Royal Gossip
October 22, 2017, 03:53:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZARA had a baby GIRL!  (Read 15541 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2014, 10:01:02 pm »

totally agree Vesper very tacky none the less
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2014, 10:22:02 pm »

She has all the right to do what she wants but this vulgar, vulgar, vulgar.  eating cookies

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2014, 12:04:34 am »

it is nice to see them looking so thrilled and happy with their baby - and newborns all look rather scrunchy - but selling to Hello is tacky.
Sora
royal watcher

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2014, 01:36:27 am »

Mia?, never really liked that name, Ema or Emily Grace would of been really pretty.
But the baby is beautiful and looks healthy  easter-bunny congrats!
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2014, 01:00:43 pm »

Well, this royal baby certainly hasn't been kept hidden from view - Z&M are clearly besotted parents, happy to show off their baby asap, to discuss the birth etc.  No amateur pic of their baby at a distance & almost swamped in a blanket - lots of professional photos with their baby's face out there for all the world to see.    Anyone would think the RF had set this up on purpose to compare & contrast with PW/WK behaviour.

Look forward to the Christening - I'm sure that will be a big occasion will ALL the RF present & correct with beaming smiles, the father not looking as if he was going to his own hanging.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2014, 01:12:48 pm »

Yes, lovely to see them so happy and besotted with little Mia.  She seems quite cute as babies go, but already seems to look like her dad. Even Zara looks softer and has that new mother glow, you can tell she is happy and proud of her little one.  Maybe the rf are trying to make a statement, who knows what goes through their minds, they do things in odd ways at times to get something out there to the public.  Whatever, very happy mum and dad who so obviously adore their little daughter.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2014, 01:41:02 pm »

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter

Several papers report today that Zara and Mike Tindall sold pics of their daughter Mia only days after denying they planned to cash in.

Has Zara Phillips tarnished her 'brand' after selling the first pics of her daughter Mia, reportedly for over £100,000? Looks like it today.

Rebecca English @  RE_DailyMail

Controversy as Zara Phillips pockets reported £150,000 from Hello! for baby Mia's first pictures dailymail.co.uk/femail/article…

People are saying what's the big deal if she sold the pics she's not a working Royal .

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2014, 04:50:28 pm »

Then, I hope that when the time comes for Bea, Eugenie, Louise and James to do so...just because they have HRH behind their names..no one minds.

IMO< its tacky.  The Queen could easily have offered the couple money to NOT sell her first photo's.  Say what you want:  but at least Kate and Wills posed with George for free.

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2014, 05:51:46 pm »

agree RW, it's a shame that Zara only did this to make money even if she doesn't have a title, not in the publics eye...although she is in the publics eye because of her horse trails she does and is linked to the queen as her granddaughter
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2014, 06:28:01 pm »

Do we know if Zara and Mike kept the money?  It's possible they had the money donated to a charity or organization of some kind.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with this.  Zara is an Olympic athlete, and Mike is a professional athlete.  Those types of people do this all the time.  Is Zara exempt from this because of who her grandmother is?  And I imagine that she would rather do proper photographs with the magazine than having the paparazzi hounding them and trying to get pictures.  I think Zara knows how to handle the press so that Mia (and any other children they may have) will recognize that the press will be a part of her life, but not an intrusive part.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Val
Princess

« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2014, 07:11:43 pm »

At least Mike Tyndall's father wasn't muscling in like creepy Mike.
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2014, 07:45:55 pm »

I agree Val - in common with other parents of "commoners" who married into the RF you never hear anything about his parents
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2014, 08:54:19 pm »

^^  thumbsup I don't have a problem with them doing this. Sure  it's a bit tacky but they aren't on the royal gravy train and have to make a living. As professional sports people they are aware of commercial opportunities.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2014, 09:25:32 pm »

IMO Mikes career is shot .. Zara has been out of commission for 9 months...can't tell me that the Magazine would have more interest in their Child if it wasn't for her being the grandchild of the queen

I highly doubt they would have paid her that kind of cash for being a horse back rider professionally and all the other deals she gets its because of her connection plain and simple so in a way Zara does ride that Royal gravy train
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:27:15 pm by Nighthawk » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2014, 09:38:40 pm »

^^  thumbsup I don't have a problem with them doing this. Sure  it's a bit tacky but they aren't on the royal gravy train and have to make a living. As professional sports people they are aware of commercial opportunities.

Agree, she does not ride the royal gravy train, but I did find it a touch tasteless, although can see the reasoning behind it. Be nice if they used it as an education fund for Mia.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2014, 02:23:40 am »

RICHARD KAY: Zara faces a dilemma: Is she a Royal or a B-list celebrity?
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2567947/RICHARD-KAY-Zara-Phillips-faces-dilemma-Is-Royal-B-list-celebrity.html#ixzz2uOIHhpy3
How ironic that the beaming pictures of mother, father and newborn, alongside an interview in which Zara and Tindall speak about Mia’s birth, should appear at the same time as the former England rugby star is suing a newspaper for breach of privacy over an article suggesting difficulties in their marriage.
As a seasoned courtier put it to me: ‘On the one hand, they are complaining about their private life being discussed and, on the other, here they are invading their own privacy. It’s unsettling to say the least.’

wow that sounds so familiar, complain when it doesn't suit them then rake in over a hundred thousand when it proves to be a profit for them

Can she play the imperious granddaughter of the Queen one moment and the next join a cast of soap stars and fame-hungry reality TV types opening her heart and home for money?
yup sounds like she has no problem opening up her home for the money
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:26:06 am by Nighthawk » Logged
benign
Duchess

« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2014, 03:13:36 am »

I wonder which is one the tackiest, the one who asked for money upfront and doesnt sneaked around about it or one who takes a photo and then gets a cut everytime the pic is published or calls the paps for a photo op, then gets paid and sell it to Hello magazine   worship
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:15:49 am by benign » Logged
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2014, 08:33:39 pm »

A big problem is that everything she is, has and has done is traceable back to BP.  She is an Olympic medalist because she had the time to train, because she did not have to get a job in they way of normal people because she lived in opulence because of her royal mum.  There would be little interest in this child, were it not for the royal connection.  Granted Mike is an athlete, but would Zara have been in his orbit without her own sport, which was made possible by her royal life.  The sponsorships and the luxury  brands she represents would not have given her the time of day without the royal connection.  A normal person outside of celebrity do not get these campaigns.
Even without the title, she is still firmly in the royal column.  She is not normal, never has been, never will be.  On the other hand, she does not get paid for royal duties.  A conundrum, but I think they should have passed on this one, the fact that she didn't says much about the state of the monarchy. 
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2014, 11:57:31 pm »

if they have to "earn" their own living I guess we cannot complain about how they do it but... it does seem a bit hypocritical to sue over one article while you take serious money for another - and as has been said - no one would be remotely interested in these photos if Zara was not the Queen's grand daughter - so I say - tacky tacky tacky
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2014, 12:15:36 am »

like I've said she rides the royal gravy train just in a different capacity she's using her connections just like the rest of em
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: