Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:59:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla trip to Canada May 2014  (Read 18596 times)
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2014, 09:48:35 am »

I agree re: plastic surgery but the teeth thing is different - one should take care of their teeth -
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2014, 02:05:04 pm »

For the royal who talks to plants... a chance to chat with a banana and carrot: Surreal 'organic' encounter for Prince Charles as he and Camilla begin whistlestop tour of Canada

Prince Charles once famously admitted he enjoyed talking to his plants - and today, he also had the chance to chat with a banana and a carrot.
As part of their whirlwind tour of Canada, the prince and the Duchess of Cornwall visited a Military Families Resources Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where they encountered one of the most unusual line-ups of their royal careers - a group of fruit and veg.
The royal couple were introduced to volunteers dressed up as a banana, a carrot and a bunch of grapes in order to promote healthy eating among children.

Camilla burst into laughter as she was introduced to banana Matthew Hunt, saying 'what have they made you do?'.
Carrot John Marc Morel cheekily told the environmentally minded prince: 'I'm all organic you know!'
'I am in the navy and he told me that I should take it on board with me.'
The pair also met a puppet called Jason who is used to help children talk through any issues they may suffer from, as a result of having parents in the military.
His operator, Melissa Connell, said: 'The prince said he looked a little scary but the children love him and find him easy to confide in.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2632818/Charles-Camilla-officially-kick-whistlestop-tour-Canada.html
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2014, 02:43:24 pm »

^
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/19/article-2632818-1E02957F00000578-94_470x609.jpg

Camilla's hair looks over bleached the above picture. To keep that colour takes a lot out of the hair especially in older women. I know I am catty about the finer details but she spends so much money that if it was me I would expect a lot better.

Love the protection officer in the background of picture 9! Hope to see more of him in the royal tour pictures!

I had to laugh at one of the comments to the article in the DM. They are right though. Better not assign him to Kate.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:48:09 pm by Freya » Logged
Kit
Baroness

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2014, 02:52:02 pm »

don't think this is the best they could have done - she could have had veneers put in that would have done wonders for her appearance.  But there seems to be a nonchalance about appearances among some of the royals - especially re: their teeth.

I agree Cate, the RF needs to find a new family dentist.  

And add some flouride to their fancy Royal water.

Our teeth and oral health is linked to our overall health.

Who wants to look at decaying, yellow-brown teeth?

There are studies that demonstrate that good teeth are important to achieving professional and personal success.

It amazes me that the Brits haven't caught up on this. Members of my family had braces in the 1950's it's not like they're something new.  

Crest should do some sort of deal with them, free WhiteStrips if they can use their before and after photos.  If they can work on Camilla....
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2014, 03:04:10 pm »

Didn't William and Harry have braces when they were teens? I'm sure I saw photos of Harry with them. (They might have been trying to get rid of the slight gap in his front teeth.)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2014, 03:22:40 pm »

I think Will still has an overbite (slighter than it was before though).
Kit
Baroness

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2014, 03:39:05 pm »

A lot of times a nighttime retainer is assigned to a patient after the braces come off.  If Wm wasn't compliant then the changes will reverse or the results won't be realized. 

I just think it's sad.  So much can be done today.  The pediatric dentist began pulling my daughter's teeth at 6 and putting in spacers to prevent the need for major orthodontic work later on. 

Perhaps this is why Wm disappears for long stretches, he hides for months on end bc he's wearing braces.

I know doctors who grew up poor who did Invisalign in their 40's and it really wasn't noticeable.  Perhaps this is something Wm should consider.  His receding hairlines seems to highlight his overbite. 
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2014, 02:36:25 am »

I agree re: plastic surgery but the teeth thing is different - one should take care of their teeth -

With all the money they have no excuse for such bad teeth.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2014, 06:13:28 am »

I think will has too big teeth for his jaw - he probably needed two teeth remove in the back - and then braces to pull the overbite in.  You know this is not just about appearance - a proper bite prevents jaw pain - I suspect his jaw clenching all the time is because he has that overbite.

Someone ought tell them that yellowing and grungy looking teeth are disgusting - people feel turned off by speaking to someone with poor teeth.  They are hardly a good example.

Camilla's ahir - looking at that pic - when you go grey (white) the hair yellows - it looks as if she is not coloring it - or not coloring it often enough - she has layers of white mixed in with the yellow hair - which could be yellow not because of dye but because of grey/white hair yellowing.  Lord they are slobs.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2014, 06:34:02 am »

It's hard to know exactly what colour Camilla's' hair is supposed to be. I thought for years it was a snowy white, but a friend saw her quite close up in London and described it (a year ago) as 'a champagne colour'.

The big Windsor chompers are really a Mountbatten thing. Philip's aunt, who became Queen of Sweden, had a thin face and huge horse-like teeth. To be fair, the Windsors aren't the only ones. Queen Margrethe of Denmark is a heavy smoker with huge yellow teeth.(I like her, though!) William and Beatrice have the too-many-teeth for the mouth characteristic, to such an extent that poor Beatrice can't really close her mouth properly. Thank goodness Harry escaped.
Kit
Baroness

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2014, 06:40:37 am »

Agree, the best thing for a small mouth is to pull the back teeth in order to achieve a proper alignment.

I imagine he grinds his teeth when he sleeps since his bite is off. 

The RF just amazes me sometimes.  I always chuckle when Kate is criticized for her hair.  She's in good company, just look at Camilla and Anne.

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2014, 10:27:32 am »

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/21/article-2634400-1E0B80E700000578-985_634x459.jpg

You can see the darker roots in Camilla's hair so the "champagne" colour is lighter than her natural colour. That degree of lightening will damage her hair as hair becomes  more brittle with age.

It just goes to show that the amount spent does not always correlate to the finished look.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2014, 01:32:51 pm »

Putin is behaving just like Hitler', says Charles. Prince's controversial verdict on Russian leader's invasion of Ukraine

Prince Charles has sensationally likened Vladimir Putin to Adolf Hitler.
In a withering verdict on the actions of the Russian president in Ukraine, he told a woman who lost relatives in the Nazi Holocaust: ‘And now Putin is doing just about the same as Hitler.’
The prince’s extraordinary intervention is certain to cause international controversy.

It is likely to be seen as a criticism of the West for failing to confront Mr Putin over his seizure of Crimea.  The annexation was the first by a major power in Europe since 1945.
Observers have compared the crisis in Ukraine with Hitler’s takeovers of Czechoslovakia and Poland.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2634400/Putin-behaving-just-like-Hitler-says-Charles-Princes-controversial-verdict-Russian-leaders-invasion-Ukraine.html

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2014, 01:42:19 pm »

Rebecca English @  RE_DailyMail
Clarence House have tonight issued a statement over Prince Charles' much reported comment on Putin and Ukraine from today's Daily Mail.

Clarence House says: 'We do not comment on private conversations.....

....But we would like to stress that The Prince of Wales would not seek to make a public political statement during a private conversation.'
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2014, 01:42:41 pm »

It is Prince Charles's perfect right to think whatever he likes about Putin and the situation in Ukraine. However, I don't believe he should have stated it. This is a very volatile and delicate situation, best left to diplomats and politicians. He may not know as much about the situation as he believes he does, (not a new position where Charles is concerned.)

He may well embarrass the Foreign Office or the British Ambassador to Moscow with these ill-timed remarks. When he gets to be sovereign he is going to have to remain silent about international hot-spots. Best he begins now.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2014, 04:08:05 pm »

Charles always shoots himself in the foot. He needs to keep his mouth shut.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2014, 04:18:55 pm »

^^^^Oh, nooooo.  There are people working around the clock on diplomatic discussions, sanctions and all other things highly explosive on the world stage and this is not helpful at all, PC.  Think however you like but keep it to yourself and let those who are ELECTED do the real work. He has no business stirring the pot this way.  What a mistake this was.  Luckily, I don't believe that anything he says is taken all that seriously but it's a good reminder for him to keep his political views to himself.  That's not the royal's job in any way, shape or form.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2014, 04:21:50 pm »

Putin to snub Prince Charles at D-Day commemoration after Royal compares Russian leader to Hitler and Palace refuses to deny 'private' comment

Vladimir Putin is to snub Prince Charles at next month's ceremony to mark the 70th anniversary of D-Day after the royal likened the Russian president to Adolf Hitler.
The future king had been expected to meet Mr Putin in France on June 6, but following his unguarded comment during a visit to the Canadian Museum of Immigration in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the pair will no longer be meeting.  
Clarence House have refused to deny his remarks and a spokesman said last night: 'We would not comment on private conversations. It was a private conversation at a reception for war veterans.'
The move came as a major Kremlin-loyal news source accused Prince Charles of risking an 'international scandal'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2635125/Putin-snub-Prince-Charles-D-Day-commemoration-Royal-compares-Russian-leader-Hitler.html

Peter Hunt@BBCPeterHunt
On Prince Charles @David_Cameron tells Radio 4's World at One "I'm not going to comment on the private conversation of anyone".
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 04:26:10 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2014, 06:19:06 pm »

It's truly sad when Charles wears his medals and sits next to war veterans who truly earned them--on the front lines.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2014, 06:29:34 pm »

You mean Charles's Coronation Medal, Silver Jubilee Medal, Golden Jubilee Medal,.....!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: