
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 01:29:02 pm »

Another over privileged idiot taking on the glamorous causes.  wopedo
Does he not care about the people starving in Africa? What about the constant genocide, female genital mutilation, human rights issues, gay slayings, the witch hunts still going on in this day and age?
What about the people living in poverty in his own country?
Bloody tosser (btw I am very much pro-animal rights and anti-poaching, but there are other issues of equal and more importance which Willy is ignoring because of his silly rhino obsession)...
Why rhinos anyway? Plenty of other animals in severe danger of eventual extinction - elephants, big cats, sharks even...
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 03:14:03 pm »

worship worship

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 05:03:46 pm »

yup even if he did those and brought attention to them he'd be blasted for it so what's the point of him doing anything? At least he's trying to do something useful even if most of you aren't happy with him which is 99 percent of the time
MelissaRose
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 06:01:19 pm »

Actually, as much as Willy annoys me at times, he'd have my full support and admiration if he would commit himself to worthwhile causes (same with Kate). I simply cannot take him seriously for obsessing over fecking rhinos and being too damn selfish to help the needy in Britain - or in Africa despite his obvious obsession with the continent. It just pisses me off, I'm a student under 25 and not in any kind of special position yet I have done a lot for charity already. It's not even my job to support charities, unlike with Willnot, I just do it because I want to help. The fact that W+K simply cannot be bothered even though it's their damn job infuriates me, it's simply unacceptable and shows lack of compassion on both their parts. Especially when many of the other royals do more than their fair share - Harry is in a lesser position than WillKat and yet he is much more of a philanthropist and has genuine passion for several causes, particularly involving the military and Africa (people, not rhinos). He even founded his own charity, Sentebale.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 08:01:10 pm »

in my estimation animal conservation is a worthwhile cause - I do not think it should be his only cause - but it is appropriate for him to be involved in this.

india
Princess

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 09:16:56 pm »

William's problem is that his head is lodged permanently up his backside. It is my understanding that there is no known cure for that.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 10:28:34 pm »

goodpost MelissaRose.  Well said.  If he likes Africa that much then let him up sticks and live there, and let them fund his privileged and luxurious life style.  I am very pro animal rights and anti poaching, and I *despise* with a vengeance any cruelty to animals.  A lot of my time and money goes into caring for abandoned and abused animals in many different ways.  But there are worthy causes in the UK, many, many of them, and let us not forget how he blasts innocent birds out of the sky and kills innocent deer doing him no harm, and goodness alone knows what other innocents he kills in the name of "sport".  I cannot respect what he is doing in this instance, and disagree that doing something is better than doing nothing  -  hios "doing something is better than nothing" should be done in the UK, not abroad.  if the government in Africa can't stop it then why he thinks he can is beyond me.  Still in his celebrity mode I expect, not get the memo from chaz yet that he needs to knuckle down and do some serious royal work.
Val
Princess

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 10:53:54 pm »

Wimpo is a hypocrite with a capital H.

A week day meeting about saving Rhinos (who should be saved) then a 'sporting' weekend killing animals and birds.  Just doesn't add up to me.   
sandy
Princess

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 12:16:10 am »

William shoots birds for fun and he is a huge hypocrite getting all pious about rhinos. Some of the endangered species came from sporting royals who shot them for trophies.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 03:56:34 am »

William's problem is that his head is lodged permanently up his backside. It is my understanding that there is no known cure for that.

Maybe a barium wash.  Tongue
Raisie
Countess

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 02:13:46 pm »

goodpost MelissaRose.  Well said.  If he likes Africa that much then let him up sticks and live there, and let them fund his privileged and luxurious life style.  I am very pro animal rights and anti poaching, and I *critical objection* with a vengeance any cruelty to animals.  A lot of my time and money goes into caring for abandoned and abused animals in many different ways.  But there are worthy causes in the UK, many, many of them, and let us not forget how he blasts innocent birds out of the sky and kills innocent deer doing him no harm, and goodness alone knows what other innocents he kills in the name of "sport".  I cannot respect what he is doing in this instance, and disagree that doing something is better than doing nothing  -  hios "doing something is better than nothing" should be done in the UK, not abroad.  if the government in Africa can't stop it then why he thinks he can is beyond me.  Still in his celebrity mode I expect, not get the memo from chaz yet that he needs to knuckle down and do some serious royal work.
Agree on something,that there should be causes in the UK that William can do apart of Wildlife (i say apart,not to him to stop support wildlife).Rhinos are not the only ones who needs protection,there are species in the UK as well and others parts in Europe: The iberian lynx in Spain,The Scottish Wildcat,Chetahs,etc.
Know what humans have made to other species is so terrible and make me feel bad of be human as well.
Lions exist in all Europe now only exist in Africa and the Jaguar exist from North Mexico to part of South America now only exist in few parts of Mexico and Center America.

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 10:26:37 am »

I see some others also feel that wimpo could give some time and charity closer to home.

http://www.stirringtroubleinternationally.com/2014/01/27/why-dont-the-windsors-visit-the-flood-hit-areas-in-britain/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+StirringTroubleInternationally+%28Stirring+Trouble+Internationally%29

Aquitaine
Baroness

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 10:49:53 am »

The problem is that those who want William to focus on domestic causes will be the same people who will condemn him for not building a profile internationally - or at the very least, amongst the Commonwealth. A balance of the two would be best, IMO.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 06:52:57 pm »

^^good article - why haven't they visited - the royals are usually very good about this sort of thing - seems odd - wonder if the government doesn't want them visiting
sandy
Princess

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 07:09:46 pm »

I saw a show about Prince Charles showing home movies of his childhood (on a PBS station). I thought of William and conservation as I noticed Charles walking down a corridor surrounded by mounted deer heads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: