Royal Gossip
June 26, 2019, 01:28:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla trip to Canada May 2014  (Read 19148 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2014, 08:36:29 pm »

She seems to have it touched up and the color varies at times.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2014, 10:07:26 pm »

Agree, not looking frail at all.  The old chin and neck are sagging, needs another face lift.  And her hair, she looks as though she has pulled a wig on, very unflattering.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2014, 11:59:22 pm »

Rebecca English‏@RE_DailyMail·
And the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall disembark in #canada #royaltour Duchess wearing Fiona Clare pic.twitter.com/DqW6Za6Hys
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/468145390056116224/photo/1

Rebecca English‏@RE_DailyMail·
The Prince of Wales arrives in Halifax, Canada, for a three day royal tour. pic.twitter.com/RAEqRWDMGK
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/468148156883296256/photo/1

benign
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2014, 02:50:11 am »

I am surprised Cams didnt cancel this one since her brother just passed away and she has a very good reason to stay home. good for her that she still went no matter what..

hope this trip will be successful one..
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2014, 03:22:57 am »

They both look quite old in comparison with people of a similar age. When Charles is eventually crowned Charles 111 they are going to look a very old couple.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2014, 05:12:25 am »

Cam is still coloring - can see the roots but Charles really looks white - surprising I had not noticed it before - really getting snow white there.  Right - they will be quite the senior couple when he is crowned.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2014, 02:37:55 pm »

I am surprised Cams didnt cancel this one since her brother just passed away and she has a very good reason to stay home. good for her that she still went no matter what..

hope this trip will be successful one..

However much she misses her brother and is grieving, no way would she skip this. She likes the attention IMO. And Charles has been pushing her PR and spending megabucks on her  so he would not want her being an absentee.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2014, 06:47:43 pm »

^^

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/08/article-2623525-1DACDBAF00000578-865_306x464.jpg

I can see her roots on the picture above. They look darker grey. I was not sure whether she had highlights on her natural colour like Helen Mirren does but I can see the darker grey showing through.

You would have thought that she would have had her roots done for this visit. She is high maintenance so it's not as if she does not spend money on herself. The bee venom does not seem to be working.

I do feel catty writing this but the amount of money thrown at making Camilla acceptable one way and another is a small fortune. I have seen figures of £500K + for hair, clothes and hats some years ago.  Kate's a novice in comparison.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2014, 06:57:46 pm »

She has not aged well and with her years of smoking and being out in the sun with perhaps no sun screen it is hard to repair skin damage. She and Charles both have not so great looking teeth. But she has a lot of $$$ spent on her maintenance, that's very true.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2014, 11:01:39 pm »

Prince Charles, Camilla visit Pictou and Halifax
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/prince-charles-camilla-visit-pictou-and-halifax-1.2647173
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have been busy during their first full day in Canada, lunching with war brides and veterans, visiting a local farmers' market and making stops at the Halifax Public Gardens and a military family resource centre.

Hundreds of well-wishers came out to greet the royal couple at their various appearances. They arrived in Pictou, N.S., Monday afternoon to visit the replica ship Hector. The original ship brought many of the first Scottish settlers to Nova Scotia.

After watching a concert featuring Scottish music and dancing and listening to a talk about the Hector, the royal couple left Nova Scotia bound for Prince Edward Island.

The Prince of Wales and Camilla spent lunch at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21, where they chatted with veterans and war brides.

They also toured Halifax's Seaport Farmers’ Market, where Charles sampled Nova Scotia wine. The couple met with children from the Hope Blooms project, a venture where young people took over an abandoned Halifax garden and now make an organic salad dressing so popular they can't keep up with demand.

I'm not excited that these two are here in my country
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2014, 12:16:09 am »

I think the Queen described Camilla as looking 'very worn' when she saw her close-up for the first time in ages. That was after years of refusing to meet her.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2014, 12:27:31 am »

well as has been said - it is the sun the smoking  etc - surprising she has never gotten even a light face life - just enough to relieve some of the sag.

She has a nice suit on today - sometimes she wears things that  are baggy and that ages her too,  But the blue color brightens her a bit,
sandy
Princess

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2014, 01:33:16 am »

She should not call attention to her mouth (bad teeth). The photos where she eats are the worst.  I wonder why with all the money for her upkeep there was nothing done with her teeth.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2014, 01:42:55 am »

Sandy maybe Prince Charles doesn't have a problem with his wife looking like a horse when she smiles and shows off her teeth? lols Charles could find that as one of her attractive natures that kept him going back to her bed when he was married  sly
sandy
Princess

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2014, 01:49:13 am »

Probably. Charles has two non-negotiables on his "team": Camilla and Fawcett. I wonder if Fawcett helped plan the trip.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2014, 01:52:26 am »

Charles may not have a problem with her looking like a horse but I bet he has problems with her smoking habits. It would be liking kissing and hugging an ash can. I don't think all the puffing away has done anything for the condition of her teeth, either.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2014, 01:55:29 am »

Her teeth probably looked worse and perhaps this was the dentists could do when they tried working on them. Smoking does a lot of damage.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2014, 02:15:22 am »

don't think this is the best they could have done - she could have had veneers put in that would have done wonders for her appearance.  But there seems to be a nonchalance about appearances among some of the royals - especially re: their teeth.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2014, 09:01:09 am »

The royals tend to let nature take its course rather than have the interference of the knife.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2014, 09:25:59 am »

In a way it is quite refreshing that older royals don't immediately rush to their cosmetic surgeon and demand procedures. It's one difference between them and celebrities.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: